RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

F-sport vs luxury

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-17, 04:42 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by azinn
I'm old and I don't like wood!
WHy is noone acknowledging the fact that in like 10 posts we've been saying "wood" and nobody said "That's what she said?

haha (it's an office (the show ) reference for those who don't know)
Old 08-07-17, 07:36 AM
coach1
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just bought a 2017 RX350 (non-Fsport). I already own a 2014 GS350 Fsport. When shopping for this RX, which is for my wife, we found little justification for the Fsport package which was simple cosmetic. Performance enhancements to the GS was well worth the price difference. IMO, the Fsport package on the new RX is a waste of money.
Old 08-07-17, 09:04 AM
TeKKieNYC
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

^ Please do enlighten us how the F-Sport package on the GS is different from the RX?
Old 08-07-17, 10:17 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

I would rather have wood than brushed aluminum. But then I would rather have carbon fiber stickers than wood. It matches the F-Sport very well!

Old 08-08-17, 07:20 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by coach1
Just bought a 2017 RX350 (non-Fsport). I already own a 2014 GS350 Fsport. When shopping for this RX, which is for my wife, we found little justification for the Fsport package which was simple cosmetic. Performance enhancements to the GS was well worth the price difference. IMO, the Fsport package on the new RX is a waste of money.
All F sport packages on Lexus are mostly cosmetic. The only thing the GS has that might be considered performance is the AVS, this is similar to the AVS on the RX.

I got an F sport for features that I preferred over the Luxury version. I don't buy a Lexus thinking it's a performance car. Although I am getting an LC tomorrow for a week to try it out.
Old 08-13-17, 09:04 PM
shric
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated Steering wheel

Originally Posted by hon3kong
It's the same thing on the all leather wheel, only parts of the wheel are heated
Correct, and it is disappointing, coming from a Jaguar XF where the entire leather wheel was heated
Old 08-13-17, 10:33 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FastFord
All F sport packages on Lexus are mostly cosmetic. The only thing the GS has that might be considered performance is the AVS, this is similar to the AVS on the RX.

I got an F sport for features that I preferred over the Luxury version. I don't buy a Lexus thinking it's a performance car. Although I am getting an LC tomorrow for a week to try it out.
Very interested to hear your thoughts on the LC. I saw it at the dealer, sure is a looker!
Old 08-15-17, 07:15 AM
Lexus1998
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

If I had to do it again I would 100% get the F-sport, the reason I got LUX was at the time I was so set on triple beam LED/ML and glass roof at time it didn't really exist in northeast without special order. It is minor details for me that I regret not getting F-sport number one are those horrid plastic rims they put on LUX pkg I literally look at them everyday and say why Lexus they look like Hyundai or Accord/CRV wheels why did they pick these??? My main things I would prefer are the F-sport rims, dark headliner, BLK mirrors and front grille is 100% nicer on F-Sport and now you can find all those options on F sport. Ideally the best would be LUX pkg with F sport appearance pkg that would be the perfect fit for me love the wood inside and soft seats but want sporty appearance.
The following users liked this post:
ericsan13 (08-15-17)
Old 08-21-17, 02:03 PM
kanyewest
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the F-sport. The lux features, although nice was not enough for me to sacrifice the F-sport grille and wheels which I find significantly better compared to non-F.

I will say though, I am in my 30s. If you are 40+ you are probably going Lux.
Old 08-21-17, 04:12 PM
elimmigran
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Background: I was going to buy an X5 or very slightly used X5 M. The reviews scared me away so I looked to Lexus after considering the alternatives.

Last week, Friday, I negotiated a deal on a fully loaded & optioned RX350. I drove over to pick her up early Sat morning. I arrived early so I strolled around the dealer lot for a bit. Within a few minutes I noticed the wheel gap difference of the F-Sport and was almost immediately sold. The only F-Sport with every option on the lot was an AWD 450H. Exterior- white, check! Interior: charcoal, meh. However, as soon as I sat it in it, it reminded me of sitting in a legit sports car. The fit was fantastic! I drove it around for about 5 minutes. When I returned, I had the dealer draft all new paperwork for the F-Sport.

I don't have a family so the other items that come with the Luxury package (power folding rear, seating options, etc.) were not very important to me.

I'M SO GLAD I took the time to give the F-Sport consideration.

Yesterday, she had every piece of chrome trim vinyl wrapped and it completely changed the look. It looks cleaner, sportier, more aggressive and something I'm not ashamed to be driving because it no longer looks like an older kat's ride.

Last edited by elimmigran; 08-21-17 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-22-17, 11:58 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Originally Posted by elimmigran
I don't have a family so the other items that come with the Luxury package (power folding rear, seating options, etc.) were not very important to me.
You'll be happy to know that power folding rear is not an option on 450h due to the location of the batteries.
Old 08-23-17, 09:41 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 512 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by ericsan13
You'll be happy to know that power folding rear is not an option on 450h due to the location of the batteries.
What?

They must have screwed up on both of my 450h units as they both have power folding seats included in the luxury package.
Old 08-23-17, 10:25 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
What?

They must have screwed up on both of my 450h units as they both have power folding seats included in the luxury package.
Hmmm strange, maybe it's a 2017 thing or it was limited for F Sports only?
Old 08-23-17, 12:03 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

Probably F-Sports only, Eric. I was told the power rear seats weren't available when I placed the special order on mine. But I'll take the other features found in the F-Sport over luxury.
The following users liked this post:
ericsan13 (08-23-17)
Old 08-23-17, 02:06 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 577 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by kanyewest
I went with the F-sport. The lux features, although nice was not enough for me to sacrifice the F-sport grille and wheels which I find significantly better compared to non-F.

I will say though, I am in my 30s. If you are 40+ you are probably going Lux.
I'm in my 40's and still love the F-sport we bought last year.

Quick Reply: F-sport vs luxury