IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Pic request of ISF jacked up on coils for Winter

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-16, 05:09 PM
ISFLexy
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Pic request of ISF jacked up on coils for Winter

Wondering if any of you guys from the north dealing with winter conditions and are on coils, jack up the threads near the top for more travel through snow. Curious to see if with a coilover setup, the ride height can be a bit higher than even factory height? Reason i'm asking this is next winter i may have to start driving my F during the winter months so just want to get a preview of whats to come lol.
Old 10-26-16, 05:27 PM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey ISFLexy,

I don't have what you're looking for but I'm also in Ontario and I have driven my F through two winters already. I can tell you there was no problem driving stock height.

This year I'm on coils and I found a pretty good solution to maintain the coilovers (learned it from Subaru forum), and that is install coilover socks (I purchased mine from tegiwaimports) + anti-seize the collars.
I'll report back after winter to see how the socks are, but the guy from Subaru is also from Ontario and driven two winters with no issues.

I hope this helps.
Old 10-26-16, 05:40 PM
ISFLexy
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Zelfiris
Hey ISFLexy,

I don't have what you're looking for but I'm also in Ontario and I have driven my F through two winters already. I can tell you there was no problem driving stock height.

This year I'm on coils and I found a pretty good solution to maintain the coilovers (learned it from Subaru forum), and that is install coilover socks (I purchased mine from tegiwaimports) + anti-seize the collars.
I'll report back after winter to see how the socks are, but the guy from Subaru is also from Ontario and driven two winters with no issues.

I hope this helps.
Never thought of that idea, thanks alot for the info Zelfiris! Is this what you are referring to?

Old 10-27-16, 08:56 AM
BLKLBL
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFLexy
Wondering if any of you guys from the north dealing with winter conditions and are on coils, jack up the threads near the top for more travel through snow. Curious to see if with a coilover setup, the ride height can be a bit higher than even factory height? Reason i'm asking this is next winter i may have to start driving my F during the winter months so just want to get a preview of whats to come lol.
I'm at stock height with no lip kit or skirt extensions.. don't see any need to go higher. intrigued to see what that would look like tho
Old 10-27-16, 05:02 PM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ISFLexy
Never thought of that idea, thanks alot for the info Zelfiris! Is this what you are referring to?

Yes that's exactly what I'm doing
Old 10-27-16, 05:24 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

When i had coilovers on my old lexus i had a set of similar "socks" made up. The same ones the use on atvs and dirt bikes to protect from dirt and debris. Good idea to keep em clean and protected
Old 10-27-16, 05:24 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't have a picture of jacked up coilovers but here is mines back in 2013 or 2014