GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Has anyone seen this GS350 before? Are you in Tulsa?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-16, 10:07 AM
Dave144239
Instructor

Received 214 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by GS1day
Thanks djrabbi - Yea - just finding one with the luxury package and mark levinson is hard - I have opened up the search to include 2014's. I found this one which is not far from home and seems to be a pretty good price. Liquid platinum on grey. It has both packages and it was a lease return that was picked up at auction, and serviced by the dealer. I like that a lot better than it being a demo or a loaner vehicle like the other one was. What do you guys think of this one? http://www.mossisboss.com/used-Lafay...BE1BL9E5038844
That one looks good. I assume that you want RWD and no cold weather package. From what I've seen, that's a good deal.
The following users liked this post:
GS1day (12-07-16)
Old 12-07-16, 10:24 AM
GS1day
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dave,

From what I can find - it seems like a pretty good deal to me too. I am down south, so I don't need the cold weather package or AWD. I found a 2014 AWD luxury and levinson in VA, and it is completely loaded with heads up display as well as the laser cruise and PCS, but they are asking 35800 for it. I was considering it, but I don't need the AWD and how much extra is heads up display and laser cruise really worth to me? $1000 extra maybe? I doubt I can get them down to 30k on it when they are asking 35,800 anyway.
Old 12-07-16, 10:44 AM
teezee1000
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are some of the places I looked at in DFW area for my GS.

http://driversselect.com/inventory/v...20350/SortBy0/

http://www.europeanmotorsusa.com/used-cars/preowned-Lexus?rmodel=GS

http://www.ecarone.com/web/inventory/All_years/Lexus/GS%20350/All_body_types/All_vehicles/?sort_by=datedesc
Old 12-07-16, 11:07 AM
songoku
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Those lights look very nice. I think this another case where the US market gets shortchanged . those lights are not offered here. The luxury package has the adaptive light system , but they are HID, and not LED. This car has the luxury package, so it has the best lights offered in the US. The front end on your pic looks nice too, US versions are both different.
I think it's available in US, too. But, it's only offered on 450h. My bad.

The following 2 users liked this post by songoku:
GS1day (12-07-16), Im2bz2p345 (12-08-16)
Old 12-07-16, 11:17 AM
GS1day
Driver

Thanks for that! I had no idea those headlights were on some 4GS - how did you manage to add a new 'want' to my list
Old 12-07-16, 07:29 PM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

OP.... There is no VIN# stickers on the hood or fenders exist on Lexus GS. Also, from what I see, parking sensors might be 1/4" pushed in due to detailing or re-painting bumper, there are very flimsy parking sensor brackets on the back side of bumper that could just got broken or sensor just need to be pushed back into place. Anyway, I didn't find anything suspicious with GS. If you get a price down pretty good it worth it to drive yourself or as someone here suggested a third party inspection. It's very hard to guess based on pictures.
Old 12-07-16, 08:03 PM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Thanks for that! I had no idea those headlights were on some 4GS - how did you manage to add a new 'want' to my list
Those triple beams are only available on the hybrid versions 450H
The following 2 users liked this post by Dallasguy1:
GS1day (12-08-16), Im2bz2p345 (12-08-16)
Old 12-08-16, 04:15 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

The Lexus of Tulsa dealership has a 2015 GS350 with Luxury package and Mark Levinson - and the car is the colors I want - Atomic silver on grey. BUT Its been wrecked

If the work was done correctly, I would consider the car, but I live 500 miles away, so I can't drop in and check it out.

Here is what I know:
Car was in a small wreck and its not on the carfax.
Front bumper parking sensors look to be sunken in by 1/4 inch behind the bumper itself, but body panels and lines all look good. Paint looks good (from high-res pics)
Car hood has a small place on the drivers-side top corner where the paint looks like it was touched while drying - they clear-coated over. Small, but noticeable.
The car hood has scratches on the underneath side of it (this makes me think it was a junk yard hood replacement)
The car has a hand painted-on pin-stripe down the side.

The price is almost right, but the condition is questionable, so I was hoping someone from Tulsa might be able to go by there and take a look. OR maybe someone knows the original owner and could give more background on the car. It has some aftermarket rims on it, tint, and a spoiler. Has anyone seen this GS 350 before? Anyone in Tulsa want to go check it out? If I come buy it, I'll treat you to dinner for your troubles.
I would question the price as many people can get these for low $30K I'm sure the car was taken in for less than that maybe $28K I would try for a lower price.
Old 12-08-16, 04:46 AM
Dave144239
Instructor

Thanks Dave,

From what I can find - it seems like a pretty good deal to me too. I am down south, so I don't need the cold weather package or AWD. I found a 2014 AWD luxury and levinson in VA, and it is completely loaded with heads up display as well as the laser cruise and PCS, but they are asking 35800 for it. I was considering it, but I don't need the AWD and how much extra is heads up display and laser cruise really worth to me? $1000 extra maybe? I doubt I can get them down to 30k on it when they are asking 35,800 anyway.
Yeah, I figured you didn't need all the cold weather stuff where you live. I would concentrate on the options you really want. The Luxury Package is a must for me. I like the 18-way driver's seat and the semi-aniline leather upgrade that you get with the LP. Mark Levinson would be nice, and where I live, I would want the cold weather package with heated steering wheel. The other stuff would be nice to have, but I would definitely be more concerned with price, condition, and mileage.

Here's a list of all the Luxury Package cars I found when I was looking in October. This is sorted by year/price.
Old 12-08-16, 05:47 AM
GS1day
Driver

Thank you for the links - but I couldn't find any with the luxury package and mark levinson

Originally Posted by shurik74
OP.... There is no VIN# stickers on the hood or fenders exist on Lexus GS. Also, from what I see, parking sensors might be 1/4" pushed in due to detailing or re-painting bumper, there are very flimsy parking sensor brackets on the back side of bumper that could just got broken or sensor just need to be pushed back into place. Anyway, I didn't find anything suspicious with GS. If you get a price down pretty good it worth it to drive yourself or as someone here suggested a third party inspection. It's very hard to guess based on pictures.
Hmm- I found a post from another thread saying the VIN tags should be there - are you for sure? this is the info I sent him to look for the VIN tags:
VIN tags are visible in the following locations:

front fenders (roll back weatherstripping on each side near center of engine bay)
hood (center near leading edge)
front door (open door and look on edge)
rear door (open door and look on edge)
rear fenders (need to remove access panel in trunk)

pics of above locations

http://imgur.com/a/ay673

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I would question the price as many people can get these for low $30K I'm sure the car was taken in for less than that maybe $28K I would try for a lower price.
I know a base 2015 can go for low 30K, but I can't find one with the luxury package and levinson for that price, unless I go down in year. The one in Lafayette is a 2014 for 30K on the nose. Do you think that one is priced high?

Originally Posted by Dave144239
Yeah, I figured you didn't need all the cold weather stuff where you live. I would concentrate on the options you really want. The Luxury Package is a must for me. I like the 18-way driver's seat and the semi-aniline leather upgrade that you get with the LP. Mark Levinson would be nice, and where I live, I would want the cold weather package with heated steering wheel. The other stuff would be nice to have, but I would definitely be more concerned with price, condition, and mileage.

Here's a list of all the Luxury Package cars I found when I was looking in October. This is sorted by year/price.

Nice list Dave - I have not been so lucky in finding so many with the luxury package. How did you search for yours? For me, its come down to searching the country on autotrader and cargurus, and then scrolling through all the cars trying to find a GS with the split-spoke wheels. No one seems to list the cars as having the luxury package, except at a lexus dealership. I've also gone to almost every Lexus dealer site and looked at their used inventory. I can't find anything. What is you secret for finding so many? Also, if you have any of the info for those 2014+ ones with RWD, luxury, and levinson, would you mind passing them on to me in a PM? If those cars are still sitting there, they should be ready to dump them for cheap. (one can always hope)
Old 12-08-16, 06:13 AM
Dave144239
Instructor

Nice list Dave - I have not been so lucky in finding so many with the luxury package. How did you search for yours? For me, its come down to searching the country on autotrader and cargurus, and then scrolling through all the cars trying to find a GS with the split-spoke wheels. No one seems to list the cars as having the luxury package, except at a lexus dealership. I've also gone to almost every Lexus dealer site and looked at their used inventory. I can't find anything. What is you secret for finding so many? Also, if you have any of the info for those 2014+ ones with RWD, luxury, and levinson, would you mind passing them on to me in a PM? If those cars are still sitting there, they should be ready to dump them for cheap. (one can always hope)
The '14s are gone now - I had saved direct links to them, so I just checked to see if they were still around.

As for searching, I figured out that there was no point searching for the luxury package, as very few listings mention it properly. I set up searches on Cargurus.com and Autotrader.com, and then I looked at the pics. I found that the easiest way to search for the LP was to check the steering wheel (LP has wood), the door trim (LP has darker wood than non-LP cars) and the seat controls (LP has more buttons). Every time I found an LP car, I would just save it on Cargurus or Autotrader and add it to my spreadsheet with a link direct to the dealer's site. As you can see, I found plenty of LP cars within a couple of weeks.

I didn't buy one in the end. I'm only driving around 7500 miles a year right now, so I decided to just keep my current car for another five years, at which point it should have around 125k miles.
Old 12-08-16, 09:25 AM
GS1day
Driver

Originally Posted by Dave144239
The '14s are gone now - I had saved direct links to them, so I just checked to see if they were still around.

As for searching, I figured out that there was no point searching for the luxury package, as very few listings mention it properly. I set up searches on Cargurus.com and Autotrader.com, and then I looked at the pics. I found that the easiest way to search for the LP was to check the steering wheel (LP has wood), the door trim (LP has darker wood than non-LP cars) and the seat controls (LP has more buttons). Every time I found an LP car, I would just save it on Cargurus or Autotrader and add it to my spreadsheet with a link direct to the dealer's site. As you can see, I found plenty of LP cars within a couple of weeks.

I didn't buy one in the end. I'm only driving around 7500 miles a year right now, so I decided to just keep my current car for another five years, at which point it should have around 125k miles.
Thanks for checking those old links for me. I'm tempted to go with the one in Lafayette. They told me they have 29000 in the car, and will go as low as 29500, down from 30,335 (which is down from their old price of 35400. Sub 30K and only 25K miles is a pretty good deal for that car. In my mind the perfect one would be the same price, but with laser cruise and heads up display. I don't need those features - they are cool, and neat, but not necessary......btw - I'm driving a 1998 GS400 with 299,675 miles on it. It runs like a top, and I love the car - but its time for a change.....to another GS
Old 12-08-16, 01:37 PM
Dave144239
Instructor

Thanks for checking those old links for me. I'm tempted to go with the one in Lafayette. They told me they have 29000 in the car, and will go as low as 29500, down from 30,335 (which is down from their old price of 35400. Sub 30K and only 25K miles is a pretty good deal for that car. In my mind the perfect one would be the same price, but with laser cruise and heads up display. I don't need those features - they are cool, and neat, but not necessary......btw - I'm driving a 1998 GS400 with 299,675 miles on it. It runs like a top, and I love the car - but its time for a change.....to another GS
That sounds like a good deal.

A '98 with 300k miles? That's awesome! I haven't gotten any of my cars past 138k yet.