New company car: thousand of doubts from Italy

Search this Thread

Old Today, 03:37 AM
Tannoiser
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New company car: thousand of doubts from Italy

Hi everybody,
I introduce myself: I'm Alessandro, 50, from Italy.
My company sent me the list of the new company car to chose from. One of the options was the Lexus RX 350h: nice and luxurious car but too long for my garage. Then I would opt for the "smallest one" the NX 450H, in the luxury trim.
Just a few questions because the fleet manager is pushing on me to place the order.
1. eCVT: is it so bad? I mean, now I drive a BMW 3 Series 320d (I know diesel is not very present in USA) but it's a car with a lot of torque. How is about performance the 450h and, above all, how much annoying is the engine sound when you push down the throttle?
2. Infotainment: does it work? I mean, I read of some problems with Apple CarPlay.
3. 12v battery. I'm a little bit scared because I read about many issues. I live in Milan, and the office is 4km far from my home. I would use the NX450H in ev mode all the week and probably I would turn on the combustion engine just in the weekend. Is it a possibile problem for the 12v battery?

The alternative to the NX would be the Audi Q5 phev, as I told the RX 350H, and the just announced new version of the BMW X3. I'm very tempted to wait this last one, but....they still have to begin the production and honestly, there are too many lights in the cabin for my personal tastes...

Thanks a lot for any advice you'll give me (and forgive my Italian English).

Alessandro
Old Today, 05:00 AM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts

I have the 2022 NX350h and it’s great. I’ve had no problems whatsoever with anything you mentioned. The transmission is fine, CarPlay works fantastic, and I’ve never had a problem with my battery. I would buy the car again in a moment.
Old Today, 05:04 AM
Tannoiser
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dkaplan
I have the 2022 NX350h and it’s great. I’ve had no problems whatsoever with anything you mentioned. The transmission is fine, CarPlay works fantastic, and I’ve never had a problem with my battery. I would buy the car again in a moment.
Thanks a lot, really apppreciate. What about the performance?
Old Today, 07:05 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 566 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by Tannoiser
Hi everybody,
I introduce myself: I'm Alessandro, 50, from Italy.
My company sent me the list of the new company car to chose from. One of the options was the Lexus RX 350h: nice and luxurious car but too long for my garage. Then I would opt for the "smallest one" the NX 450H, in the luxury trim.
Just a few questions because the fleet manager is pushing on me to place the order.
1. eCVT: is it so bad? I mean, now I drive a BMW 3 Series 320d (I know diesel is not very present in USA) but it's a car with a lot of torque. How is about performance the 450h and, above all, how much annoying is the engine sound when you push down the throttle?
2. Infotainment: does it work? I mean, I read of some problems with Apple CarPlay.
3. 12v battery. I'm a little bit scared because I read about many issues. I live in Milan, and the office is 4km far from my home. I would use the NX450H in ev mode all the week and probably I would turn on the combustion engine just in the weekend. Is it a possibile problem for the 12v battery?

The alternative to the NX would be the Audi Q5 phev, as I told the RX 350H, and the just announced new version of the BMW X3. I'm very tempted to wait this last one, but....they still have to begin the production and honestly, there are too many lights in the cabin for my personal tastes...

Thanks a lot for any advice you'll give me (and forgive my Italian English).

Alessandro
1. eCVT is not bad at all. If you drive the car mostly in EV mode you won't even notice the eCVT.
2. CarPlay issues. I rarely get a connectivity issue with connecting to CarPlay. Typically would see issues when I remote start and my phone is close to the car and it tries to connect, but when I reboot the infotainment it works fine.
3. 12V battery - I had a battery replaced, but I drive 600meters to the gym in the morning and 600m home. Any car when driven this short distance would cause 12V issues. However, many people have had 12V battery issues even when driven further away. Never have the car running on ACC mode and keep the car running when you idle rather than turning it off to save energy. At this time it does seem that if you just let the car idle for 15 mins it will help charge up the 12V battery. I typically just let it run and check emails in the car.