Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-17, 03:48 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,619 Posts

curious to see what the dyno will look like between stock vs. BMS vs. TTI =)
Old 04-06-17, 05:40 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
curious to see what the dyno will look like between stock vs. BMS vs. TTI =)
Yea I'll take it to the dyno soon
Old 04-06-17, 10:42 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by gbgary
dang it! i wish this came with a programmer. you could go from stock to stage 1 and back to stock in 10 minutes or less.
I asked Tony about this and he said we can restock it as they pull the stock map before tuning anyways, but i think its a little longer than 10mins

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Yea I'll take it to the dyno soon
Use Dynojet so that I can put stage 2 next to ur charts next week
Old 04-06-17, 11:49 PM
Is200tnc
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

What happens if the dealer has an update for your ecu while it is in for service? Will you loose the tune that you have? If so how would you get the tune back on the car since the tools needed are rented and not bought? Same thing with going back stock....if you don't have the tools will tti loan them to you again to do an update or reflash?
Old 04-07-17, 12:33 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Is200tnc
What happens if the dealer has an update for your ecu while it is in for service? Will you loose the tune that you have? If so how would you get the tune back on the car since the tools needed are rented and not bought? Same thing with going back stock....if you don't have the tools will tti loan them to you again to do an update or reflash?
good question, first of I don't think dealers go through the trouble of updating the ROM unless there is a serious problem with the current and thats very unlikely since our rom is out from 4 years already (Same as the NX), however on the remote chance that they do that yes that means u will lose your tune and the only way to put it back is to either get back from TTi or buy your own tools from them ( cost of the tool is the deposite amount) and then put back ur tune, but that would put back the older version of the ECU ROM, you would still need TTi's help if u want the maps to be updated on the new ROM

i hope thats clear and not very confusing
The following users liked this post:
Pacific13 (04-07-17)
Old 04-07-17, 05:07 AM
zcon
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I am excited to see the dyno from sheddy also, mainly because the TTI tune and dynos they released seem to have a different shape and character than the stock dynos and how the stock car feels. It just moves the TQ so far over to the right and I have been wondering if it was actually a change or just the dyno they use or some other circumstance.
Old 04-07-17, 05:55 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zcon
I am excited to see the dyno from sheddy also, mainly because the TTI tune and dynos they released seem to have a different shape and character than the stock dynos and how the stock car feels. It just moves the TQ so far over to the right and I have been wondering if it was actually a change or just the dyno they use or some other circumstance.
From my driving experience i would agree that the torque does come in later on the powerband versus the piggyback, but car really gets up and go after 3500 RPM all the way to redline. I know that i wouldn't make more torque than the BMS tune but WHP definitely increased!
Old 04-07-17, 06:26 AM
cbus
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

@Sheddy,

Is your redline higher? Can't recall if that's part of TTI's change points.
Old 04-07-17, 06:50 AM
zcon
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah I believe I read somewhere that tti said they limited the tq to preserve fuel economy and longevity. I think they said there is alot more left in the tune but this was the best balance.
Old 04-07-17, 07:06 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cbus
@Sheddy,

Is your redline higher? Can't recall if that's part of TTI's change points.
No, because the power dies out around 6000 RPM so there's no benefit to a higher limit on this motor.

Originally Posted by zcon
Yeah I believe I read somewhere that tti said they limited the tq to preserve fuel economy and longevity. I think they said there is alot more left in the tune but this was the best balance.
That is correct. TTI made 40+ hp on a tune with higher boost levels but Tony felt that it wasn't balanced.

STAGE 1 tune (Official release)

STAGE 1 w/ Higher boost levels
Old 04-07-17, 07:19 AM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
I asked Tony about this and he said we can restock it as they pull the stock map before tuning anyways, but i think its a little longer than 10mins
not really following you but no biggie. my 10 minute comment is from my experience with the programmer/tune I had with my Lightning.
Old 04-07-17, 07:32 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gbgary
not really following you but no biggie. my 10 minute comment is from my experience with the programmer/tune I had with my Lightning.
The reading/writing of the file takes about 10 minutes each, but it takes a couple hours for the tuned file to be returned to you since they have to make adjustments and also the time difference since they are in Taiwan. Between the reading and writing time period there is no down time.
Old 04-07-17, 08:31 AM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

The reading/writing of the file takes about 10 minutes each, but it takes a couple hours for the tuned file to be returned to you since they have to make adjustments and also the time difference since they are in Taiwan. Between the reading and writing time period there is no down time.
oh...i gotcha. thx!
Old 04-07-17, 11:06 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

No, because the power dies out around 6000 RPM so there's no benefit to a higher limit on this motor.

That is correct. TTI made 40+ hp on a tune with higher boost levels but Tony felt that it wasn't balanced.

STAGE 1 tune (Official release)

STAGE 1 w/ Higher boost levels
Higher boost? Cqn we run this?
Old 04-07-17, 11:36 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nuke
Higher boost? Can we run this?
It is not recommended by Tony to run that high boost level plus they were not able to test temperature,reliability and fuel efficiency.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune