RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

No sound.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-24, 04:12 AM
mittkonto
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No sound.

The antenna works as far as mechanics go.
There is sound from the navigation system. Cd seems to play, radio seems to find channels. In the sound settings one can not move the Hm.. soundscape left right up down.

How sure can I be, that the amp/wiring speakers are good? And its just the volume button that's b0rked?

Thinking about getting a android center console replacement, if the car passes a healthcheck at the end of the month.
Old 04-16-24, 04:54 PM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Received 793 Likes on 665 Posts

Hello,

Do you at least hear static with the radio?

If there is sounds from any source other than the AM/FM Radio, then it's definitely not the wiring or the amplifier, those work off of any analog sound signal they get, regardless of the source. If there isn't even a static playing, then I am not sure what could be other than the radio itself, even if the antenna is disconnected completely, you should still hear the white noise at the very least.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
The following users liked this post:
Margate330 (04-16-24)
Old 04-17-24, 12:48 AM
mittkonto
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Arsenii
Hello,

Do you at least hear static with the radio?

If there is sounds from any source other than the AM/FM Radio, then it's definitely not the wiring or the amplifier, those work off of any analog sound signal they get, regardless of the source. If there isn't even a static playing, then I am not sure what could be other than the radio itself, even if the antenna is disconnected completely, you should still hear the white noise at the very least.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
The only other source I hear is the navigation from the driver position. The door iirc.
Old 04-17-24, 07:25 AM
salimshah

Received 1,055 Likes on 952 Posts

The source switching is done by the serial protocol. From description of the problem it seems the issue is either with a particular source or the switching.

Switching software gremlins can be cleared with a power cycle [remove battery terminal for about 20 mins]. If that does not fix then the next can be the headunit. There aught to be plenty available from salvage yard in dubious condition but in this age and time, having one repaired or even looked into may not be financially justifiable. Look into latest after market add on with nav and camera and high resolution screen.

Salim
Old 04-17-24, 05:43 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 312 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by mittkonto
Thinking about getting a android center console replacement, if the car passes a healthcheck at the end of the month.
It does sound like there's an issue with the head unit ("radio"). I'd consider sending it to United Radio in Syracuse, NY for repair.
Be REAL careful if you go the Android route - the "head unit" and display in the RX controls much more than just the audio. Make sure that the replacement controls all of those features.

Old 07-04-24, 02:57 AM
mittkonto
10th Gear

Ok. So I got a new stereo. Same thing though.. However, digging the forums, I found this post.

But now I have no display functioning, as I truly dearly hope, is because my interior lights does not work, after I installed interior led lights.

Vanity, dome, map, doors worked fine, but the trunk one.. then the interior lights does not work, and for some reason not the remote lock. Yikes?

Trying to find the right fuse, have not found a diagram on whats what here yet.

On topic though, I have found a amplifier, but I am going to see if the link/post diagnostic pdf can point me in the right direction first.