GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 150 series

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-17, 10:52 PM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 599 Likes on 425 Posts

They look more and more like the 4runner 😲...the interior doesn't look as elegant as the current model.
Old 05-27-17, 02:07 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,638 Likes on 2,383 Posts

http://indianautosblog.com/2017/05/2...-leaked-268520

To be unveiled on September 12, 2017.

Ahead of its reported unveil on 12 September, Instagram user ‘hamadtwo3’, credited for leaking brochure scans of the Toyota Land Cruiser 200 and Lexus LX 570 facelifts way before their market introductions, shares images of the comprehensively facelifted 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado.

Most of the images are scans from the Japanese media, but the interior images are presumed leaks.

This is the second major facelift for the Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, which has been serving since 2010. The front fascia has been completely revised featuring sleeker LED headlamps with a neat pair of DRLs flanking a wide hexagonal grille with bold vertical slats, and angular fog lamps. The rear-end has also been revealed, which look largely similar to the outgoing version, save for the new taillamp graphics and chrome garnish. Like with any facelift, the 2018 Toyota Prado will have new alloy rims designs.

The Instagram page also has photos featuring the revised centre console and instrument cluster of the car. The former has been completely restyled, with a new vertical arrangement of buttons for the off-road settings, new HVAC controls, and an updated touchscreen infotainment system, all of which are consistent with the changes reported by Japanese blogs. The ladder-frame SUV will continue in 5-seat or 7-seat configurations.

In Japan, the Toyota Land Cruiser Prado is offered with the 2TR-FE 2.7-litre petrol engine that produces 120 kW (163 PS) at 5,200 rpm and 246 Nm of torque and the 1GD-FTV 2.8-litre diesel engine good for 130 kW (177 PS) and 450 Nm of torque. In its best-selling market, the Middle East, where it is positioned above the Toyota Fortuner, the Prado is also available with a 4.0L V6 engine producing 235 PS and 38.3 kg.m of peak torque.

Old 05-27-17, 11:11 AM
User21c
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm happy to say that I don't see anything in those pics that makes me sorry I have the 2015 model.
Old 05-27-17, 01:00 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

It will be interesting to see what if any interior changes are made. I notice the current Prado dashboards look quite different than the GX as-is.
Old 05-27-17, 02:51 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Acrad35751
It will be interesting to see what if any interior changes are made. I notice the current Prado dashboards look quite different than the GX as-is.
The prados and the GX dont share an exact replica interior same way the LC200 and LX dont share the exact dash. However the general form factor is the same so, I`d expect they`d do something like an Remote touch implementation with a floating screen.

From the looks of it, Toyota Safety Sense is going in as well so welcome upgrade as well.

The fake metal surrounds with the RX non f sport gauges are going in which would be better if they tried to place the F sport ish digital gauges but hey color is better then dot matrix right? Plus all these changes are basically to keep the nameplate going until they unveil the full refresh in a couple years on the new platform
Old 05-28-17, 10:54 AM
bd5400
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Even if that's the final design, the exterior photos are nothing but renderings/photoshops of the current Prado. That's why in the front 3/4 view it's the exact same car (even with the same driver in the same position) but the color has been changed and the front end modified. Even the wheels are the same. Also, note that the color of the "new" portion isn't the same as the rest of the car.

While the interior pics might be actual leaks, overall I'd take this with a grain of salt.
Old 05-28-17, 12:39 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

If they are true pics looks like approach angle might further challenged for off-roading.
Old 05-29-17, 01:11 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

https://www.motor1.com/news/146872/t...rado-facelift/

Sleeker headlights with black accents are flanking a rather busy grille.

Although the quality of what seem to be leaked official images is far from being great, these grainy shots do give us an early look at the refresh Toyota is preparing for the Land Cruiser Prado. At the front, the changes are quite extensive as the headlights have been completely redesigned and these no longer extend downwards. In addition, the grille’s thick chrome framing continues on the upper area of the lighting clusters, which are now predominantly black and have a more high-tech look. In Japan at least, the SUV will come as standard with LED headlights.

Since we’ve mentioned the grille, you can see it adopts a more intricate layout with additional slats adorned with more chrome accents. Underneath the updated grille is a reshaped bumper hosting vertical fog lights replacing the old round ones. The lower grille has been subjected to a few changes as well and chances are the bottom of the bumper has also received a nip and tuck.

At the back, the novelties are less obvious as the taillights have remained essentially the same, albeit their graphics are now slightly different. It’s the same story with the bumper, which has been basically carried over with only some subtle tweaks in the center area.

Things get more interesting inside the cabin where the 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado will feature a new 8-inch infotainment system as well as a different layout for the HVAC controls. Some other updates are likely in tow, but we can’t see them at this point due to the nature of these subpar images. For example, rumor has it a new steering wheel will be installed in the facelifted variant and it will supposedly be borrowed from the Toyota Crown fullsize sedan. An extended array of safety and assistance systems will debut with the model’s forthcoming revision.

The fourth-gen Land Cruiser Prado has been available since late 2009, with a facelift introduced a couple of years ago. The revised model will allegedly be launched in its domestic market on September 12, according to sources from Japan familiar with Toyota’s agenda.
The following users liked this post:
User21c (05-29-17)
Old 05-30-17, 04:51 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

As rumor mentioned above here is what a Toyota Crown steering wheel looks like and may find its way into update.

Old 05-30-17, 08:14 AM
BradTank
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 121 Posts

That "toothy" grill is hideous, but otherwise I like the look.
I also hope Toyota/Lexus drops that silly silver painted plastic they like to put in the interior of their vehicles. It's very dated and cheap looking.

I just hope they keep the GX as a real, body on frame SUV with a boxy look and not some front wheel drive, car-based jelly bean CUV.
People that want that already have the Lexus RX.
The following users liked this post:
docofdoom (06-04-18)
Old 05-30-17, 11:11 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

So I guess terrain response and drive mode ***** from the LX are being translated to the Prado/GX
Old 05-31-17, 07:40 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

i dont see much of a difference in those pics besided the front being slightly different to look more like the bigger and real land cruiser.
The interior crown would be a heck of a lot better than our current interior imho.

If they do refresh, that will be good for another 3 years, so that means gx on its current platform will be 11 years old.
doesnt make sense.
i think they do a complete redesign. It is due for one.
of course nobody knows.
This hamad guy is the same one who leaked out the new LX pics.
Im suprised toyota hasnt gone after him.
Old 05-31-17, 06:27 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Old 06-01-17, 01:06 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by T4Fun
i dont see much of a difference in those pics besided the front being slightly different to look more like the bigger and real land cruiser.
The interior crown would be a heck of a lot better than our current interior imho.

If they do refresh, that will be good for another 3 years, so that means gx on its current platform will be 11 years old.
doesnt make sense.
of course nobody knows.
Honestly its a BOF mobile. New improvements would be downsizing in engine, more gears, and maybe a full hydraulic suspension like the LX. Not worth too much. Interior appointments are worth it tho. New seats like the rest of the stablemates and functions a welcome improv
Old 06-01-17, 07:36 AM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun

doesnt make sense.
of course nobody knows.
Actually, it's the only thing that makes sense right now.
Toyota is moving to a new global platform architecture (TNGA) and BOF is not high on the priority to be converted.
T4R, despite being old, still sells like hotcakes. That's why people love it - mature tech over disposable tech.
And that's the same reason they keep the resale value so high. Add the fact that no testing mules have been spotted and the only other alternative is a few more years of the same.
I, for one, hope facelift is the answer, as I would not want to buy a GX/T4R that is on its last generation model year, but would be willing to invest into the same thing knowing it is still in the middle of its lifecycle.

Quick Reply: Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 150 series