CL Vendor Products for RC-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the RC-F model from CL Vendors

RR Racing RCF Supercharger Kit Release and Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-17, 05:27 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

great post. one thing I'm very glad and was wrong about is the pricing to be the same as the ISF and RCF owners not getting shafted because of the value of the car. for weekend cars or cars that don't see many miles per year, it would be nice if those miles can be driven very hard with this supercharger without problems. some of us would take over 15s year to get to 100k miles..if that. i feel like this kit is a bargain if we are talking about power per dollar. does this car have long tube headers as well? if not, are we looking around near the same power without them?

so i see you have to cut the engine cover, front cover. any metal beams or supports have to be cut or modified like the ISF? any cutting to front bumper, fender liners, etc? Im very interested in this but i want to make sure what sacrifices are needed. from the sound of it, it drives like stock with more power but with the same linear powerband.
The following users liked this post:
BossMoss (04-08-17)
Old 04-08-17, 11:07 AM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
great post. one thing I'm very glad and was wrong about is the pricing to be the same as the ISF and RCF owners not getting shafted because of the value of the car. for weekend cars or cars that don't see many miles per year, it would be nice if those miles can be driven very hard with this supercharger without problems. some of us would take over 15s year to get to 100k miles..if that. i feel like this kit is a bargain if we are talking about power per dollar. does this car have long tube headers as well? if not, are we looking around near the same power without them?
Im very interested in this but i want to make sure what sacrifices are needed. from the sound of it, it drives like stock with more power but with the same linear powerband.
i must have missed the price for install and tune in this thread. Eas it mention? How much.
im also interested in the dyno number (guesstimate) with stock headers and exhaust.
or stock headers and a Borla exhaust.
Old 04-08-17, 12:21 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

Rafi,
I am very interested in this as a future mod. You obviously spent a ton of time and effort on this to get it right. I am planning to get PPE equal length headers and PPE exhaust (when it is completed by PPE). If I anticipate adding the RR SC in the future, will it matter which header set up I choose? Thank you in advance!
Old 04-08-17, 12:37 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by GETKINETIC
i must have missed the price for install and tune in this thread. Eas it mention? How much.
im also interested in the dyno number (guesstimate) with stock headers and exhaust.
The price is on their website, the link is in the OP. It's a pre-order. 1/3 of the price is due up front.
Old 04-09-17, 07:08 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,384 Likes on 636 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER

so i see you have to cut the engine cover, front cover. any metal beams or supports have to be cut or modified like the ISF? any cutting to front bumper, fender liners, etc? Im very interested in this but i want to make sure what sacrifices are needed. from the sound of it, it drives like stock with more power but with the same linear powerband.
Thanks for those comments. I know that $10k seems like a lot, but for those of us who have experience with other cars it is actually not a lot at all, especially given the limited numbers of these cars! You all need to realize that ISF's and RCF/GSF's are more rare than Ferrari 458's and 488's... So there is a lot of R&D and development work and expense in developing and supporting these kits, but not a lot of cars. A comparable BMW M3 E92 Supercharger kit will cost the same or more, even though the BMW market is much bigger... these companies are selling hundreds of kits a year, a number that is impossible for us to approach.

Originally Posted by PunisheRCF
We find that most folks who go for an SC kit already have headers. As soon as we get a customer with stock headers we will post the results.

Originally Posted by BossMoss
Rafi,
I am very interested in this as a future mod. You obviously spent a ton of time and effort on this to get it right. I am planning to get PPE equal length headers and PPE exhaust (when it is completed by PPE). If I anticipate adding the RR SC in the future, will it matter which header set up I choose? Thank you in advance!
Probably best to stick to the PPE EL header since that is what we used to do all the development on, and the tune is based on this header.

Originally Posted by Davew77
The price is on their website, the link is in the OP. It's a pre-order. 1/3 of the price is due up front.
We require a $3000 deposit. Our initial batch of kits is sold out, so delivery of the next batch will be in late May.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

BossMoss (04-09-17)
Old 04-09-17, 07:19 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Thanks for those comments. I know that $10k seems like a lot, but for those of us who have experience with other cars it is actually not a lot at all, especially given the limited numbers of these cars! You all need to realize that ISF's and RCF/GSF's are more rare than Ferrari 458's and 488's... So there is a lot of R&D and development work and expense in developing and supporting these kits, but not a lot of cars. A comparable BMW M3 E92 Supercharger kit will cost the same or more, even though the BMW market is much bigger... these companies are selling hundreds of kits a year, a number that is impossible for us to approach.

Rafi

10k is not a lot at all when you are talking power per dollar. many of us spend 5k or more on exhaust alone. also when i was building the 350z, a TT set up with supporting mods without the built engine was well over 14k. 10k is a bargain.
Old 04-10-17, 08:07 AM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Can't wait to see some videos of Supercharged RCF roaming the streets! Rafi, how many orders are there already?! haha
Old 04-10-17, 08:11 AM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by paulwall4
My question is why don't you guys offer some type of warranty though?
???

Never answered my question
Old 04-11-17, 05:05 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by paulwall4
My question is why don't you guys offer some type of warranty though?
We offer a warranty on our SC components of course... we are not going to offer a drivetrain warranty because we cant control many aspects of the installation or use of the car. For example, in our SC installation instructions we specifically encourage everyone to send us a basic datalog once installation is complete... but it is now nearly 4 months since most of our initial ISF SC kits have been installed, and only 30% have actually bothered to send us a basic datalog?! And its not that we expect there to be a problem, its just mind boggling to me that folks wouldn't want to take every precaution before going out and hammering on it.

Also, while there are some companies offering warranties on powertrain for domestic SC kits, there are so many stipulations that its not worth that much. For example... you have to have less than 36,000 miles. Well, 90% of the IS-F kits we sold went on cars with over 36k. Also, they are only covering the cost of replacement ORIGINAL parts. So worst case scenario, lets say you crack a piston ring land, why would you want to replace the piston with another OE piston? And lastly, most of the cost of building an engine is the labor, not the parts.

So bottom line is that warranties that are currently offered on some high volume domestic kits are not actually worth that much.... and if you look at all the big names in European car tuning (Renntech, Dinan, AA, Schnitzer, etc) warranties on powertrain are unheard of.

That said, we go to great lengths to test our products, beyond what much larger tuning companies do, and we are confident that installing an SC on a low mileage RC-F is a reliable modification or we wouldn't bother selling it.

Rafi

Last edited by RRRacing; 04-11-17 at 05:18 AM.
Old 04-11-17, 07:19 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

So we had some requests to show the baseline vs. supercharged dyno results on one graph, so here it is!

RR Racing Supercharged RC-F dyno results

The following 2 users liked this post by RRRacing:
BossMoss (04-14-17), SmurFPwr (04-15-17)
Old 04-11-17, 08:42 AM
TheWizard
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice work! Do you plan to go through the certification process to make this CARB legal?
Old 04-11-17, 08:47 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TheWizard
Nice work! Do you plan to go through the certification process to make this CARB legal?
i hope you're joking.
Old 04-11-17, 02:44 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by TheWizard
Yes, we plan on going through the CARB approval process, while simultaneously declaring bankruptcy and committing suicide

Rafi

The following 4 users liked this post by RRRacing:
BossMoss (04-14-17), Dsully (05-19-17), isfvss (04-18-17), lobuxracer (07-20-17)
Old 04-11-17, 07:18 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

Rafi
what do you guys charge to install the kit?
what should we expect to pay for installation locally?
I know from state to state, city to city, it will vary. But do ya'll have a rough estimate?
Old 04-12-17, 12:05 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mingofish
Rafi
what do you guys charge to install the kit?
what should we expect to pay for installation locally?
I know from state to state, city to city, it will vary. But do ya'll have a rough estimate?

We charge just $900, but that's on the low side of what shops will charge. If you are in GA, probably best to send it to us, then you know it will be done right.

Installation of the kit is easy, but tedious due to the number of small parts and little things you have to do.

Rafi

Carbon Exchange (04-14-17)

Quick Reply: RR Racing RCF Supercharger Kit Release and Dyno Results