Old 06-26-24, 09:58 AM
LexusForever
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Lexus relases 2025 model information

https://pressroom.lexus.com/back-in-...urns-for-2025/

V6 lives for another year.
The following 3 users liked this post by LexusForever:
asadani (06-26-24), mike995134 (06-26-24), TruthBalance (06-26-24)
Old 06-26-24, 10:02 AM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 459 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusForever
Hoorah! I predicted the 2025 models would continue to include a 6 cylinder engine! 🤣
Old 06-26-24, 10:59 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,284 Likes on 895 Posts

Hmmm. I seem to remember some members stating that they knew for sure that the V6 was history. Some members even wanted to place bets... Looks like Toyota wised up and kept the excellent engine after all.

Originally Posted by ESh
The only thing I know fo’ sho’ there will not be a V6.
From Lexfinally: The statement that "Toyota hasn't made any definitive statements as to what direction they're headed. Give Akio a call and maybe he'll let you in on it" is false. Toyota has made a definitive statement: the series of products where they've already axed the V6. It includes Highlander, the Avalon replacement, RX, and now Camry. Next up on the same platform as all of them is the ES, and it's been widely reported by people with far better Lexus connections than you or me that the V6 will be on the chopping block there as well.

Let me put a finer point on it: You have great confidence that I don't know what I'm talking about. I have great confidence that I do. Let's put our money where our mouth is. I publicly challenge you to bet me $100 that the 2025 Lexus ES will make a V6 engine available in any variant. I will bet that it won't. PM me and we can exchange contact information and wagering terms.[/QUOTE]

Guess me and Shaboom should have put our bets down...

Last edited by bc6152; 06-26-24 at 11:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
RobertJay (06-27-24)
Old 06-26-24, 11:01 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 958 Likes on 722 Posts

So where they put 2 aditional USB-C ports?
Old 06-26-24, 11:03 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 958 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152
Hmmm. I seem to remember some members stating that they knew for sure that the V6 was history. Some members even wanted to place bets... Looks like Toyota wised up and kept the excellent engine after all.

The following 2 users liked this post by ESh:
ATL350 (06-27-24), landonm86 (Yesterday)
Old 06-26-24, 11:09 AM
LexusForever
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ESh
In defense of the other poster, you only clarified after being asked.
Old 06-26-24, 11:19 AM
asadani
Pit Crew

Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts

Glad to see this. What about the internals? Any changes? like the gear shifter?.
Edit 1. Saw the remaining photos and it looks the same.
Edit 2. There is a difference in the rear bumper vs. the 2023 which is smooth. That and the wheels are blacked out.
Edit 3. I'm so confused. The rear looked the same in 2023 pictures as well but I got the smooth one. Really don't know what is changing,.

Last edited by asadani; 06-26-24 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-26-24, 11:32 AM
grp52
Instructor

Received 505 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by ESh
So where they put 2 aditional USB-C ports?
There's no change from the 2023 and 2024 model years' six USB ports.

Front of console - one USB-A (for wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto) and one USB-C; console compartment interior front side - two USB-C; and console backside - two USB-C.
ESh (06-26-24)
Old 06-26-24, 11:40 AM
LexusForever
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by asadani
Glad to see this. What about the internals? Any changes? like the gear shifter?.
Edit 1. Saw the remaining photos and it looks the same.
Edit 2. There is a difference in the rear bumper vs. the 2023 which is smooth. That and the wheels are blacked out.
Edit 3. I'm so confused. The rear looked the same in 2023 pictures as well but I got the smooth one. Really don't know what is changing,.
I think the only change is the black line special edition.
The following 4 users liked this post by LexusForever:
ATL350 (06-27-24), FastDawg (06-27-24), landonm86 (Yesterday), mike995134 (06-26-24)
Old 06-26-24, 11:43 AM
grp52
Instructor

Originally Posted by asadani
According to the press release, the 2025 ES gets digital key capability. (Provided, of course, you has a active Remote Connect subscription [trial or paid]).
Old 06-26-24, 12:19 PM
alextv
Instructor

Received 166 Likes on 146 Posts

Thanks for sharing this as I knew I would hear it here first. Disappointed not a redo. The 100% cloud nav seems improved unless the 2024 is the same. Seems like using google for traffic in route decision but don't know if it is constant live. The digital key is an expensive joke as forums reveal. Even Lexus tells you not to rely on it and carry fob. This will be forced on you in upper levels. Even interior colors are the same and would want something more like the light tan I have now. With a summer release it is not far away. Guess have to wait another year with another whole year of rumors.
Old 06-26-24, 12:31 PM
LexusForever
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by alextv
Thanks for sharing this as I knew I would hear it here first. Disappointed not a redo. The 100% cloud nav seems improved unless the 2024 is the same. Seems like using google for traffic in route decision but don't know if it is constant live. The digital key is an expensive joke as forums reveal. Even Lexus tells you not to rely on it and carry fob. This will be forced on you in upper levels. Even interior colors are the same and would want something more like the light tan I have now. With a summer release it is not far away. Guess have to wait another year with another whole year of rumors.
I think this is the last year before a big redo. The trademark list they released a month or so ago generally happens a year before they start releasing the new model.

For those that want an ES 2025 before they go hybrid, nows the time.
Old 06-26-24, 01:00 PM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 459 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152

From Lexfinally: The statement that "Toyota hasn't made any definitive statements as to what direction they're headed. Give Akio a call and maybe he'll let you in on it" is false. Toyota has made a definitive statement: the series of products where they've already axed the V6. It includes Highlander, the Avalon replacement, RX, and now Camry. Next up on the same platform as all of them is the ES, and it's been widely reported by people with far better Lexus connections than you or me that the V6 will be on the chopping block there as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0R-pCSOjpg

Let me put a finer point on it: You have great confidence that I don't know what I'm talking about. I have great confidence that I do. Let's put our money where our mouth is. I publicly challenge you to bet me $100 that the 2025 Lexus ES will make a V6 engine available in any variant. I will bet that it won't. PM me and we can exchange contact information and wagering terms.
Guess me and Shaboom should have put our bets down...[/QUOTE]

Seems to me that there was a $20 wager I offered and was accepted by someone out there.
He doesn’t have to worry about it. I forget who it was. If he reads and remembers, he can donate the $20 to ASPCA.
Old 06-26-24, 01:59 PM
grp52
Instructor

...The 100% cloud nav seems improved unless the 2024 is the same. Seems like using google for traffic in route decision but don't know if it is constant live. ...
I think you're reading more into the "... integrates with Google points of interest (POI) data ..." than is warranted. POI data isn't traffic data; rather, POI data covers things like location and other specific data on things such as restaurants, gas stations, hospitals, etc.

I don't think the press release's cloud navigation description indicates any improvements over the previous years' ES Drive Connect Cloud Navigation capabilities. The same wording used in the 2025 press release could have been and was with some composition variation used for the 2023 ES model year's change to using th Drive Connect Cloud Navigation system.
Old 06-26-24, 02:42 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 500 Likes on 347 Posts

This had me thinking about the technology in my EQS - the Car to X communication. It's truly fascinating, and I believe it will become standard in most cars in the coming years. It's definitely an interesting development.

The other day it, the cars warning and nav system, alerted me to an upcoming pothole.

I found this on the interwebs somewhere.

C-V2X (Cellular Vehicle-to-Everything) is a wireless communication technology that allows vehicles to communicate with each other (V2V), infrastructure (V2I), and other road users like pedestrians (V2P). It enhances road safety, traffic efficiency, and autonomous driving capabilities.
Key aspects:
* Direct Communication (PC5): Enables low-latency communication between vehicles and their surroundings without relying on cellular networks. This is crucial for safety applications like collision warnings.
* Network Communication (Uu): Uses cellular networks to provide vehicles with real-time information about traffic, road conditions, and other relevant data.
* Applications: Range from basic safety features like forward collision warnings and emergency brake lights to advanced applications like cooperative adaptive cruise control, traffic signal information sharing, and support for autonomous vehicles.
C-V2X is considered the next-generation technology for connected vehicles, offering improved performance and broader functionality compared to older technologies like Dedicated Short-Range Communications (DSRC).
TechNut (06-27-24)

Quick Reply: Lexus relases 2025 model information