GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Illuminated Door Sill Plates - Lexus.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-08, 10:17 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Check out L-tunedparts.com (a CL authorized vendor) aka Carson Toyota. They have it listed on their website, or you can call and talk to Steve or Luis, they can tell you all about it...
Old 03-25-08, 03:27 PM
RC51TOFUMA
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

thanks just...ordered...a set through Luis...

T.
Old 04-21-08, 05:14 PM
RC51TOFUMA
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
Smile just recieved

I just got my JDM illuminated "lexus" door sills. The instructions that came with it are in JAPANSESE!!!!!!

Anyhow did anyone else on this forum purchase the JDM illuminated door sills? If so.....do you have any information as to which wires you tapped into for all 4 doors?
Anyone? Anyone??
Old 04-22-08, 09:12 PM
iamjojo
Driver School Candidate

Did any one find out if they sell Only back door sills??? Since I already have the front sills
Old 04-23-08, 12:43 AM
OutkastGS3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RC51TOFUMA
I just got my JDM illuminated "lexus" door sills. The instructions that came with it are in JAPANSESE!!!!!!

Anyhow did anyone else on this forum purchase the JDM illuminated door sills? If so.....do you have any information as to which wires you tapped into for all 4 doors?
Anyone? Anyone??
I think you can tap it into the door trigger which sends the power to the dome light. I don't have the door sills so I've never tried it. The hard part is to find the wires. Use a multimeter.. works wonders
Old 04-23-08, 12:43 AM
OutkastGS3
Pole Position

Or find someone who can read Japanese!
Old 08-08-08, 12:16 PM
etb717
Driver School Candidate

Guys, I found an official lexus illuminated door sills installation guide on a website and for the life of me I can't find the link again.. But I kept the pdf. If anyone is looking for the install guide (gives instructions for all 4 door sills for GS 350/430/460), send me a PM with your email address and I'll forward it.
Old 10-04-08, 03:48 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Anyone have the instructions for installing the illuminated sills? What wire do you tap into? This is for a 2006 GS430.

Thanks,
Vik
Old 10-04-08, 05:39 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I installed these today, VERY easy DIY. I wish the rears lit up also but I am okay with them.

I ran the wire through the first Clip that holds the wires together. I just cut the tab off that secures it and put some double sided tape and this way no holes where drilled. I just need to find the correct wire to tap into if someone can provide that PDF that is around let me know what you need or an email.

I will post some pics before I put it together and also pics of the wires and where they are so we have this for future reference to make it easier.

Thanks,
Old 10-05-08, 08:50 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Okay here are some pics, down to the wiring....

the install process is very easy on these. I got some alcohol swabs and cleaned the painted area from where the OEM sills that where on the car. They just pop out with a little bit of force.

These lighted sills have a taped surface so they do not clip into the body of the car like the factory ones. You will need to remove the (2) white clips and (1) black clip from the car so that the new sills can be installed. They wont fit if you do not remove them. They just popped out for me with a small flat head screwdriver.

Again I cleaned the area with an Alcohol swab for best adhesion. Then just remove the plastic film for them back and line them up.

The rears do not light up on the ones I have so they just install into place.

The fronts have a wire and I used a hanger and fed the wire through the first clip (that holds the mass wire cowl) by popping that up. I took a wire snip and cut half the clip to allow for the wire to pass through. I put doublesided tape under the clip to help hold it better in place. This way I did not drill any new holes in the car. here is a Pic:

note this is the clip I ran the wire underneath and the whole to pass the wire through!

now here is the drive side wire harness(s) that I need to tap into:

and the passenger side:

I am down to the wire tap and need to find the correct plug that the wires are located in. Will post updated pics with them light up and the wires that I tapped into.

okay here is the wiring update:
first is the black clip that releases from the bottom so you can see for reference, its the same on both sides

passenger side. here was my test to light them up. I didnt get the power strips with mine and Sewell is sending me another set. I did solder the wires and tape around. but the interesting part that had me was that the BLACK wire from the sills is actually the positive and the red color wire is the negative.

drive side is the same thing and you can see the pic above. so the black goes to the Violet wire as they call it and the red wire goes to the black wire!

Enjoy!!

thanks,

Last edited by passnu2; 10-11-08 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-05-08, 09:03 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

etb717 was kind enough to provide me with the pdf instructions. Thanks bud!

However, I checked on Sewell's website because they are good about providing instructions online. Of course it's on there. Nice work Mike!

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/par...d=187291&all=Y

Direct link to instructions for installing the door sills:
http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/imp...dDoorSills.pdf
Old 10-06-08, 06:38 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks Vik & etb717

I will complete them sometime this week and post up pics of the wires that get tapped and the finished product for anyone that is interested.
Old 10-06-08, 02:22 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

^ Where did you buy the Illum Sill Plates from - was it Sewell ? These are next on my wish list and am waiting for a GB or 24hr sale to pull the trigger . . .
Old 10-06-08, 06:10 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ Yea that is who I got them from. They where the least from them from what I could find. Its a good price as is IMO. Really easy to install. I will wire them this week and post more pics to help out.
Old 10-09-08, 07:47 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

went to wire them today and per the instructions I don't have these power harness? not so sure they are necessary. But I tried them and they don't work??? Have the wire diagram and instructions and both sides are wired up and they don't light up. Yes I have the lights on for Door. All other lights are working?? not sure. I will post back as I need to send Darrel a message.

Quick Reply: Illuminated Door Sill Plates - Lexus.com