SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

side marker light replacements with led 04 sc430?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-17, 02:15 PM
foreste1
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default side marker light replacements with led 04 sc430?

I have one front side marker out and one rear side marker out. I see other threads on how to get to the rear one but how do I get to the front one? Also I want to order a correct LED bulb for all of them so I dont need to ever replace again, what bulb exactly will work and is a good one?
Last I have a (not sure what to call it) but another parking light inside the front headlight out, how do you get to that one and what bulb is it?
Thanks!
Old 01-19-17, 02:58 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

Here are two links with the bulb sizes listed:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ighting-2.html
Post # 6

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...ighting-2.html
Post # 25 & 26
The following users liked this post:
foreste1 (01-19-17)
Old 01-19-17, 03:30 PM
foreste1
Pit Crew

Thank you, I see they are all talking about interior lights I think. I am after the exterior side markers and headlight marker light. I found they are 168, so going to go see locally what I can find in Philips or Sylvania.
Old 01-19-17, 03:31 PM
foreste1
Pit Crew

Has anybody used these?

Sylvania ZEVO - Side Marker Light Bulb

Line: SYL Part # 168LEDBP
Old 01-19-17, 03:40 PM
foreste1
Pit Crew

I just looked at the marker lights, I think I can get those changed but no clue how to get to the actual headlight marker bulb that is inside headlight housing and on the very end, its a longer skinny/tall light if that makes sense.
Old 01-19-17, 04:15 PM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

I assume you're talking about this bulb. If so, I say way better to take out the entire headlight to change it.
Attached Thumbnails side marker light replacements with led 04 sc430?-image.jpeg  
The following users liked this post:
foreste1 (01-20-17)
Old 01-19-17, 04:23 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Check out this post for the "parking light"
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...ight-bulb.html
Old 01-19-17, 04:35 PM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Harold57
Check out this post for the "parking light"
thanks Harold, I was thinking it was the light that was getting dropped inside.

i wish all headlight assemblies were as easy to remove and install as my Land Rover. It can be done in less than a minute, and that includes having to remove the grill.
Attached Thumbnails side marker light replacements with led 04 sc430?-image.jpeg  

Last edited by Coleroad; 01-19-17 at 04:44 PM.
Old 01-19-17, 09:27 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by foreste1
I just looked at the marker lights, I think I can get those changed but no clue how to get to the actual headlight marker bulb that is inside headlight housing and on the very end, its a longer skinny/tall light if that makes sense.
....the rear markers will require you to partially remove the rear wheel inner fender liner & also the tire, to gain access to those bulbs. The front markers can be done the same way or removing the splash cover (underneath) & getting to the bulb from under the car. The bulb in the headlight will require you to take the headlight out
Old 01-20-17, 07:33 AM
foreste1
Pit Crew

Thanks guys, I ordered the philips 6000 leds, so will change this weekend. I had read all of those older threads but dont see one where they show how to remove headlight to replace that parking bulb. I then see others that say just move the inner fender well and reach in, so not sure which way to go. If I remove headlight, does anybody have the steps?

Philips 127916000KB2 Vision LED Car Lamp

Old 01-20-17, 11:11 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Seems like someone included instructions when they blacked out (or tinted or something to the background) their headlights a few years ago. I just don't remember who or when.
Old 01-20-17, 06:22 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts

...you might try searching front bumper cover removal.....the steps used in this procedure will get you to the headlights, then removal of headlights are easy. If you look at the pic I posted, the bulb that is circled, is the bulb that you're asking about & it twist inside the headlight housing. This pic is a test fitting for the new bumper I added,so no headlights were installed yet, but was testing all the bulb connections
Old 01-21-17, 09:05 AM
foreste1
Pit Crew

Thank you, was really hoping to hear I can reach from inside fender well since I am changing side marker lights as well.
Old 01-21-17, 10:06 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

I have changed my side markers to clear and then to black and back and forth. I actually have two sets and I always access them through the wheel wheels. I have never had to drop the bumper for this swap.

As for the parking lamp bulb, I have changed mine to LEDs. I accessed them through the wheel wells, with the tires turned all the way to the opposite direction of the side I was currently working. It's a bit of a squeeze (esp with 20" wheels), but do-able. The parking lamp actually has three pieces: the bulb, a long plastic white "handle," and a shorter white plastic"boot" that slides onto the handle. The power/ground wire runs on the outside of the boot and handle. Start by removing the boot from the handle, by pulling the boot straight backwards toward the rear of the car. It will separate, leaving the bulb and handle still locked into the lamp housing. Then twist the handle and bulb apparatus as one unit. Then you can change the bulb and replace in the reverse order. PLEASE make sure to seat the LED bulb properly into the bulb holder! One time I did not seat it properly, and the bulb fell into the actual lamp housing. It was a nightmare! But after rigging up a skinny vacuum hose to a car wash power vac, and literally banging the headlight to make the bulb "jump," the vacuum removed it from the headlight housing. What an awful day that was.

On a side note, had a bulb fall into my sister's Rav4 reverse tail light while upgrading her to LEDs in the same manner as my SC430 parking lamp. Tried the same method that worked for me previously as with the SC. Didn't work out that great and put a small hairline crack in her tail light. Got the bulb out and changed but can't do much about the crack at this time. You've been warned!

Last edited by ShawnOk; 01-21-17 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-21-17, 11:21 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 885 Likes on 709 Posts

I have had this tool for years and it has saved me many times...a agent on a stick is also a must...
https://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Claw.../dp/B000RB7AGY
https://www.amazon.com/SE-8036TM-NEW...s=Magnet+stick

Quick Reply: side marker light replacements with led 04 sc430?