RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

TRD Body Kit and Performance Damper 500h

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-23, 05:02 PM
neotrope
8th Gear

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default TRD Body Kit and Performance Damper 500h

Hi, folks
long time lurker (I am original owner 2002 IS300 Sportcross in IBP - still own); got a new RX500h in Feb. (built in Jan., in Canada). I am in California.

Decided I hate the rear mesh "no exhaust" look and also wanted a sport+ type setup for a little less lean and bounce.
I ordered the full body kit from TRD (via Top End Motorsports in CT) sans mirrors, as well as the muffler/dual exhaust.

I have all the parts here now, except the muffler back ordered, so waiting on that to have it all done together.

I thought I'd share some pix of the "check on delivery" to make sure not busted. And then share pix once installed, and vid of the exhaust. As I'm sure some other RX owners, specifically 500h owners may be interested on this topic

Will try to attach pix below (first time post on here, so be gentle, folks!)

The following 3 users liked this post by neotrope:
GlennAudio (10-08-23), Julius071 (10-04-23), Urlik (10-04-23)
Old 10-04-23, 05:28 PM
Julius071
Intermediate

Received 124 Likes on 91 Posts

Ouuu cant wait to see dampers and lip kit installed!
Old 10-04-23, 07:05 PM
Urlik
Instructor

Received 661 Likes on 448 Posts

I posted pics from New Zealand dealership last spring of the exhaust and rear diffuser. Looked awesome. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...-diffuser.html

Last edited by Urlik; 10-04-23 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-04-23, 07:16 PM
neotrope
8th Gear

And of course the TRD info page with pix....my car is caviar/red, and i got the kit color matched by TRD which is very cool
https://www.trdparts.jp/english/product/lexus/rx/
The following users liked this post:
Urlik (10-05-23)
Old 10-07-23, 11:12 AM
MiniRx
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does damper kit lower the car or just makes it handle little better?
Old 10-07-23, 12:20 PM
Urlik
Instructor

Originally Posted by MiniRx
Does damper kit lower the car or just makes it handle little better?
No, you'd need different springs to drop the car. The damper kit includes a front damper brace, front lower frame brace, and rear damper brace. https://www.topendmotorsports.com/le...plus-35965.php
Old 10-07-23, 08:18 PM
MiniRx
7th Gear

so it’s just for handling. Is there a company that makes spring for this car yet? Beside the RSR coilover

Originally Posted by Urlik
No, you'd need different springs to drop the car. The damper kit includes a front damper brace, front lower frame brace, and rear damper brace. https://www.topendmotorsports.com/le...plus-35965.php
Old 01-09-24, 05:54 AM
Bomb3r
1st Gear

Originally Posted by neotrope
And of course the TRD info page with pix....my car is caviar/red, and i got the kit color matched by TRD which is very cool
https://www.trdparts.jp/english/product/lexus/rx/
I am currently interested in this body kit. Are you saying that TRD spray painted the part into your car’s color? I currently have an iridium silver Rx500h. Thanks and any help is appreciated!
Old 05-22-24, 05:02 PM
neotrope
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Bomb3r
I am currently interested in this body kit. Are you saying that TRD spray painted the part into your car’s color? I currently have an iridium silver Rx500h. Thanks and any help is appreciated!
Hi, pardon tardy reply. YES! They paint the car to match, and have several options to match the 500h colors. Mine were painted at TRD to match my Caviar, and they also include little swatch to show paint match - meaning you can hold up swatch to your car to double check. NIce.
Old 05-22-24, 05:06 PM
neotrope
8th Gear

UPDATE ON TRD BODY BRACE, BODY KIT and REAR DUAL EXHAUST KIT
okay.... couple updates
1) been waiting to do this whole install as I have *all* the pieces and hardware except for the TRD dual exhaust; this got major delay apparently first due to demand and then was told by third party they had some defect and either had to redo, and/or replace early ones. Upshot "fairly firm" delivery date is now Aug. 2024
2) I put off the three piece underbrace kit, as my early Jan 2023 RX500h had the judder issue; and I got the new transaxle and ECU tuning done a month ago. And boy does it drive better. Underbrace kit requires cutting holes for some mounting locations of the braces in the underbody aerocover stuff.

Now that the transaxle done, just waiting on the TRD dual exhaust muffler. While I have been offered an aftermarket model as possible alternate; I don't want to risk voiding my warranty on this car with non-Toyota part attached to the hydbrid system. Color me paranoid!

More updates as I actually HAVE the muffler, and get the whole kit done. Tons of pix to follow

Now, debating putting TRD logo on the car. Stupid, right?
The following 3 users liked this post by neotrope:
dvscycles (05-22-24), GlennAudio (05-23-24), Urlik (05-23-24)
Old 05-23-24, 07:29 AM
Urlik
Instructor

Can't wait to see your pics!
neotrope (05-23-24)
Old 08-16-24, 03:34 PM
neotrope
8th Gear

Default Update - Aug 2024

heh. Welllll. That revised TRD rear exhaust sure took awhile (a year!). Finally got it this past week, and will be going into dealer for conversation on install of the underbrace kit and body kit, new TRD muffler, etc.

Pain to have to convert all the Japanese PDFs to English, but got that done today.

For those interested I can post the converted PDFs? So, let me start with the underbrace kit, the rear diffuser and muffler since that is probably what some hard core folks most curious about Let me see if I can attach PDFs here or not ....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
File Type: pdf
EXHAUST_MS153-48012_ENGLISH.pdf (1,003.6 KB, 9 views)
Julius071 (08-16-24)
Old 08-16-24, 03:55 PM
deaded
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

How about a picture of the car?
Old 08-16-24, 04:35 PM
neotrope
8th Gear

Default pics of TRD kit

Originally Posted by deaded
How about a picture of the car?
Kinda hard to post pix when the full install not yet done, as I noted in my latest post; I just finally got the dual exhaust muffler f rom Japan this past week and making appt with dealer to sort out cost and time frame with their TRD guy. If you have not been to the TRD Japan website to see pix ... I will post them here:

Old 08-17-24, 09:39 AM
deaded
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Niiiice rear end. Looks bad-***.
neotrope (08-17-24)

Quick Reply: TRD Body Kit and Performance Damper 500h