SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

How to disable tire-pressure monitoring (TPM) system?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-17, 07:18 AM
Sundog49
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up TPMS Disable

Originally Posted by ReeRee7482
Thanks for this information, I may have to do this. Lexus dealership can't get the light to stay off with new sensors, I guess this is next.
If you do this, don't forget to check your tires regularly.
Old 07-07-17, 09:03 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Thought this would be a good place to post this as it's relevant info for the TPMS valve stem hardware. Found out that the units use a lithium ion watch battery. The battery is soldered into place and should be replaceable once the valve stem unit is "forced open." Something to consider if someone (like myself), wants to keep the TPMS active. Panasonic BR2777A 3Volt. Just searched and didn't find any for purchase but here are Tech Specs. Maybe someone can find a suitable replacement?

http://www.fey-industrialbatteries.de/P215.html
Technical Specifications:
Nominal Voltage (V): 3
Nominal Capacity (mAh): 1000
Diameter (mm): 27.5
Height (mm):7.7
Approx. Weight (g): 8
IEC-

Last edited by ShawnOk; 07-07-17 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-08-17, 09:00 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

The 2777 in the part number refers to the thickness and the diameter of the battery cell. If you can't find the BR2777A specifically, then find one that will fit in the space allowed. Is there room for a larger battery? If not, then there is a CR2477 that is available that would fit, it is just that the diameter would be a bit smaller and will likely have a bit lower capacity. However you will likely not even notice that little difference in capacity. It would last plenty long, if you are able to replace the battery.

However, having said that, be sure to check the temperature ratings on the batteries. The BR may have a broader temperature rating than the CR. If that is the case, search for a BR2477 or something similar.

Last edited by Harold57; 07-08-17 at 09:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ShawnOk (07-08-17)
Old 07-27-17, 05:00 PM
russola73
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2004 LS430 has the low tire message and warning triangle on. I was told my car didn't actually have tire pressure monitors in the tires. But that the ABS sensors detect differences in the rotation or some thing like that.
Is this true ? I really hate that red triangle glaring at me. I've already had the pressure checked and their all good. I'd like to just disable the system.
Anyone have any bits of info. for me ?
Old 08-05-17, 03:43 AM
lexixel
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the info in this thread. Just did it. Want to mention that there is no need to take the shift **** off,
Old 11-01-17, 09:46 AM
winterlex
Driver School Candidate

Default Same Issue With TPMS

Originally Posted by 416tt
Im also in Ontario, Canada.. I agree that its stupid you can't have it disabled by choice.

and I have had other cars with tpms and they weren't annoying like the lexus! I notice the small stuff is all freakinn annoying, even changing your bulbs, specially the fog lights which is a PAINN.

I actually have a US car so once i got new wheels, the light was solid for few months with no beep or anything.. then randomly one day it started blinking and beeping, the most annoying sound in the world.. I took it to the dealer they said by law they could not remove it. So i disabled it myself and took less then 5 min, no light on dash, no sound. Can drive peacefully now !!!
I am having the exact same issue -- after years of the same rims without sensors and no issues, currently beeping & flashing and dealer claimed could not re-initialize and recommended 4 new sensors. I would like to disable as you did but don't have the confidence. I am in Toronto as well -- downtown. If you are willing please email back and perhaps you can guide me through or suggest someone in our city who knows how to and will perform the disable. Thank You. : )
Old 11-01-17, 02:11 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 885 Likes on 709 Posts

Originally Posted by winterlex
I am having the exact same issue -- after years of the same rims without sensors and no issues, currently beeping & flashing and dealer claimed could not re-initialize and recommended 4 new sensors. I would like to disable as you did but don't have the confidence. I am in Toronto as well -- downtown. If you are willing please email back and perhaps you can guide me through or suggest someone in our city who knows how to and will perform the disable. Thank You. : )
it’s realy easy and a five minute job.
Old 11-03-17, 09:36 AM
winterlex
Driver School Candidate

Appreciate the reply. Would still appreciate a resource in Toronto, Ontario if anyone happens to know one. Glad I joined the forum -- great information here -- thank you.
Old 11-05-17, 02:02 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

The instructions are in the early part of this thread. Start at about post 12. In post #3 is a link to a GS process.
Old 11-06-17, 10:14 AM
winterlex
Driver School Candidate

Thank you -- I started there -- appreciate the wayfinding -- time to give it a try.
Old 11-21-17, 08:30 AM
Caflashbob
Instructor

Received 190 Likes on 149 Posts

Great info. Thanks. I bought a tiny tpms that works very well on the valve stems themselves and shows actual pressure and temps and alarms. Will disconnect the oem tpms versus spend $500 plus fixing the failing oem systems batteries.

fits into the cigarette lighter hole under the cover. Cover closes. Adjustable alarms. Much better very accurate. Inexpensive
Old 11-21-17, 09:20 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Caflashbob
Great info. Thanks. I bought a tiny tpms that works very well on the valve stems themselves and shows actual pressure and temps and alarms. Will disconnect the oem tpms versus spend $500 plus fixing the failing oem systems batteries.

fits into the cigarette lighter hole under the cover. Cover closes. Adjustable alarms. Much better very accurate. Inexpensive
....could you give us a link to those or a pic ? I've seen a few different systems and just wondering which one you went with......thanx in advance
Old 11-25-17, 04:12 PM
Caflashbob
Instructor

Received 190 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by texsexlex
....could you give us a link to those or a pic ? I've seen a few different systems and just wondering which one you went with......thanx in advance
wént to look for you and amazon says not available currently.

Need more info about disabling the tpms as our 08 does not seem to look the the early models wiring wise when the panels are removed to allow access under the radio,

actually found it under a different seller

Amazon Amazon
The following users liked this post:
texsexlex (11-26-17)
Old 03-13-18, 03:44 AM
idlerich
Driver School Candidate

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the link for disabling the TPMS...

I have a 2005 Lexus GS430 and have now started receiving the "Check system" errors on the dashboard (despite the sensors only being 12 months old at a cost of £160, and also
£130 for Lexus dealership to calibrate them for me... I really don;t want to fork out £280 every year to pass my MOT... so could anyone plse confirm that the procedure for
disabling the TPMS on an GS430 will be exactly the same as for an SC430? Cheers. Steve
Old 05-30-18, 10:56 AM
affirmed
Driver School Candidate

Smile NEED Shifter Slide Cover Replacement 2003 SC430

Sorry...wrong thread New to this...BUT the black plastic piece thats under the Bezel that surrounds the shifter has broken due to Florida Sun...& I can not find part # anywhere....It's interfering w shifting...I think 02 - 04 will work Any HELP? I LOVE this car Thanks
'

Quick Reply: How to disable tire-pressure monitoring (TPM) system?