LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

I'm now officially the proud owner of an F Sport!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-24, 04:26 PM
Nyaa
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Default I'm now officially the proud owner of an F Sport!

I have to be honest, I've been drooling over the F Sport pretty much ever since I bought my 2007 LS460 L about eighteen months ago. I did bounce around ideas about keeping the L and just getting something really sporty like a Cayman to compliment it but in the end, my heart just kept calling me back to the F Sport. I just want to try a slightly more dynamic and engaging full size luxury sedan. So here I am, buying my third Lexus, my third LS, and my second 460. I guess I just got bit by the Lexus bug.

So after looking through dozens of F Sports, I managed to spot what I was looking for on cargurus.com. A dealer posted it the same day I came a across it so my persistence and daily searching paid off. It's a 2013 in Nebula Grey Pearl, black interior, RWD and it is absolutely loaded, including the dynamic cruise which was an absolute must for me. My 430 and 460 both have it and I would go nuts not having it on my daily. Let me tell you, it is very hard finding an F Sport with dynamic cruise!

Fortunately, I didn't have to settle just because it has the hard to find DC. It also has only 72k miles on it and has been serviced by Lexus all the way up to 67k. Maintenance records go dark after that but that's still pretty good. It only had two previous owners and they both had it for roughly half its mileage. It is a California car so there is a good possibility it has never seen snow. That won't last long though as I am located in Wisconsin. It also has a 3k/3month ASC Warranty which is, well, a nice bonus but I won't count on it given how those warranty companies can be. ASC does seem to have overall good reviews though at an average of 8.2/10.

I did have a PPI done since I was unable to view the car in person. The control arms are in excellent shape and I had them do a pressure test on the coolant system just to make sure it doesn't have that really nasty coolant leak that can develop inside the valley plate IIRC. Brake pads only have 25% front and 35% left in the rear so that will need to be done soon. Auto wipers don't work. Lexus diagnosed the issue as being due to air bubbles in the tape holding the sensor in place. I'm not sure why that repair was declined given how well they kept up with the car but oh well. It also has a couple scratches on the passenger side door and rear bumper I believe. The shop said they may buff out but it may need some paint correction done in the future. The interior has some minor seat wear on the driver side but no tears. You can see in the pictures how the left lower side bolster looks a bit squished. There is also some minor fading in the dye, those crack like looking things, in a few places but I think that will clean up just fine with a bit of dye. I also need to find an F Sport badge for the trunk lid.

I paid $26k for the car which given the maintenance history, mileage, but most importantly the hard to find dynamic cruise option, I think it is worth it... at least to me. I The dealer just received my cashiers check this morning and the flatbed company is picking it up Thursday. I am insanely pumped right now.

Oh yeah, another big reason I went with this over another car is because the wife was totally onboard. She says the car is absolutely gorgeous so let's just say that kind of sealed the deal.

Here are a handful of pictures. I'll have to take good quality ones when I get the car. The pics looked so much better when I first viewed them online. I think downloading them on the mobile site got me horribly compressed and low res versions. I should have done it on desktop.

Spoiler

Last edited by Nyaa; 06-11-24 at 04:31 PM.
The following 7 users liked this post by Nyaa:
Boykie (06-11-24), Cgw1984 (06-22-24), Dave144239 (06-20-24), ItalianMf9 (06-11-24), Piney1 (06-11-24), Protholl (06-12-24), THE_CEO (06-22-24) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-11-24, 06:01 PM
LS430Lexus
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Congratulations, it's gorgeous. I just got a 2016 in a little lighter color, Atomic Silver with black leather. I had the same issue with the auto wipers. The pad that attaches the sensor to the windshield was partially detached. I got a new pad for around $20 from Belle Lexus and a local glass shop replaced it for under $50. The tech said that he could have probably reattached the old but it seemed to make sense to use the new. Apparently, they detach over time. In any case, easy, reasonable fix. Enjoy your "new to you" car in good health.

Last edited by LS430Lexus; 06-11-24 at 08:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Nyaa (06-11-24)
Old 06-11-24, 06:33 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,695 Likes on 1,933 Posts

Congrats!!!
Nyaa (06-11-24)
Old 06-11-24, 06:37 PM
Gerf
Racer

Received 769 Likes on 572 Posts

Nice car! The 2013 f sport didn't come with a badge on the rear just the L in the middle and model on the right side or did you just want to add one just because?
The following 2 users liked this post by Gerf:
Nyaa (06-11-24), THE_CEO (06-22-24)
Old 06-11-24, 10:20 PM
Piney1
Intermediate

Received 284 Likes on 168 Posts

That is a gem! Don’t think I’ve seen one in that color. Nice find! I’ve had mine for a few months and love it. The only thing I had to do to mine is add wireless CarPlay via a Grom unit. It was not difficult and really makes driving a lot more enjoyable (I’m a techie). Enjoy!
Nyaa (06-11-24)
Old 06-11-24, 10:32 PM
Nyaa
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LS430Lexus
Congratulations, it's gorgeous. I just got a 2016 in a little lighter color, Atomic Silver with black leather. I had the same issue with the auto wipers. The pad that attaches the sensor to the windshield was partially detached. I got a new pad for around $20 from Belle Lexus and a local glass shop replaced it for under $50. The tech said that he could have probably reattached the old but it seemed to make sense to use the new. Apparently, they detach over time. In any case, easy, reasonable fix. Enjoy your "new to you" car in good health.
Thanks for the info!

I found it on parts.lexus.com. They have it for a hair over $50. I'll probably just order it from there since the nearest dealer is an hour and a half away from me.

Originally Posted by Gerf
Nice car! The 2013 f sport didn't come with a badge on the rear just the L in the middle and model on the right side or did you just want to add one just because?
Thanks!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the badge came on the 2014 model either. I actually noticed during my searching that none of the 2013 seemed to have the badge on the trunk. IIRC I didn't see any on the 2014 model either but my memory might just be wrong.

I want the badge just because. It is an F Sport and after drooling after so many pictures of the car with the badge, it just seems weird without it lol.

I found it on parts.lexus.com.

Originally Posted by Piney1
That is a gem! Don’t think I’ve seen one in that color. Nice find! I’ve had mine for a few months and love it. The only thing I had to do to mine is add wireless CarPlay via a Grom unit. It was not difficult and really makes driving a lot more enjoyable (I’m a techie). Enjoy!
Thanks!

I actually wanted red but it was hard enough as it was finding one with the dynamic cruise and fortunately this color really pops so I can live without red. Plus, my wife didn't really care for them in red but she loves this color.

I've already been looking at options for adding Android Auto. It's not something I'm going to do immediately but definitely down the road. I actually wanted to do it to my current 460 L but I knew in the back of my head I wasn't keeping the car so I never did it.

I'm a techie as well so I feel you on the desire for something more advanced than the factory experience.

Last edited by Nyaa; 06-11-24 at 10:42 PM.
Piney1 (06-19-24)
Old 06-18-24, 05:57 PM
Nyaa
Pit Crew

Ugh. So the transporter apparently had a breakdown and the hauling company had to locate me a new transporter. The car was supposed to be here yesterday but was only just picked up then. Hopefully it will be here Friday or Saturday.

The anticipation is killing me!
Old 06-18-24, 07:04 PM
Gerf
Racer

Originally Posted by Nyaa
Ugh. So the transporter apparently had a breakdown and the hauling company had to locate me a new transporter. The car was supposed to be here yesterday but was only just picked up then. Hopefully it will be here Friday or Saturday.

The anticipation is killing me!
Take deep breaths
Old 06-19-24, 08:56 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 342 Likes on 261 Posts

I had an 2014 F sport and it had badging.
Old 06-19-24, 10:29 AM
XF40FSPORT
Intermediate

Received 139 Likes on 98 Posts

I added one to mine, just to let ppl know this aint no ordinary LS!
Nyaa (06-20-24)
Old 06-20-24, 02:52 AM
Nyaa
Pit Crew

Take deep breaths
Haha, I'm doing my best!

Originally Posted by R Z
I had an 2014 F sport and it had badging.
Interesting. IIRC, I was seeing a lot of 2014's without F Sport badging on the trunk. Could it be they only started adding them later in the model year? Or did I just mistake what I saw and it is only 2013 that didn't have them?

EDIT: https://driving.ca/reviews/road-test...ls-460-f-sport

That is a 2014 F Sport with no badge on the trunk. So now I am thinking they only started badging the trunk later in the model year or somebody put one on yours.

Take a look.
Spoiler

Originally Posted by XF40FSPORT
I added one to mine, just to let ppl know this aint no ordinary LS!
Yeah, that's kind of my reasoning. This is a special car, at least I think so, and it deserves to be marked as such.

Last edited by Nyaa; 06-20-24 at 02:58 AM.
Old 06-22-24, 08:16 PM
Cgw1984
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats! I have a 2015 f sport (crafted) and its a WONDERFUL car. Enjoy it!
Nyaa (06-24-24)
Old 06-27-24, 05:57 PM
Nyaa
Pit Crew

The car finally came. Actually, it arrived on Tuesday evening but between work and not sleeping well, I just haven't got around to posting. I took it through the touchless automatic car wash this morning to get all the dust and debris off from its 2,000 mi journey. It looks amazing even though it still has some bugs and the like stuck to it.

Once I give it a good hand wash, I'll take some good quality pictures but here are a few from today that I just so happened.to snap because the car looked so amazing in the moment and I had to capture it.

I plan to post more about the car later.

I can't believe how amazing this thing handles for a full size luxury sedan. I know comparing it to my prefacelift long wheelbase isn't fair but I can't help but do it. This thing obliterates it. It just feels so planted, controlled, and on point. I haven't really pushed it around any corners. I've just taken my usual curvy route slightly faster than usual and it feels so good.

I love the big cushy luxury feel but it was definitely time for something more engaging. This ticks the box of being big and luxurious but still offering some sporty fun.

Spoiler

Spoiler

The following 2 users liked this post by Nyaa:
Gerf (06-27-24), Piney1 (06-27-24)
Old 06-27-24, 07:31 PM
Piney1
Intermediate

Received 284 Likes on 168 Posts

Very nice. I’m quite glad that I got the F-Sport as I live in the Appalachian mountains & the sport mode makes the car track wonderfully. Enjoy!
Nyaa (06-27-24)
Old 06-27-24, 07:39 PM
Gerf
Racer

Originally Posted by Nyaa
I can't believe how amazing this thing handles for a full size luxury sedan.
It really does handle well for a big car.
Nyaa (06-27-24)