ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Service Recommendation call from the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-23, 08:35 PM
asadani
Pit Crew

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Service Recommendation call from the dealer

Hi everyone. My car is about 4 months old and I got a call from the dealer for the first 10k service. I informed them that I had about 3000 km on my car to which they insisted to complete the 10k service in 6 months or they would void the service agreement. I have paid for up to 6 services to reach 60k.
Is it normal to enforce the service prior to reaching the 10k limit or a year of driving? Audi's have about 365 days before any service message kicks in. What is the general recommendation?
Old 06-28-23, 10:58 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 1,017 Likes on 762 Posts

You need to bring it back to them at 5000 miles for some checks.
Old 06-29-23, 03:02 AM
asadani
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ESh
You need to bring it back to them at 5000 miles for some checks.
Yeah but, they are asking me to come in on the 6-month mark, regardless of the number of kms or miles are driven. They want to complete their services early on as they can sell me more packages.
Old 06-29-23, 04:20 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,136 Likes on 735 Posts

The 5,000 mile check is a tire rotation and a bunch of visual inspections that are not needed IMO. The 10,000 mile inspection is the same thing plus an oil change.
Old 06-29-23, 06:08 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,300 Likes on 905 Posts

Since you have only about 1800 miles on the clock it would be useless to bring the car in for unneeded service. As Esh states, wait until 8000 km. to bring it in or just skip it altogether.
The 16,000 km/10,000 miles is the one you should take advantage of. And don't let them sell you any more pre planned service.
Old 06-29-23, 06:32 AM
kingofire
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

To keep your warranty intact you have to do it at 5000 miles or 6 months whichever comes first.
Old 06-29-23, 03:30 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 541 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by asadani
... What is the general recommendation?
For a general recommendation, pretty much a general answer is the follow the time/distance maintenance item lists in the "Schedule Maintenance Log" section of the "Warranty and Services Guide" that should have came with your ES with some quibbles regarding thoroughness of performing the checking and inspecting items.

But the real issue is with:

Hi everyone. My car is about 4 months old and I got a call from the dealer for the first 10k service. I informed them that I had about 3000 km on my car to which they insisted to complete the 10k service in 6 months or they would void the service agreement. I have paid for up to 6 services to reach 60k.
Is it normal to enforce the service prior to reaching the 10k limit or a year of driving?...
I don't think anyone can give you good advice or answers unless one knows the exact language used in the written Dubai (UAE) Lexus dealer's service agreement. One also needs to have some knowledge of the laws and regulations (if any) applicable to Dubai local auto service agreements and warranties to know whether or not some dealer's service agreement nulling and voiding condition is legal according to the local laws and regulations.

I believe most of the commentators on this forum are US residents so their replies may be influenced by their perceptions of US Lexus corporate and US based local Lexus dealer service agreement contracts made under the legal restrictions of US state and federal laws applicable to such contracts. (There is a US federal law, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, which prohibits most tying conditions in manufactures' (including automobile) warranties but that's a different kettle of fish than service agreement contracts.)

All that said, I have never had corporate US Lexus or my local Lexus dealer demand I do any servicing or the service agreement(s) I had/have are null and void. Sure, I get time/milage based upcoming service reminders from both corporate US Lexus and my local Lexus dealer but the printed mailed and e-mailed reminder material is always advisory composed in what I would call a neutral, polite business tone.
The following 4 users liked this post by grp52:
ATL350 (11-14-23), dklanecky1 (11-14-23), LexFinally (06-30-23), UltraLux22 (06-29-23)
Old 06-29-23, 04:30 PM
grp52
Instructor

Originally Posted by kingofire
To keep your warranty intact you have to do it at 5000 miles or 6 months whichever comes first.
In, the US strictly correct; however, neither lack of records of the service being accomplished nor not using a dealer for the service is automatic grounds for nulling and voiding the Lexus warranty.

Given the service items included in the 6month/5000 mile service, how is Lexus ever going to invoke the warranty voiding clause?:
However, damage or failures caused by lack of proper maintenance are not covered under warranty.
Since engine oil quantity (OK or low) is part of the vehicle health report (composed from vehicle data transmitted to mothership Lexus), I suppose Lexus could determine you failed the 6 month/5000 mile service requirement from low engine oil quantity data entries in the vehicle health datastore at and after the 6 month/5000 mile interval lead to your engine blowing up due to lack of oil fairly shortly after the interval was passed.
Old 06-30-23, 08:41 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 943 Likes on 593 Posts

Originally Posted by grp52
I don't think anyone can give you good advice or answers unless one knows the exact language used in the written Dubai (UAE) Lexus dealer's service agreement. One also needs to have some knowledge of the laws and regulations (if any) applicable to Dubai local auto service agreements and warranties to know whether or not some dealer's service agreement nulling and voiding condition is legal according to the local laws and regulations.

I believe most of the commentators on this forum are US residents so their replies may be influenced by their perceptions of US Lexus corporate and US based local Lexus dealer service agreement contracts made under the legal restrictions of US state and federal laws applicable to such contracts. (There is a US federal law, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, which prohibits most tying conditions in manufactures' (including automobile) warranties but that's a different kettle of fish than service agreement contracts.)
He posted exactly what I was about to.
Old 07-01-23, 11:58 PM
asadani
Pit Crew

Thanks for your thoughts and answers. I'll try to delay my service. I'll go down to Lexus and check with the service advisor to see if it is needed or if I can delay the service.
Old 07-02-23, 11:18 AM
Lead Lap

Received 785 Likes on 532 Posts

Is it normal to enforce the service prior to reaching the 10k limit or a year of driving? Audi's have about 365 days before any service message kicks in. What is the general recommendation?
go call Lexus corporate. They override what the dealer says.
Old 07-02-23, 05:06 PM
grp52
Instructor

Originally Posted by 703
go call Lexus corporate. They override what the dealer says.
I don't think the UAE Lexus business arrangements have any resemblance to what the US Lexus business arrangements look like.

By most, if not all, US state laws US Lexus corporate cannot own any individual Lexus dealerships so there's a separation of business interests and control a customer can leverage for issue or complaint resolution.

As best as I can determine from afar, all in country UAE Lexus distributor business is exclusively handled by one business entity - Al Futtaim Motors. So, there's no separation of country UAE Lexus corporate and local Lexus showrooms (sales) and services business offices' business so there's no separation of business interests for a customer to use for leverage in resolving and issue.
Old 11-14-23, 03:42 AM
sajack
Advanced

Received 124 Likes on 85 Posts
Default 5,000 mile tire inspection

Main issue on the 5,000 mile inspection seems to be the darn runflat tires. I have looked at dozens of CarFax reports on used LS500s. People are often buying 1 or 2 tires at a time and also occasionally replacing wheels.
There isn’t much rim protection with the 20” tires.
Drivers are hitting potholes and clipping curbs, especially with the right side tires. These are long wheelbase cars and clipping curbs with the right rear is easy to do.
I’m sure Lexus dealers love selling these expensive tires and wheels.
Old Today, 02:40 PM
ladyspeedster
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a 2024 LC that just hit 1,000 miles. I want to schedule the 1,000 mile inspection with oil change (I'm fine paying out of pocket for this). Can I trust any Lexus dealer to do the service well or are certain dealers certified to work on an LC500? Just wondering if this is something I should consider when selecting a dealer to service the car.
Old Today, 03:02 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 1,017 Likes on 762 Posts

All Lexus dealers are cerified to work on an LC.
The following users liked this post:
LexFinally (Today)