RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Gloss black wrap

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-16 | 04:21 PM
NichyNeato
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sneakerboy
Just an update post. Got the hood vent and spoiler wrapped by Penguin Wraps today in Lewisville, Tx. They did an amazing job. Quality work and great prices.

man that looks great!
My only suggestion is to maybe do the bottom lip of your grill too. Thats the only part I currently have wrapped in matte and I really like the look personally. That lip is suuper easy to do yourself. I have hardly any vinyl experience and I was able to do that myself in one try.

Got a really great quote at a shop in Richardson and taking mine in for a full chrome delete and roof wrap in 2 Saturdays.
Old 11-08-16 | 04:28 PM
Sneakerboy
Rookie

Originally Posted by NichyNeato
man that looks great!
My only suggestion is to maybe do the bottom lip of your grill too. Thats the only part I currently have wrapped in matte and I really like the look personally. That lip is suuper easy to do yourself. I have hardly any vinyl experience and I was able to do that myself in one try.

Got a really great quote at a shop in Richardson and taking mine in for a full chrome delete and roof wrap in 2 Saturdays.

Thanks man! Just checked out your pics and I'm really digging how you wrapped the bottom portion lip. I'm definitely going to look into that! Where are you taking it in Richardson?
Old 11-08-16 | 04:36 PM
NichyNeato
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sneakerboy
Thanks man! Just checked out your pics and I'm really digging how you wrapped the bottom portion lip. I'm definitely going to look into that! Where are you taking it in Richardson?
Thanks! yeah i think that lip may just complete the look.

I think the shop is called A to Z. Me and forcaport7, and maybe a few other local guys are using them. forcaport7 got his done already and said they do really good work. And they have really great prices too.
Old 11-08-16 | 04:52 PM
Sneakerboy
Rookie

Thanks! yeah i think that lip may just complete the look.

I think the shop is called A to Z. Me and forcaport7, and maybe a few other local guys are using them. forcaport7 got his done already and said they do really good work. And they have really great prices too.
Thanks man sounds good!
Old 11-08-16 | 05:43 PM
sirdimarco
Pole Position

Forca and I went to A to Z yesterday and got wrapped. I did full chrome delete, mirrors and roof done and they did a good job. Im going back this saturday because it was pouring rain yesterday and some of the wrap didn't stick completely. They are going to re wrap for free.

Old 11-09-16 | 06:54 AM
NichyNeato
Rookie

Originally Posted by sirdimarco
Forca and I went to A to Z yesterday and got wrapped. I did full chrome delete, mirrors and roof done and they did a good job. Im going back this saturday because it was pouring rain yesterday and some of the wrap didn't stick completely. They are going to re wrap for free.
man that looks sooo good. I have my apt with them a week from this Sat to do the same minus the mirrors.

I already told him satin black for the window chrome, did you go with gloss on your grill chrome or something different? I am undecided what will look better on the grill
Old 11-09-16 | 10:47 AM
sirdimarco
Pole Position

man that looks sooo good. I have my apt with them a week from this Sat to do the same minus the mirrors.

I already told him satin black for the window chrome, did you go with gloss on your grill chrome or something different? I am undecided what will look better on the grill
Went with gloss for the grill. metallic might go better with the grill finish but not sure. It still looks great either way.
Old 11-11-16 | 05:57 PM
iJDMTOY
Former Sponsor

Looks great, grille looks a bit more muted, but it looks much better!
Old 11-14-16 | 08:46 AM
NichyNeato
Rookie

Hey were the able to do the roof fin at A to Z? i just realized that i didn't specify that i wanted it matching, but wasn't sure if that was part of the roof wrap
Old 11-14-16 | 10:37 AM
forcaport7
Driver

Hey were the able to do the roof fin at A to Z? i just realized that i didn't specify that i wanted it matching, but wasn't sure if that was part of the roof wrap
yea just tell them when you get there. If you don't specify, he is not going to wrap it.
Old 11-14-16 | 10:54 AM
NichyNeato
Rookie

Originally Posted by forcaport7
yea just tell them when you get there. If you don't specify, he is not going to wrap it.
Just texted him and asked him to add it on. very cheap add-on. I seriously cant wait til this is done. this was the first thing that I've wanted to do to the car since I got it

I'll be sure to post pics when I get some!
Old 11-14-16 | 01:10 PM
sirdimarco
Pole Position

They did a great job on the fin too. My wrap shrinked a bit at the front of the fin but its not very noticeable unless you are at a birds eye view.

Old 11-14-16 | 02:58 PM
NichyNeato
Rookie

They did a great job on the fin too. My wrap shrinked a bit at the front of the fin but its not very noticeable unless you are at a birds eye view.
Man that looks so good, looks like paint! makes me even more pumped for mine this weekend
Old 11-17-16 | 08:48 PM
forcaport7
Driver

Just got my roof, spoiler, and mirrors done today. I am very pleased with the results!!

Old 11-18-16 | 07:19 AM
sirdimarco
Pole Position

Looks great!

Quick Reply: Gloss black wrap