GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2014-2021 Radio/Infotainment/Navigation - Issues, Problems, Questions, Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-17, 08:26 AM
JRFoster
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my paperwork it says. "UNINSTALL RADIO REPLACE WITH NEW".
Old 03-13-17, 05:17 AM
JRFoster
Driver School Candidate

Paid another visit to Lexus on Friday. I was able to talk about my vehicle's problem with the Service Department manager. I was told that Lexus seems to believe that the problem is with AT&T. They say the continued static and XM radio service going in and out is because of new towers AT&T has installed. At this time Lexus has no solution. The dealership encouraged me to call 1-800-25-LEXUS and share this issue. Other vehicles I have ridden in recently (Ford, Chevrolet, Mercedes) don't seem to have this XM radio problem....... I don't understand why they don't...
Old 03-14-17, 10:02 AM
BradTank
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 121 Posts

Not sure if this helps at all, but I have had Sirius XM on my LS Lexus for several years with no issues and only in the last few months, I have I noticed frequent reception issues on my normal commute to work that I never had before. Something has changed and I never thought it might be new cell towers.

Honestly, I think Sirius XM is garbage even when it is working and have been meaning to cancel for a while now. The compression and sound quality has always been really "tinny".

Regardless of how this shakes out, you can do better than what you're paying Sirius with some negotiation. I pay like $10 a month and I'm sure that can be improved on as well.
Old 03-16-17, 09:52 AM
2012GX460
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

JRFoster, truck is still at the Dominion.... Spoke with service advisor yesterday, no more information on the XM than what you've already been told, except, they will give you a free one year subscription, but no timeline of the fix.
Mine also has a climate control issue, the heater will not come on, when set on automatic, if it’s cold in the mornings. I have to manually select the fan speed. They say this is common. Also, the airbag issue; I was told not to expect anything until maybe December. Lexus is doing the older models and smaller cars first. So, a newer GX, will be one of the last on the list of priorities. Was also told, if you feel you cannot live with this, Lexus will get you a rental, but it would be something like a corolla…
Old 05-29-17, 09:45 PM
jpcdmd
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Navigation screen blank

Today I noticed the nav/info screen on my '14 with 48k miles was dark and wouldn't display anything. Pressing the Audio, Climate, Info etc buttons displayed nothing, just a blank screen. Pressing the Home button displayed the map on the left side of the screen but nothing on the right. Interestingly, the radio was playing and sound was not affected. The car was warm inside as it was sitting outside in the Phoenix sun this afternoon. I turned the car off and restarted it and all worked fine after that. I have 1200 miles left on the factory warranty. I was not able to get video of the occurrence. Has this been encountered before? I'm worried I won't be able to reproduce it for the dealership and my warranty will expire and then it will start happening all the time.
Old 05-29-17, 10:56 PM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

I would take it in to the dealer before ur miles run out, Cas it might be a failing head unit. If you report it now dealer might replace it laters also as a courtesy.
Old 05-30-17, 04:17 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,618 Likes on 2,369 Posts

You probably want to make sure you navigation firmware is up-to-date.

http://lexus2.custhelp.com/app/answe...ers-website%3F

Old 05-30-17, 09:01 AM
BradTank
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 121 Posts

Definitely take it to the dealer if its under warranty as those units are incredibly expensive. Make sure it's documented.

But I had the same thing happen to my "ancient" LS430 where everything went black and I simply restarted the car and everything went back to normal and it never happened again.
Old 05-30-17, 03:35 PM
jpcdmd
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I updated the firmware several weeks ago and checked it again just now. I am currently on Version V12B8871 . I downloaded the firmware from the link provided and attempted to perform another update but the "Update Software" button was greyed out and wouldn't let me update, which signals that the software is up to date. So I'm good on the firmware I guess. I think I will take it to the dealer just so it's documented.
Old 05-30-17, 03:43 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Yeah... I would take into dealer as well. There are some diagnostics you can get into but they likely wouldn't help. Hopefully the event got logged in the failure fault list.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...agnostics.html
Old 09-12-17, 12:12 PM
PaddyPolo1
Driver School Candidate

Default Multimedia System keeps rebooting

This just started today. Vehicle has 102000 miles. I attached a photo. Love to know how to fix it and possible cause. Do I need to get a replacement part?
Attached Thumbnails 2014-2021 Radio/Infotainment/Navigation - Issues, Problems,  Questions, Updates-img_4340.jpg  
Old 09-12-17, 01:53 PM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 596 Likes on 422 Posts

I''d say pull the battery and reboot. Hope it was just a glitch.
Does it do this after the car started or when you select a source?
Old 09-12-17, 02:06 PM
PaddyPolo1
Driver School Candidate

I did disconnect the battery and no improvement. Just keeps doing it and non of the buttons work. Thanks for your help
Old 09-12-17, 02:51 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Doesn't the '14+ system use an SD card instead of a hard drive like '10-'13? If so have you tried pulling that out?

You have LED headlights so this this shouldn't cause any harm but on older models you could get into diagnostics as follows. Not sure if '14+ will do this as well.

" Hold INFO button down and toggle Headlight Switch ON/OFF 3x"

Make sure vehicle is ON but not running.
Old 09-12-17, 04:52 PM
PaddyPolo1
Driver School Candidate

There is no SD Card and I do not see an Info button. Just keeps rebooting. Back up camera works but the audio and climate info can't load.

Quick Reply: 2014-2021 Radio/Infotainment/Navigation - Issues, Problems, Questions, Updates