IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Airbag and Cooling Fan Recall Service

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-17, 06:56 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Airbag and Cooling Fan Recall Service

I took my '11 in for the passenger side airbag recall yesterday. While it was in there, the service advisor ran the VIN to see what other recalls could be performed. Besides the airbag, he also mentioned something around the cooling fans. They ordered the parts and are keeping the car overnight. Hopefully they don't mess up anything while it's in their shop. As a precaution, i shot video and photos of the car prior to dropping it off. Anyone else paranoid about dropping their car off for service?

Old 08-31-17, 07:47 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

I am always afraid when someone else works on my cars. Look for broken hose nipple on the radiator right next to the coolant reservoir. I can almost guarantee that they will break it. The radiator fan recall invloves putting loctite on the screws because they come loose.
The following 2 users liked this post by Joker4096:
DDLexus (08-31-17), Quadrphnia (09-01-17)
Old 09-01-17, 06:29 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker4096
I am always afraid when someone else works on my cars. Look for broken hose nipple on the radiator right next to the coolant reservoir. I can almost guarantee that they will break it. The radiator fan recall invloves putting loctite on the screws because they come loose.
Thanks - can you let us know specifically which screws? This part of the car has seen little work from me so I'm not entirely familiar with the area.
Old 09-01-17, 12:22 PM
lexicon72
Intermediate

Received 166 Likes on 99 Posts

I absolutely hate taking the car to the dealership. Took it in for the airbag, cooling fan and wiring harness recalls. Ended up making 4 trips until they got it right. I also took videos/photos just in case (and also viewed my dashcam footage afterwards).
On the airbag recall - make sure the dash seams look like they did prior. They should be going through the glovebox. Though they accidentally unplugged my GPS antenna while doing so.
I had the cooling fan recall because apparently the bolts did come lose and one of the fans got stuck sideways and actually partially melted. They had to replace the entire fan assembly (under the recall). If not, they just redo the bolts like the previous poster mentioned.
Good luck!
Old 09-02-17, 07:41 AM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by DDLexus
Anyone else paranoid about dropping their car off for service?
YES! The last time i dropped of my car i got it back in worse condition than i left it. I had the airbag, ELF and airbag recall done; got it back with : electrical taped wiring harness, curbed wheel, and a missing clip in the dash. And a week later my airbag warning light was on.
If it wasnt for recalls, a dealership would NEVER touch my car.