Lead Lap

Received 1,152 Likes on 850 Posts

JWBlakk: Looks good adds a nice contrast on the starfire
Old 05-02-17, 07:07 PM
benztolex
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jsndin
Looks good. Any modifications needed to install?
There can be a slight modification on each edge. Perhaps shaved down to fit each corner of the bumper perfectly. Other than that, it was a 45 min install for me.
Old 05-02-17, 08:34 PM
viperr
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts

Lexus should have made this lip standard on both Fsport and Non-Fsport bumpers.
Old 05-03-17, 06:41 AM
JWBlakk
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by AJLex19
JWBlakk: Looks good adds a nice contrast on the starfire
Thanks! I photoshopped how it would look color matched and it didn't look nearly as good to me, glad I went this route!
Originally Posted by benztolex
There can be a slight modification on each edge. Perhaps shaved down to fit each corner of the bumper perfectly. Other than that, it was a 45 min install for me.
Yup, especially easy on an F Sport bumper...I didn't even have to put on a lift or jack it up, just parked uphill and was able to reach everything haha...
Originally Posted by viperr
Lexus should have made this lip standard on both Fsport and Non-Fsport bumpers.
I totally agree! It's subtle enough and looks like it just belongs there imo. The F Sport bumper especially looks incomplete to me without some sort of lip.
Old 05-05-17, 12:48 AM
CW88
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by benztolex
Easy install, nice look and less money.
Looks good. I think I'll add this to mine.

I don't see one for non F sport model on ebay.. is the Fsport version the same? (http://www.ebay.com/itm/L-Style-Fron...sAAOSwKrhVd5zF)
Old 05-05-17, 06:13 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CW88
Looks good. I think I'll add this to mine.

I don't see one for non F sport model on ebay.. is the Fsport version the same? (http://www.ebay.com/itm/L-Style-Fron...sAAOSwKrhVd5zF)
There are front lips for the non F sport bumper, but they are pricey. This particular lip on eBay is flexible enough and contoured in a way that actually fits both F sport and non F sport.
Old 05-05-17, 06:33 AM
Patrick4GS
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

BaysonR must have sold a bunch of these in the last week. Mine arrived yesterday!
Old 05-05-17, 08:46 AM
viperr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Patrick4GS
BaysonR must have sold a bunch of these in the last week. Mine arrived yesterday!
Don't forget to post pics when you're done installing it.
Old 05-08-17, 11:28 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Did any one else receive their Bason-R Lip bent/warped out of the box?

I contacted them and they basically told be this is what happens to the polyurethane and to lay it in the sun for 45 minutes or hit it with a heat gun and it will go back to it's original shape.

This is what they said:

"We have tried our best to package the lip to maintain it's original shape. However, polyurethane products will almost never be in a perfect ready to install condition upon received. You may simply put the lip back in the original plastic bag which has come with the lip, then close the opening of the bag while leaving it flat on the ground under the sun for about 45mins~60mins. You may find that the polyurethane lip become softer and a lot more flexible after it get warm up by the sun. Now will be the best ideal time to start your installation as it's a lot more flexible to do micro adjustment for getting the lip snug flush with your bumper before putting screws to secure it. If the sunlight condition is not available in your area, you may also use a heat gun/hair dryer to warm up the lip from the inner bottom side of the lip, this may also soften the lip to get it ready for installation.

Polyurethane products do have the advantage from it's characteristic of being flexible and won't get crack easily with light impacts. However, not being able to be at a ideal installation shape upon receive has also become a disadvantage of the polyurethane material products. Sorry about the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you.
Best Regard,
Kevin"
Old 05-08-17, 01:19 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by peasodos
Did any one else receive their Bason-R Lip bent/warped out of the box?

I contacted them and they basically told be this is what happens to the polyurethane and to lay it in the sun for 45 minutes or hit it with a heat gun and it will go back to it's original shape.

This is what they said:

"We have tried our best to package the lip to maintain it's original shape. However, polyurethane products will almost never be in a perfect ready to install condition upon received. You may simply put the lip back in the original plastic bag which has come with the lip, then close the opening of the bag while leaving it flat on the ground under the sun for about 45mins~60mins. You may find that the polyurethane lip become softer and a lot more flexible after it get warm up by the sun. Now will be the best ideal time to start your installation as it's a lot more flexible to do micro adjustment for getting the lip snug flush with your bumper before putting screws to secure it. If the sunlight condition is not available in your area, you may also use a heat gun/hair dryer to warm up the lip from the inner bottom side of the lip, this may also soften the lip to get it ready for installation.

Polyurethane products do have the advantage from it's characteristic of being flexible and won't get crack easily with light impacts. However, not being able to be at a ideal installation shape upon receive has also become a disadvantage of the polyurethane material products. Sorry about the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you.
Best Regard,
Kevin"
Mine maintained its shape but I believe fellow forum member viperr had mentioned his was warped and planned to hit it with a heat gun to get it fixed up.
Old 05-08-17, 04:36 PM
viperr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AJLex19
Mine maintained its shape but I believe fellow forum member viperr had mentioned his was warped and planned to hit it with a heat gun to get it fixed up.
Yes, mine was a little warped on one side where it look like it slightly bubbled or lifted slightly up when comparing the other side. Below I used a sample picture and circled the area where the warped section was. Since I got the heat gun to vinyl wrap the lip, I used it also to put the lip back to shape. Heating it and adjusting it wasn't too bad and pretty much you couldn't see the slight imperfections once the lip was installed after. How bad is the lip warped? pictures?

Old 05-08-17, 06:03 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by viperr
Yes, mine was a little warped on one side where it look like it slightly bubbled or lifted slightly up when comparing the other side. Below I used a sample picture and circled the area where the warped section was. Since I got the heat gun to vinyl wrap the lip, I used it also to put the lip back to shape. Heating it and adjusting it wasn't too bad and pretty much you couldn't see the slight imperfections once the lip was installed after. How bad is the lip warped? pictures?

Old 05-09-17, 09:08 AM
viperr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by peasodos

Thanks. From the pictures, looks like the other side (right side from my sample picture) looks a bit wavy and sort dipped in? Was that the only part that has imperfections? I can't tell from the other picture which you took of the underside of the lip if that has any imperfections.
Old 05-22-17, 02:52 PM
jsndin
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got mine installed over the weekend.

Quick Reply: Ebay lips fit non f-sport bumper?