CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product New RR Racing Road & Track Coilovers!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-17, 12:25 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,399 Likes on 642 Posts
Default New RR Racing Road & Track Coilovers!

Hi All,

We have been selling our Penske Coilovers for quite some time now with really good feedback and results, but realize that spending nearly $4k isn't easy! So we basically took all the development and key features from our Penske line, and developed a more low cost solution based on Afco Racing shocks, custom valved and tailored to our requirements.

Product Page: https://www.rr-racing.com/RR-Racing-Road-Track-Coilover-Suspension-for-ISF-p/isffsu0001.htm

Features and Specs:
  • Afco Racing Shocks custom valved to our track tested specifications. Almost 20lbs weight savings over OEM components.
  • Hypercoil or Eibach ERS main and helper springs with Afco polymer couplers. Custom spring rates available. Hypercoil springs are US made, extremely high quality (tested within 2% spring rate), and found in virtually every form of racing, including IndyCar and NASCAR.
  • Rather than reuse OEM upper mounts, we designed our own upper spherical bearing aluminum top plates, featuring modular & rebuildable design for easy servicing. The other advantage of our upper mounts is that the spring perch is divorced from the spring, which allows completely linear spring motion and significant reduction in bending loads on the shock absorber (vs. KW, Ohlins, and other non-divorced setups).
  • Hypercoil or Eibach ERS main and helper springs with Afco polymer couplers and Delrin isolators on top and bottom perches. Custom spring rates available. Hypercoil springs are US made, extremely high quality (tested within 2% spring rate), and found in virtually every form of racing, including IndyCar and NASCAR.
  • Shocks are fully rebuildable. We offer a low cost in-house rebuild service. Rebuild is not required, but in order to retain the full performance of the shocks, we recommend servicing every 2 years.
  • Standard Spring rates (custom rates available upon request):
    • 900lbs(16kg) Front & 800lbs(14kg) Rear – Standard Road&Track setup
    • 1000lbs (18kg) Front & 900lbs(16kg) Rear – Aggressive Road&Track setup, for those using R-comp tires or slicks. Still very streetable
    • Every shock is hand made and 100% Made in USA.
  • After placing an order, we offer a 1-on-1 consultation in order to determine the best shock and spring specifications for your needs.

We highly recommend to install our Ultimate Steering Response Product (USRS) in conjunction with this suspension to improve your steering response (offered as an option to this product).
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 04-07-17, 01:15 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Wow nice work, so stoked to see so many new options for the F lately
Old 04-07-17, 01:33 PM
3nergiz3d
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Wow nice work, so stoked to see so many new options for the F lately
I agree. Nice to see a vendor who manufactures products in USA and support with quick turn-around time.
Old 04-07-17, 02:07 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

If I didn't already have Ohlins, I'd be all over these.

Afco makes great stuff. Are the dampers adjustable for both compression & rebound?
Old 04-07-17, 03:59 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by tas02
If I didn't already have Ohlins, I'd be all over these.

Afco makes great stuff. Are the dampers adjustable for both compression & rebound?
Compresssion is fixed, but rebound is adjustable. Rebound affects ride more than compression. In any case, you can really dial these in well, the range of adjustability really allows you to soften it up without getting bounce.

Rafi

Old 04-08-17, 11:52 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Interested in these for sure Rafi.

Given the majority of my time will be road use (odd trackday maybe a trip to Germany to do the Nurburgring), would these be a good option for me do you think?

I know you're not a big fan of my BC BR's with the Swift spring upgrade!

Like the blue, just a shame you'll hardly ever see it once they are installed! (Like my PPE headers!).

PM or email me if you prefer?

Cheers.

Peter
Old 04-09-17, 06:42 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Interested in these for sure Rafi.

Given the majority of my time will be road use (odd trackday maybe a trip to Germany to do the Nurburgring), would these be a good option for me do you think?

I know you're not a big fan of my BC BR's with the Swift spring upgrade!

Like the blue, just a shame you'll hardly ever see it once they are installed! (Like my PPE headers!).

PM or email me if you prefer?

Cheers.

Peter
Yeah, cheap parts from Korea/China/etc dumped into the USA (or UK for that matter)) is a pet peeve of mine. Although the price is tempting, the quality and support is lacking, and when companies dump cheap stuff here, it simply discourages development of newer and better products by putting reputable local companies out of business.

Anyway, send us an email and we'll hook you up!

thanks,

Rafi

Old 04-10-17, 11:28 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks Rafi.

Will email you as soon as I'm in a position to snap these up!
Old 07-07-17, 07:58 PM
Eedo123
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Rafi,

These coilovers look great, I want to get them for my 2012 IS-F. I was hoping you could help answer a question about these coilovers if possible; will these new coilovers reduce the amount of hop/jump that occurs when the car takes a corner with speed, compared to the stock suspension? I notice that with the stock suspension, the car hops and jumps over bumpy roads and it is very unsettling, and probably my biggest gripe with the performance of the car. I want to have a suspension that works well on roads, even if it means sacrificing a bit of performance on the track.
Old 07-10-17, 05:04 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Eedo123
Hey Rafi,

These coilovers look great, I want to get them for my 2012 IS-F. I was hoping you could help answer a question about these coilovers if possible; will these new coilovers reduce the amount of hop/jump that occurs when the car takes a corner with speed, compared to the stock suspension? I notice that with the stock suspension, the car hops and jumps over bumpy roads and it is very unsettling, and probably my biggest gripe with the performance of the car. I want to have a suspension that works well on roads, even if it means sacrificing a bit of performance on the track.
Hi... if by "hop" you mean that your tires seem to be loosing contact with the road, then yes, the new suspension will feel firm, but very planted. Our first customer install was on a low mileage ISF with stock suspension running on Swift lowering springs. That bounce on that car was literally scary on high speed bumps!

Rafi

Old 06-08-20, 12:51 AM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Noticed you guys released a V2 version. Biggest difference appears to be a change in shock manufacturer and no longer includes helper springs which I'm assuming is the driving reason behind the lower price compared to V1. Was there anything else that changed and can you guys comment on the performance difference between V1 vs. V2?
The following users liked this post:
Maxisf (03-26-21)