Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Paint correction

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-17, 06:20 PM
Jenesh14
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Paint correction

I was using goo gone to take of some glue because I debadged my car but what I didn't know is microfiber cloths and goo gone didn't mix well. I didn't know till it was too late but the microfiber cloth burned onto my paint and now I have a big orange stain at the bottom corner of my trunk. I've tried washing it off, using a clay bar, and I just tried some meguiars rubbing compound (hand polished the stain)on it. The clay bar helped a little and the rubbing compound didn't make a difference. If anyone has a suggestion on how I can get the stain off that would be great. I really don't want to repaint the entire trunk because of a dumb mistake...

Last edited by Jenesh14; 05-31-17 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 05-29-17, 07:05 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

You may need to wet sand it. If you've never sanded, or don't have all the necessary tools, take it to a professional.

What color is your car? Do you have a dual-action polisher?
Old 05-30-17, 12:37 PM
lovemyGSFS
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

That sucks i would just take to body shop and see if they get it out
Old 05-30-17, 04:35 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Got a pic?
Old 05-31-17, 07:34 AM
Jenesh14
Driver

Originally Posted by jtrue28
You may need to wet sand it. If you've never sanded, or don't have all the necessary tools, take it to a professional.

What color is your car? Do you have a dual-action polisher?
my car is star fire white pearl and I'd probably go to a professional
Old 05-31-17, 07:49 AM
Jenesh14
Driver

Originally Posted by e60bmw
Got a pic?
Old 05-31-17, 07:45 PM
kiddough
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

that will buff right out
Old 06-01-17, 08:58 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,122 Likes on 1,513 Posts

Try this:

Seriously!
Old 06-01-17, 01:25 PM
Jenesh14
Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus
Try this:

Seriously!
is it safe on paint? Seems kinda sketchy to me
Old 06-01-17, 03:43 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jenesh14
is it safe on paint? Seems kinda sketchy to me
This OxiClean is a gel, which is perfect to apply to your car's finish. Just apply and let it work - no rubbing (friction) is necessary. If you are not familar with OxiClean, you should research it. It is used to remove grass stains, grease stains, blood stains (which are the worse) and a number of other extremely hard to remove stains. Football, baseball, soccer uniforms with ground-in grass and dirt stains, blood, etc. is no problem for OxiClean. It is even safe for the most delicate fabrics to remove all different kind of stains, from grease to dried blood, without causing any damage whatsoever. It will not hurt your paint finish. You may have to leave it on for a number of hours.
Old 06-01-17, 03:53 PM
Jenesh14
Driver

This OxiClean is a gel, which is perfect to apply to your car's finish. Just apply and let it work - no rubbing (friction) is necessary. If you are not familar with OxiClean, you should research it. It is used to remove grass stains, grease stains, blood stains (which are the worse) and a number of other extremely hard to remove stains. Football, baseball, soccer uniforms with ground-in grass and dirt stains, blood, etc. is no problem for OxiClean. It is even safe for the most delicate fabrics to remove all different kind of stains, from grease to dried blood, without causing any damage whatsoever. It will not hurt your paint finish. You may have to leave it on for a number of hours.

have you tried it beofre I just don't want to risk it. Oxi is like a bleach wouldn't it cause the paint and metal to corrode in any way?
Old 06-01-17, 04:36 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

have you tried it beofre I just don't want to risk it. Oxi is like a bleach wouldn't it cause the paint and metal to corrode in any way?
No, it is not a bleach! Jenesh - Research it yourself!

There are NO harsh chemical ingredients in OxiClean. OxiClean is made up of Sodium Percarbonate (Na2CO. H2O2) and Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2). It's as safe as applying Dawn soap (very different than OxiClean), which is used to clean wildlife.
Old 06-01-17, 05:00 PM
Jenesh14
Driver

No, it is not a bleach! Jenesh - Research it yourself!

There are NO harsh chemical ingredients in OxiClean. OxiClean is made up of Sodium Percarbonate (Na2CO. H2O2) and Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2). It's as safe as applying Dawn soap (very different than OxiClean), which is used to clean wildlife.
im actually going to go ahead and buy some on my way home is there any special procedure since I'm putting it on a car and not cloths
Old 06-01-17, 05:10 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

im actually going to go ahead and buy some on my way home is there any special procedure since I'm putting it on a car and not cloths
If you buy the Gel Stick (image above) you will just dab it on and wipe it (with your hand/fingers is fine) to cover the area. No application force is necessary. After a while it will dry, but the process will still be working. I would allow it to sit for a day or two before easily washing off with water.
Old 06-01-17, 05:29 PM
Jenesh14
Driver

If you buy the Gel Stick (image above) you will just dab it on and wipe it (with your hand/fingers is fine) to cover the area. No application force is necessary. After a while it will dry, but the process will still be working. I would allow it to sit for a day or two before easily washing off with water.
thank you I hope this works, spent too much trying to fix this issue

Quick Reply: Paint correction