Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

OVTuning Hand held tuner

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-17, 07:53 PM
B00M3R
Driver

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by tlts82
B00M3R,

Anymore feed back? I'm still waiting never got a reply since the last time I emailed OVT.
Sorry I have been out of town but still havent gotten an update and its not working for me still. Getting pretty upset after a month of having it and it not working.
any updates for yours yet?
Old 04-01-17, 06:46 PM
GK1707
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would this tuner also be able to block CELs permanently for inspection?
Old 04-02-17, 09:29 AM
belac
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So it sounds like they have developed options for the 2IS transmission.
Anyone know when those will be available?

On their website it has the 3IS stage 2 with transmission tune, but still only Stage 1 for the 2IS.
Old 04-06-17, 04:07 PM
edhohoho
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GK1707
Would this tuner also be able to block CELs permanently for inspection?
If it's anything like the DimSport handheld, the thing only reads, uploads and downloads ECU tunes. Per the instructions from DimSport you have to make sure to re-upload the stock tune before factory service or else the performance tune may be permanently overwritten and you need to pay for a new tune file. But somehow for the OrangeVirus tune, he said there is no need to change back to the stock file prior to factory service. Does anyone know this for sure?

Originally Posted by belac
So it sounds like they have developed options for the 2IS transmission.
Anyone know when those will be available?

On their website it has the 3IS stage 2 with transmission tune, but still only Stage 1 for the 2IS.
I saw the same thing and asked about whether the same option is available for the 2IS but he said no. He said that he can alter the shift control maps but not the shift pressure maps. I'm not technically inclined so I can't exactly say I know what that means. Can anyone explain this?
Old 04-06-17, 06:24 PM
B00M3R
Driver

Originally Posted by edhohoho
If it's anything like the DimSport handheld, the thing only reads, uploads and downloads ECU tunes. Per the instructions from DimSport you have to make sure to re-upload the stock tune before factory service or else the performance tune may be permanently overwritten and you need to pay for a new tune file. But somehow for the OrangeVirus tune, he said there is no need to change back to the stock file prior to factory service. Does anyone know this for sure?

I saw the same thing and asked about whether the same option is available for the 2IS but he said no. He said that he can alter the shift control maps but not the shift pressure maps. I'm not technically inclined so I can't exactly say I know what that means. Can anyone explain this?
It means they can change the RPM that the car limits revs but they can not change how fast it shifts or when it shifts in manual mode.

I finally have an update on my Handheld tuner, It has finally after 36 days been added to the database so I can get it to connect to my ECU. I have finally read and uploaded my file to OV. I will update once I have my tunes.
it curently has a OV tune for 93 Octane and rev limited to 7200. I would love to have a stock tune and a more aggressive "race" tune for race gas as I have it available in my area.

Last edited by B00M3R; 04-06-17 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-07-17, 05:36 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 773 Likes on 675 Posts

Originally Posted by B00M3R
Sorry I have been out of town but still havent gotten an update and its not working for me still. Getting pretty upset after a month of having it and it not working.
any updates for yours yet?
No progress with mine still.
Old 04-07-17, 10:43 AM
B00M3R
Driver

No progress with mine still.
I would definitely give them another email, they are busy enough that if you don't bug em a couple times a week, it will be forgotten.
Old 04-07-17, 11:01 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

I would definitely give them another email, they are busy enough that if you don't bug em a couple times a week, it will be forgotten.
so your is ready to go? Did you receive and email it was ready?
Old 04-07-17, 11:24 AM
B00M3R
Driver

I bugged them a couple times a week for the whole month till they got it working. they thought they had it working about 3 times and it wasn't.
i got another email 2 night ago saying they thought they had it all fixed and to try it in the morning. It now reads my ecu.
Now I have to grab my tune data and email it to them, then they make the 5 tunes and email me back.
Old 04-07-17, 11:41 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

I bugged them a couple times a week for the whole month till they got it working. they thought they had it working about 3 times and it wasn't.
i got another email 2 night ago saying they thought they had it all fixed and to try it in the morning. It now reads my ecu.
Now I have to grab my tune data and email it to them, then they make the 5 tunes and email me back.
Sounds good. That you got yours working. I've contacted them many times also. I haven't received any emails that at least they are trying.

Mike
Old 04-09-17, 08:07 PM
B00M3R
Driver

Sounds good. That you got yours working. I've contacted them many times also. I haven't received any emails that at least they are trying.

Mike
One thing i would suggest is taking a picture of you ECU so they have all the info and emailing it to them with a note saying how long its been since you bought the product, this is what got mine working finally.
Old 04-10-17, 06:15 PM
my07is350
Pole Position

Hi B00M3R,
I'm in the process of getting it too. They sent me this email: "I would need to see the label on your ECU to know if it is already in your database or if sending it would be necessary" Do I have to completely remove it to have access to the label? It's the 2 10mm nuts right? Do I have to unplug all the connectors?
Thanks
Old 04-10-17, 09:15 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

You should be able to see it with out removing the 2 nuts. I took a picture this way. If you have an iPhone just focus it on the ECU number.

Last edited by MikeFig82; 04-10-17 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-10-17, 09:19 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

One thing i would suggest is taking a picture of you ECU so they have all the info and emailing it to them with a note saying how long its been since you bought the product, this is what got mine working finally.
I did that last Friday again. This time through the website contact box. Still no responses. Man this sucks lol I want my car to go from slow to super slow. Mostly if I can get some more torque out of the tune. It would be great.
Old 04-11-17, 05:40 AM
my07is350
Pole Position

Thanks tlts82. I'll do the way that you did, don't want to mess with all of those connectors and wires.

Quick Reply: OVTuning Hand held tuner