Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Opinions on XE, A4, or S3 as daily driver...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-16, 01:45 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Congratulations on the new A4. On Friday when I had our Audi in for service I took a close look at the A4. The rep we bought our A6 from asked if I have to take one for a spin, but my car was just about ready and I had to get going. I really like the new A4.

If and when when you get the chance to sample a new A4, by all means, do so. I don't think you will be disappointed.
Old 11-13-16, 01:53 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Roger, and all, I've officially for the first time ever, bought a German car. For those who know me, this is a BIG deal seeing how much of a Lexus (and Toyota) enthusiast I am.
Congratulations. Looks great. Also nice to see a new vehicle here on the forum something delivered in something other than the usual gray/black/white/silver, etc.....

As far as it being a German car...........hey, I'm a firm believer in buying whatever suits your needs, wants, and budget the best, and not worry about what country it was designed and/or built in. And, your own screen-name (corrado), I might add, is that of a former German car....the VW Corrado.

Last edited by mmarshall; 11-13-16 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-13-16, 02:50 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
what a beautiful car - congratulations! fantastic color, too!

i am very much considering purchasing an audi the next time around.
Thanks! I never did want to consider one until I actually test drove one and realized how refined it is. Color is not as unique as USB but pops nearly as much.

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Congrats! She's a beauty!

Lifes too short to drive an HS every day lol
Haha so true though admittedly, it's THE perfect daily driver for those who value fuel economy, comfort, and reliability above all else.

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Congratulations on the new A4. On Friday when I had our Audi in for service I took a close look at the A4. The rep we bought our A6 from asked if I have to take one for a spin, but my car was just about ready and I had to get going. I really like the new A4.
Same here. It has grown on me!

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Congratulations. Looks great. Also nice to see a new vehicle here on the forum something delivered in something other than the usual gray/black/white/silver, etc.....

As far as it being a German car...........hey, I'm a firm believer in buying whatever suits your needs, wants, and budget the best, and not worry about what country it was designed and/or built in. And, your own screen-name (corrado), I might add, is that of a former German car....the VW Corrado.
Indeed! I prefer buying a car that does not blend too much and the color will help.
I owned an MR2, but never a Corrado. Friend way back had a Corrado VR6 in the early nineties and was a pocket rocket. Makes me wish VW brought it back though its predecessor, the Scirocco I believe is curently available in Europe.

As for the Jag, I so much wanted to like it but the coarse diesel engine was terrible and interior was not that special. I couldn't justify the 50K USD (60K in Can).
And as for the S3, I loved the more compact size, aggressive looks, and engine note/power while still delivering good fuel economy, but what I couldn't live with is the cramped and VW-like interior.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 11-13-16 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-13-16, 03:45 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Joe, Congrats on the new Audi A4. I had a feeling when you posted the photos of the blue one that was your new baby. I'm partial to blue.

Keep us updated on your adventures with the new car.

Now, I want to know what your going to do with Darth.
Old 11-13-16, 04:49 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by rogerh00
Joe, Congrats on the new Audi A4. I had a feeling when you posted the photos of the blue one that was your new baby. I'm partial to blue.

Keep us updated on your adventures with the new car.

Now, I want to know what your going to do with Darth.

Thanks Roger. It's almost two years with DarthNX (end of Dec) and hard to believe how time flies. No plans, yet...
I should be getting the A4 end of this week or early next. Will post here when I get it.

Thanks to everyone for all the input. It's ultimately one's own decision but I have to say the favorable opinions you all posted on the A4 reaffirms my choice.
Old 11-13-16, 06:35 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

You will love it! Guaranteed. Congratulations, and great color choice!
Old 11-13-16, 07:22 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by dseag2
You will love it! Guaranteed. Congratulations, and great color choice!

Thanks! I read up some of your posts on audiworld and shows you're happy with your car. Will be posting there too.
Old 11-13-16, 07:58 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

congrats! looks like you got an awesome options/packages combination too (yeah i like all the bells and whistles too ).

i've heard and read nothing but good about the new a4 - hope you love it years from now too.
Old 11-14-16, 12:20 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Woot congrats! And finally someone got a car and listened to all the advises

more pictures!!! And specially some interior shots at night
Old 11-14-16, 09:39 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
You don't understand. Not all Premium cars require Premium fuel. I was just curious what the A4 2l turbo used and as MM kindly replied that it doesn't.

I'm not considering an A4. I am interested in what Joe finally chooses for his DD though.
You were the one who said the A4 would drop to the bottom of your list if it required premium fuel, so sorry if I misinterpreted your less than clear post. I was just saying that I don't understand how a person can not have an issue buying an expensive car, but draws the line on expensive gas. If you think that people with this thought process are "trolls", well then that's unfortunate.

Last edited by tex2670; 11-14-16 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-14-16, 10:09 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 733 Likes on 505 Posts

Love the color!
Old 11-27-16, 02:54 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ Thanks Allen K. Not quite USB (my all-time favorite color ), but one of the nicest blues to my eyes.

So finally got her this week and posing with the rest of the family! To be honest, I find the A4 blends in nicely!

Old 11-27-16, 03:24 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Very nice! I like a little variety personally vs having multiple vehicles of the same make.
Old 11-27-16, 04:11 PM
BoDarville
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
So finally got her this week
what was the final selling price?
Old 11-28-16, 06:16 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

congrats!

oh and i can see the rc license plate on the front (you didn't blur that one)

Quick Reply: Opinions on XE, A4, or S3 as daily driver...