GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Whats your favorite discovered feature?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-16, 02:20 PM
lamikela1
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TrevorTran
I found out that there is a little LED light under the center of the rearview mirror. You can see it clearly at night time, or put your finger underneath the rearview mirror and you can see it. It's not very bright, but I found it when I was adjusting my ornament hanging off the mirror!
Yes that is supposed to light up the console. Mine is blocked by my radar detector but it still serves a purpose as it lights up the buttons on the detector.
Old 08-06-16, 01:45 PM
kmamphotos
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cgajewski
My wife hates my driving--I bought my first luxury sports car before I met her and, well, I drive it like its built to be driven. A 2003 Acura CL S. With the 2015 GS 350 F-Sport, I can switch it to Economy mode when she is in the car. To me, it's sluggish. For her, it's perfect. So, "wife mode" it is.
haha I drove an Acura CLS too and like your situation, the wife hated my driving. When we test drove the GS she loved it because of the ECO MODE as well. Just found this very relatable.
Old 08-07-16, 10:07 AM
DallasDave
Lead Lap

Received 119 Likes on 73 Posts

I like the fact that I can adjust the default music sound settings (bass, treble, fader, etc.) based on source. That is, my settings are different for XM than for USB. My son likes to connect his iPod via the 3.5mm jack, that too has it's own sound settings (gotta be thumpin).
Old 08-10-16, 09:16 AM
Lakersfan
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bright yellow spare tire. why is it bright yellow?
Old 08-10-16, 09:58 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by Lakersfan
bright yellow spare tire. why is it bright yellow?
I don't know if it's the real reason, but I've long assumed it was painted a hideous color to motivate people to get it off their car as quickly as possible, rather than drive around with it for longer than they should.

Or Toyota/Lexus just had a lot of yellow paint sitting around...
Old 08-13-16, 01:59 PM
Sideman7
Driver School Candidate

After owning a IS350 for four years, it took me a month to discover that the NAV in the 2016 GS has a 3D mode... Complete with 3D buildings in certain locations!

I saw in the manual there was an option to adjust your view in this mode, but had no idea how to turn it on...
Old 08-20-16, 08:55 PM
MsDee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MEAHT
Not a hidden feature but awesome nonetheless:

Driving down the street when all of a sudden got this big splash of water on my windshield, (sprinkler I think) before I could even blink the automatic windshield wipers came on and in one fell swoosh eliminated said threat right from my vision...F yea
must check to see if I have this feature or just need to turn it on 😁
Old 08-20-16, 08:58 PM
MsDee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by praetor
I like being able to push a button by the trunk to open it. Saves me from having to fumble with the key fob.
omg do I have this? I really need this.... I always leave the fob in my purse and have to fumble to get it out to open the trunk 😒
Old 08-20-16, 09:09 PM
MsDee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Atomic350F
Agree with all the above, but I'll add in my pleasant surprises

One thing I dont see that I LOVE is getting into the car by just grabbing the door handles without needing to unlock it first! I set it up to unlock all doors too at the same time, allowing everyone to hop right in easily. Couldn't believe the dealer didn't even show me this!

Also just one touch to start the engine without even needing to hold down the button.. This car is so effortless to own and use!

The auto sensing windshield wipers work better than I could have imagined adjusting themselves based on amount of rain and speed of the car.

The Fuel Guide is great, listing out nearby gas stations and current prices, and you can click to navigate to your favorite brand (or cheapest price if so inclined).

Oh yeah, and the nifty grocery bag holder in the trunk, that one snuck up on me too!

The more I think about this car, the more little things really add up on this fine machine!!
The grabbing the door handle feature was onmy 2010 and is on my 2013 RAV4s... Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE

Stumbled upon the one touch start engine by accident just a few days ago but you have just confirmed that it wasn't a fluke as I initially thought... Thank you! 😜
Old 08-20-16, 09:18 PM
MsDee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2014GS350F
The small hidden compartment in the left trunk floor....where I found the owners manual after buying the car used and making the dealer buy me another one. Anyone need an owners manual? Hahaha
I I had the dealer find my wheel lock key in this same place... Had Lexus.com send new manual as well... Must check to see if manual is there now that you mention it... 👌
Old 08-21-16, 05:19 AM
MsDee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jkenny
I think its awesome how you walk past the car with the key in your pocket and the puddle lights glow. It like she is calling you to drive her!! You figure I would be used to it by now since the GS is our 3rd Lexus but it still makes me smile when I walk past the GS in the garage and they light up, sorry girl, not now I have to go to work!!
MY EXACT SENTIMENTS... everyday on the way to work in the RAV4 👍😄
Old 08-21-16, 05:39 AM
MsDee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CLkicker
The super secret coin holder that valets haven't figured out it's there yet.
What coin holder? I haven't found mine lol 😁
Old 08-23-16, 10:21 AM
jdigga99
Driver

Originally Posted by MsDee
I've been waiting for a response to this also....my change is just loose in the center console
Old 08-23-16, 11:32 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,084 Likes on 1,481 Posts

Originally Posted by MsDee
Originally Posted by jdigga99
I've been waiting for a response to this also....my change is just loose in the center console
The coin holder (or small compartment) is located just below the BSM button on the lower part of the far left side of the dash. Hit the button in the upper-left portion of the coin holder door and it will open.

The following 2 users liked this post by bclexus:
AlexDev (03-29-22), Riven (02-11-20)
Old 08-24-16, 08:24 AM
jdigga99
Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus
The coin holder (or small compartment) is located just below the BSM button on the lower part of the far left side of the dash. Hit the button in the upper-left portion of the coin holder door and it will open.

Ha! thank you....had no clue that was even there!

Quick Reply: Whats your favorite discovered feature?