GX - 3rd Gen (2024-present) Discussion topics related to the 2024+ GX550 models

Catalytic Converter Shields

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-24, 01:10 PM
JesseH
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Catalytic Converter Shields

Are there any companies that make them for latest GX or if it's necessary? I forgot to look under the truck during the test drive to see how accessible they are, but if I recall from a review video that had one on a lift they appear to be easily taken. It was a Luxury so I'm not certain if the OT has additional skid plates which hide the cats. I installed a Talon's Garage shield on my Tacoma and have no complaints with it and was thinking about reaching out to them once I take delivery to see if they'd be willing to make them since they're somewhat local to me.
Old 09-03-24, 08:55 AM
JesseH
10th Gear

Talon's Garage is what I have on my Tacoma and when I reached out to them they don't make one for the GX550. Those of you that have taken ownership and have already crawled underneath, are the catalytic converters covered or easily stolen?
Old 09-24-24, 06:20 PM
DanTeSlagX
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I’d be worried that covers would retain heat and kill o2 sensors. What kind of a place do you live where you have people hacksawing off cats? Can you just garage the thing?
Old 09-24-24, 10:06 PM
JesseH
10th Gear

Originally Posted by DanTeSlagX
I’d be worried that covers would retain heat and kill o2 sensors. What kind of a place do you live where you have people hacksawing off cats? Can you just garage the thing?
Garaged at home and a secure facility at work. Haven't figured out how to bring my garage with me when I'm parking elsewhere. Off road vehicles idle in the desert heat with full underbody armor, a little shield isn't going to hurt a thing. Thieves are gonna steal; the trend has decreased but it's still easier to prevent it than go through the process of having your vehicle out of service while the dealer orders replacements.
The following users liked this post:
DanTeSlagX (Yesterday)