IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Please stop me before..

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-16, 06:01 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Tro209
A house is in the cards soon but having the ISF payment won't deter me from getting from one. I'm single, barely turned 22 and not looking into buying a house yet. I pay rent to my folks tho if that's anything lol. I was actually considering selling the is350 for a decent price, getting the ISF, and saving the money I get from the 350 and adding on from there to have a decent payment on a house later on.. But that's not till like later later on lol.
So how do you see this working? You come out of the club with a super hot chick you just met, walk her over to your $75k ISF, and then say, "please don't make a lot of noise when we get back to my place... I don't want to wake my parents up". LOL

I'm all for having nice cars, but at 22 years old you should be focused on getting your own pad, even if its an apartment, before spending a ton of money on high end cars. Just my .02.
Old 08-30-16, 06:05 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by semnosNSX
So how do you see this working? You come out of the club with a super hot chick you just met, walk her over to your $75k ISF, and then say, "please don't make a lot of noise when we get back to my place... I don't want to wake my parents up". LOL

I'm all for having nice cars, but at 22 years old you should be focused on getting your own pad, even if its an apartment, before spending a ton of money on high end cars. Just my .02.
I'm not really in a rush for that though. I've spent most of my life single and I'm perfectly content with it. I'm not really a ladies man and never have been so that sort of thing doesn't bother me. The house will come in time, and the funds from the IS350 will help with that. I see no point in me owning a house this early in life to be honest. If anything an apartment like my friend is doing but that's it lol.

Edit: Also the 2008 ISF's only cost about high 20's or really low 30's so the payment isn't that big a deal either. If I'm paying over $1k for my car a month easily and still have money to spend freely without worry right now. I can afford the F without a problem in my opinion. Just cause I'm young doesn't mean I don't make money lol.

Last edited by Tro209; 08-30-16 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-30-16, 06:12 PM
tonykdee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikersoft
I think I can help simplify this quandary. IMO, it's all about what kind of car guy you are. If you're financially in a good position to do either, I'd ask you this: Do you think of yourself as more of a gear-head or an artist? If it's the former, go for the IS-F and enjoy an often overlooked automotive gem.. If it's the latter, keep the IS350 and make it something special that makes other Lexus owners proud

If you want my option, it's IS-F all the way!!

-Mike
I'd have to second what Mike said.
Old 08-30-16, 06:32 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm not really in a rush for that though. I've spent most of my life single and I'm perfectly content with it. I'm not really a ladies man and never have been so that sort of thing doesn't bother me. The house will come in time, and the funds from the IS350 will help with that. I see no point in me owning a house this early in life to be honest. If anything an apartment like my friend is doing but that's it lol.

Edit: Also the 2008 ISF's only cost about high 20's or really low 30's so the payment isn't that big a deal either. If I'm paying over $1k for my car a month easily and still have money to spend freely without worry right now. I can afford the F without a problem in my opinion. Just cause I'm young doesn't mean I don't make money lol.
You bring up good points, but i wasn't making a correlation between age and income. It was more of priorities. And it was just my opinion

All that aside.... the F is an amazing car and my vote would be to hold out and get one when you are ready.
Old 08-30-16, 06:37 PM
av8or
Intermediate

Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

buying a house at 22 years old? you guys are joking right? you need at least 10% downpayment, at least here in california for a house.. a decent one at that.. i bought mine 11 years ago brand new, i was 35 then with combined salary from me and my wife.. we both had beater cars then.. refinanced it, then was able to get decent cars.. btw buying a house is one thing, keeping it is another.. better have a good stable job with this economy.. i pay $2300 on a 3 bd, 1300 sq ft, 2 story, 2 car garage..house value is 450k now.. the only reason i can afford it is i have no kids so no college funds for now..and unless commercial airplanes are flown thru drones, and wife loses her job, i should be ok..
Old 08-30-16, 06:38 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by semnosNSX
You bring up good points, but i wasn't making a correlation between age and income. It was more of priorities. And it was just my opinion

All that aside.... the F is an amazing car and my vote would be to hold out and get one when you are ready.
No worries, also I hope I didn't make it seem like I make a lot of money or anything because I don't lol. I'm sure the majority of you here makes much more than I do hahaha.

And yeah the plan is to hold off until my expenses such as my car and stuff are paid off and then getting the new loan. And then the funds of the 350 going into a house or something. Then going back to college once all my work phases are done (I do contracts for construction clean up on new homes and am given work in quantity not hourly) Chasing my career goals in college while working like a pig on the side. And going from there.. I basically have the whole thing planned out for once in my life lol. A female can come at any point and time after since I'm not really concerned with that right now and I feel would only prevent me from getting where I wanna be in life.

My brother's all got married and got houses real young and I learned from there mistakes lol.
Old 08-30-16, 06:42 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Pay off the 350, save up money. Invest it wisely, skip the ISF and get something nicer and faster down the road. But if u do get the F please don't go stance style with mad stretched tires and airbags lol
Old 08-30-16, 06:45 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
Pay off the 350, save up money. Invest it wisely, skip the ISF and get something nicer and faster down the road. But if u do get the F please don't go stance style with mad stretched tires and airbags lol
Oh no the ISF is a pure performance car for me. If anything I'll change the wheels or something but that's it. Okay maybe a Tom's kit too but that's it.... I promise. The only reason why I modded the IS350 for looks is because there ain't much else to do to them lol.
Old 08-30-16, 07:04 PM
av8or
Intermediate

Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

Oh no the ISF is a pure performance car for me. If anything I'll change the wheels or something but that's it. Okay maybe a Tom's kit too but that's it.... I promise. The only reason why I modded the IS350 for looks is because there ain't much else to do to them lol.
liar..lol.. we all went down that road.. we all know what happened...just a kit.. just a rear diffuser and that's it.. i'm ok with the car... well maybe springs, and a roof spoiler, oh and clear bra.. woah throttle control, oh and don't forget that intake, gotta have the intake...vinyl roof wrap, check.. aftermarket rims and new tires.. check.. i'm done.. whew...oh wait.. need some headers and exhaust.. where's the rest of my credit cards? honey, where's your wallet..
Old 08-30-16, 07:21 PM
Jmt1011
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Tro209;9603106]No worries, also I hope I didn't make it seem like I make a lot of money or anything because I don't lol. I'm sure the majority of you here makes much more than I do hahaha.

And yeah the plan is to hold off until my expenses such as my car and stuff are paid off and then getting the new loan. And then the funds of the 350 going into a house or something. Then going back to college once all my work phases are done (I do contracts for construction clean up on new homes and am given work in quantity not hourly) Chasing my career goals in college while working like a pig on the side. And going from there.. I basically have the whole thing planned out for once in my life lol. A female can come at any point and time after since I'm not really concerned with that right now and I feel would only prevent me from getting where I wanna be in life.

it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and you work hard. I'm sure you will make a good decision whatever route you choose to go. Good luck with everything.

Old 08-30-16, 07:28 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jmt1011
it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and you work hard. I'm sure you will make a good decision whatever route you choose to go. Good luck with everything.
Thank you, I appreciate the kind words.
Old 08-30-16, 07:48 PM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

Upgraded to a 11 after my bro totaled the 08 ,I just had to get the isf again 🔥🔥🔥🔥💯💯💯

My 08 before it was totaled

And totaled

Old 08-30-16, 07:54 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Scott610
Upgraded to a 11 after my bro totaled the 08 ,I just had to get the isf again 🔥🔥🔥🔥💯💯💯

My 08 before it was totaled

And totaled

I am really sorry to see what happened to your ISF. That must have you killed you on the inside. I know it would to me... Was your brother okay? Also congrats on the upgrade.
Old 08-30-16, 08:41 PM
gravesg
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

dude im 26 bought my isf right around a few months after i turned 26... i still live with my folks, i could move out but i see no reason ... don't let the you gotta have your place mojo get to you.

more millennials stay with their parents than ever before, its financially the correct move unless your in a serious relationship or have a family.

don't make some scumbag rich renting or buying a house you don't really need at the moment.

with my current job i do a ton of traveling, so i don't have a need for my own place.. but when im home in the F, it bothers no chicks... most of the time they have their own place anyway.

the types of chicks you deal with will most likely change with the car.

but i say all that to say this ... don't be in a rush to grow up and grab a place... you got the rest of your life for a mortgage, and after traveling the world ... im in no rush to make a payment on a set of arranged pieces of dry wall and a roof.
nothing worse then parking your car at your house and walking inside and its dead air and space you have no use for.

i had a flat i was paying for and it was such a waste even my parents were like really ?? do you really need it ?? .. they were right. ''staying with them tho i have alot more money for mods.

To each his own.
Old 08-30-16, 08:52 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have the RR Racing tuned intake then that makes perfect sense. That thing is beautiful!!
Got it. Love it!!!! Huge supporter of RR Racing. Rafi is THE MAN!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Please stop me before..