CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New CL Vendor Carbon fiber lovers.. allow me to (re)introduce myself

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-17, 07:22 AM
MAizzRunner
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Carbon fiber lovers.. allow me to (re)introduce myself

Opening a new thread under my new account to re-introduce myself to the community. Previously I had posted under my member username (MAizz) offering carbon fiber skinning services to other 2IS members.. long story short, I needed to be a vendor to do this...

...so this is my vendor account for which I will be able to offer these services and sell products on ClubLexus! I will do my best to keep these accounts separate and imagine I will be doing more activity from this account. I will post some items for sale in the vendor section as they become available.

About me: I am a 2IS (350 AWD) owner, active on the 2IS forum, who got very addicted to carbon fiber. I make everything that you see on my car by myself and truly enjoy the long process and amount of work that goes into it. I am running out of places to put it on my car, and thus, would like to make things for yours. I am very familiar with the 2IS platform and can use my car to test fit and ensure quality pieces. There are no other people involved in the process and I try to make it as personal as possible.

I know there had been a lot of interest in a few items: steering wheel controls in silver weave, rear seat tray, shift *****, and fog light covers to name a few. I will post a few pictures for demo purposes, but if you have something in mind, don't hesitate to contact me.

Some pictures of past work for reference...
*Steering wheel from DCTMS

Last edited by MAizzRunner; 01-23-17 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Added product photos
The following 2 users liked this post by MAizzRunner:
JPxMODz (04-17-17), Rossi (04-15-17)
Old 01-24-17, 05:36 PM
Sameer89
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very interested in the silver steering wheel controls and rear console. May you PM me pricing on these items?
Old 01-25-17, 03:39 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome! I think it would be nice if you could post some pricing examples. Not saying you need to put up prices for everything you make, but for some of the higher demand pieces (such as the rear middle console) would be nice.

I have seen vendors on other forums offer these same services and it always seems that the price dictates the sucess or failure of that particular vendor. Also, the vendor always says, "there is so much time and effort involved, and therefore its priced accordingly". I get that, but thats not going to make the average person spend $2,000 on a door handle!

sorry for the little rant, I wish you the best of luck in your business venture.
Old 01-25-17, 03:52 PM
DjMarkOne
Rookie

How much for a full set of black cf trim pieces including the rear middle console for an 08 isf?
Old 01-25-17, 07:50 PM
MAizzRunner
Former Sponsor

Thank you for the interest and feedback. I began this craft because of the ridiculous prices I myself have paid for these items, only to not be satisfied with the quality. What makes my service different from others is the cost will be lower, the trade off is my turnover may be slightly slower (this is not my full time job).

The two big items that seem to have generated the most interest are the rear tray and steering
wheel covers.
ISF Rear tray: $400, $150 reimbursed for your core exchange
Steering wheel covers: $225, $50 reimbursed for your core exchange

No difference in pricing for silver or black, no additional cost for shipping. The reimbursement is dictated by cost to replace. If you send me your cores to wrap, refer to the lower price. I currently have 2 sets of steering wheel covers and 2 rear trays, please be patient regarding turnaround time.

Pictured: CL member "robtown" with steering wheel covers installed on ISF
Old 01-25-17, 08:06 PM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

do you or can you wrap exterior mirrors?
Old 01-25-17, 08:13 PM
MAizzRunner
Former Sponsor

All PM's replied. I will be creating a list (not publicly posted) for rear trays and steering wheel controls, please state that you would like to be added via PM, I will confirm with you.

Originally Posted by mindcrime
do you or can you wrap exterior mirrors?
I have not to date, I don't see why I couldn't. I do not have any spare mirror covers, however.
Old 01-26-17, 12:58 AM
ROYALISF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

PM sent your way
Old 01-26-17, 07:02 AM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MAizzRunner
All PM's replied. I will be creating a list (not publicly posted) for rear trays and steering wheel controls, please state that you would like to be added via PM, I will confirm with you.

I have not to date, I don't see why I couldn't. I do not have any spare mirror covers, however.
it's not for the F. it's some aftermarket for another car. i could send you pictures of the mirrors though
Old 01-26-17, 07:30 AM
MAizzRunner
Former Sponsor

All PM's replied. I have created a list several items on a first-come basis. Note: if you send your part the waiting list will not apply.
Old 01-29-17, 07:24 PM
robtown
Rookie

Thanks for the steering wheel covers Adam and I'm looking forward to the rear tray.

Here's a closer image of the steering wheel controls. The pattern and direction on the Silver CF matches the stock trim quite well.

Install is very simple. I followed the Sewell steering wheel replacement video to simply remove the side covers and 2 T-30 torx screws then moved the airbag out of the way. Then 2 Phillips head to remove the steering wheel controls. Finally remove the 3 small Phillips head screws on the back and swap the covers. Be careful with this part as the circuit board is now loose. I found it easiest to hold the control module with the buttons facing up then pull up the old cover and slide the new one on. Hold in place with one hand and install the screws with the other. Reinstall the rest.

Difficulty rating - very easy
Time - 10, 15 minutes at most the first time.

The following users liked this post:
Rossi (03-03-17)
Old 02-19-17, 04:07 PM
redcrxsi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about interior pieces, ie replace silver with black?
Old 02-19-17, 04:32 PM
MAizzRunner
Former Sponsor

Assuming the core pieces are provided it can be done.. I have made several sets thus far, a 2IS member should be posting pictures up soon of the most recent set

Old 02-19-17, 05:33 PM
redcrxsi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by MAizzRunner
Assuming the core pieces are provided it can be done.. I have made several sets thus far, a 2IS member should be posting pictures up soon of the most recent set

Those look amazing!

Although it seems like a waste to burn my silver ones as cores and I haven't had too much luck finding a cheep set. I'll look harder now that I know of a good source to do the CF part.
Old 02-19-17, 06:57 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,969 Likes on 2,403 Posts

There are parts available for 2IS models in a simple black finish with pretty low pricing. I would look there first for something to be reworked instead of sacrificing perfectly good Texalium parts.

Quick Reply: New CL Vendor Carbon fiber lovers.. allow me to (re)introduce myself