Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-17, 09:42 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by MasonGrey
We've talked about this a few pages back; its expensive because it's a dyno tune + TCU tune if/when it happens. I agree $1300 is a lot. The best solution I can think of is to message him and tell him that it's too expensive; if enough people tell him they want the tune but don't want to spend 1300, I don't see why he wouldn't reduce the price.

Supposedly the "beta" revision is coming, but Matt and Bill are still figuring out what all the tables do.
I live in Dubai so Dyno is not an option for me, and to pay 1300$ for a remote tune when I got my Evo tuned remotely for 300$ by one of the best Evo tuners now that's reasonable

If they are willing to use me as a lab rat and discount the price am ALL IN like RIGHT NOW please do pass the message
Old 03-14-17, 09:57 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
Careful there

Even with OVtune priced at 1300$ that's just ridiculously priced am sorry not many can afford that much, I mean I understand they want to milk it since its a niche area but there is a fine line between milking it and not making any sales
We've talked about this a few pages back; its expensive because it's a dyno tune + TCU tune if/when it happens. I agree $1300 is a lot. The best solution I can think of is to message him and tell him that it's too expensive; if enough people tell him they want the tune but don't want to spend 1300, I don't see why he wouldn't reduce the price.

Supposedly the "beta" revision is coming, but Matt and Bill are still figuring out what all the tables do.
The prices on ECU tunes would be high since these companies spend a lot of time on R&D, but honestly $1300 is a bit too steep. APR sells their reflash tune for VW/AUDI for $699 but then again the demand for their product is a lot higher, but like you said if there's enough interest i'm sure they can work out better pricing. TTi quoted me $989.99 for their stage 1 tune and their downpipe prices as follows.

$649.99 for this smooth style downpipe.

$799.99 for this vortex downpipe

Last edited by DaveGS4; 03-15-17 at 08:22 PM. Reason: check pm
Old 03-14-17, 01:33 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Where exactly can you find this smooth style downpipe? Is this another down pipe from the same company, TTI motorsports? I'm looking to purchase one as soon as its available in the USA.

Originally Posted by Sheddy
The prices on ECU tunes would be high since these companies spend a lot of time on R&D, but honestly $1300 is a bit too steep. APR sells their reflash tune for VW/AUDI for $699 but then again the demand for their product is a lot higher, but like you said if there's enough interest i'm sure they can work out better pricing. TTi quoted me $989.99 for their stage 1 tune and their downpipe prices as follows.

$649.99 for this smooth style downpipe.

$799.99 for this vortex downpipe

Last edited by DaveGS4; 03-15-17 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-14-17, 09:34 PM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Not dissuading you from buying it, but I would concerned with overboosting. Without a retune, it could cause damage to the engine.
Old 03-15-17, 06:25 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
Where exactly can you find this smooth style downpipe? Is this another down pipe from the same company, TTI motorsports? I'm looking to purchase one as soon as its available in the USA.
I'll try and get that information for you ; and yes they are both from TTI.

Not dissuading you from buying it, but I would concerned with overboosting. Without a retune, it could cause damage to the engine.
The only issue i see with the downpipe is a potential CEL without a tune since its decat. I think an O2 sensor spacer might resolve this problem.
Old 03-15-17, 06:33 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Old 03-15-17, 11:44 PM
slickster9
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

has anyone tried this product in order to alleviate the delay in throttle response?

https://www.amazon.com/Pedal-Commander-throttle-response-controller/dp/B00O82BY9C/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Lexus%7C75&Model=IS200t%7C25106&Year=2016%7C2016&ie=UTF8&n=15684181&newVehicle=1&s=automotive&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive https://www.amazon.com/Pedal-Commander-throttle-response-controller/dp/B00O82BY9C/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Lexus%7C75&Model=IS200t%7C25106&Year=2016%7C2016&ie=UTF8&n=15684181&newVehicle=1&s=automotive&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive

ELIMINATE RESPONSE DELAYS in your Lexus’ acceleration
  • EASY plug-&-play installation that DOES NOT void your warranty
  • 4 adjustable modes: Eco, City, Sport, Sport+
  • Improve FUEL ECONOMY up to 20% in your Lexus with ECO mode
  • 100% money back GUARANTEE within 30 days if you’re not completely satisfied ----- After purchasing, please send us a message with the year, model and engine size of your vehicle
Old 03-16-17, 12:07 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by slickster9
has anyone tried this product in order to alleviate the delay in throttle response?

https://www.amazon.com/Pedal-Command...ype=automotive

ELIMINATE RESPONSE DELAYS in your Lexus’ acceleration
  • EASY plug-&-play installation that DOES NOT void your warranty
  • 4 adjustable modes: Eco, City, Sport, Sport+
  • Improve FUEL ECONOMY up to 20% in your Lexus with ECO mode
  • 100% money back GUARANTEE within 30 days if you’re not completely satisfied ----- After purchasing, please send us a message with the year, model and engine size of your vehicle
Hey Slickster,

I didn't try this exact product but ECT was discussed earlier in this same topic, you can see the below qoute

Originally Posted by Nuke
Hey buddy, I just I wanted t reply to this point as I just noticed it.

From experience ETC (Electronic throttle controller) is very useless in the Lexus or actually 99% of the cars, why? well the answer is simple the throttle limitation is from the ECU programming and what the ECT does is simple send amped signal to the ECU about the throttle position, example if you are pushing the pedal at 20% the ECT will send the signal of 40% (or whatever aggressive settings you set) so logically it is it is like you pushing the pedal further but you are not eliminating the ECT limitation which is by software design, and only thing that can remove that is ECU tuning.

Advise for all of you, if you haven't invested in this "upgrade" please don't waste your money, and I say this with all due respect for the brands
Old 03-16-17, 05:00 AM
slickster9
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

my apologies Nuke, I missed that convo. thanks for the heads up on the ECT and uselessness. will try to be more aware of the posts/previous conversations.
Old 03-17-17, 08:03 AM
cbus
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Buying the OVTuned ECU/TCU flash when it's ready (and the 93 octane variant is available). I can't wait- it's going to transform the car. Really more concerned with the driveability improvements than the numbers.

To people whining about the cost: it's for ECU and TCU. And they use your data logs to do fine tuning for you. And this is the first of its kind. And it costs money to do R&D. And this is a new platform. And you drive a $40K+ car.

Last edited by cbus; 03-17-17 at 08:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (03-17-17)
Old 03-17-17, 09:01 AM
zcon
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Awesome news that you are going to try the OV tune. I really think the OV has some solid potential. Did they say anything about e85? I saw on their Facebook they just released a E85 tune for the 3is 350.
According to their site
You can expect on a 100% stock vehicle with 91 octane
30-40 Horsepower / 45-60+ ft lbs (higher with 93 is possible)
Our tune eliminates mid-range throttle reduction. The stock ECU limits throttle from 2000 RPM to 4000 RPM to 30% to create a "flat" torque curve. But in reality all it creates is less power!. Our tune allows for FULL THROTTLE EVERY TIME!
I can imagine that with out even tuning the car, allowing 100% throttle from 2k-4k would substantially change the car. Now add that with a refined TCU and a solid ECU tune it would change the car completely. Even if those numbers are bhp increase that is awesome and 93/e85 would net even larger gains. I am definitely excited about this tuning solution with some bolt-ons. It definitely is a hefty price to pay for a mod, but if the results back up what they claim its probably worth every penny. I just wish they would post the results of their dyno testing. Also if they give us the software and the cable are we able to tune it on our end or take it to a local tuner to dial it in on the dyno?

Last edited by zcon; 03-17-17 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-17-17, 09:29 AM
cbus
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by zcon
Awesome news that you are going to try the OV tune. I really think the OV has some solid potential. Did they say anything about e85? I saw on their Facebook they just released a E85 tune for the 3is 350.
According to their site

I can imagine that with out even tuning the car, allowing 100% throttle from 2k-4k would substantially change the car. Now add that with a refined TCU and a solid ECU tune it would change the car completely. Even if those numbers are bhp increase that is awesome and 93/e85 would net even larger gains. I am definitely excited about this tuning solution with some bolt-ons. It definitely is a hefty price to pay for a mod, but if the results back up what they claim its probably worth every penny. I just wish they would post the results of their dyno testing. Also if they give us the software and the cable are we able to tune it on our end or take it to a local tuner to dial it in on the dyno?
I imagine there will be a provision for E85 in the future, but I bet they're going to push the 91 and 93 tunes first, since more people run that fuel than E85.

Another hope I have for this tune is the continued support and fine tuning for when you change hard parts. (like installing a downpipe, for example)

As far as the user or another tuner being able to change things using the cable/tuner box, I don't know. I imagine it isn't possible for someone without the right software.
Old 03-17-17, 10:24 AM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by cbus
I imagine there will be a provision for E85 in the future, but I bet they're going to push the 91 and 93 tunes first, since more people run that fuel than E85.

Another hope I have for this tune is the continued support and fine tuning for when you change hard parts. (like installing a downpipe, for example)

As far as the user or another tuner being able to change things using the cable/tuner box, I don't know. I imagine it isn't possible for someone without the right software.
Bill from Delicious who is co-developing the tune with OV is really excited to do E85 on the engine. Supposedly, it already comes with a HPFP so E85 isn't an upgrade that takes a lot of work.
Old 03-17-17, 11:53 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Bill from Delicious who is co-developing the tune with OV is really excited to do E85 on the engine. Supposedly, it already comes with a HPFP so E85 isn't an upgrade that takes a lot of work.
Nice! Awaiting their results

Last edited by Sheddy; 03-17-17 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-17-17, 12:11 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by zcon
According to their site

I agree it is a hefty price for a mod but indeed ifbacked up with solid results then it would be worth it.....cant wait and its taking too long

Quick Reply: IS200t tune