NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Sleeping in my NX450h+

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-24, 07:43 PM
drox
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Sleeping in my NX450h+

I went to a cottage this weekend and there weren't enough beds so I slept in my NX!

The air mattress was perfectly sized for both the NX and me at 178 cm 70 inches, any bigger mattress would not have fit. Also anyone taller than 6 feet might find it uncomfortable to lie back there. https://a.co/d/05Deyveb

The window screens did a great job of keeping bugs out, they also provided some good shade. It rained a bit one night and I was surprised they kept the rain out too. I realized after when reviewing the pics that the screen rode up the side of the door on the right side, it was down lower through the night. https://a.co/d/02Rswul1

I saw a tip on the RAV4Prime reddit about flipping the headrests to support the top of the air mattress. That worked well but they do not clip this way and can fall out. It can be solved by bringing the front seats a little closer.

The following 2 users liked this post by drox:
rational (07-02-24), rx300mm (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:32 AM
gamma742
Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Being that you have a 450h+ why not stay in ready mode with climate control on. I would get a more restful night with climate control.
Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM
drox
Driver

Originally Posted by gamma742
Being that you have a 450h+ why not stay in ready mode with climate control on. I would get a more restful night with climate control.
We thought about it...The first problem is the exterior lights remain on, potentially disturbing the people sleeping in tents and trailers. The second problem is the car automatically shuts off after 1 hour when in P. We would have had to leave it in neutral or drive but with brake hold on, I had concerns with both of these.

However, we decided it was not needed as it was a cool Canadian night. Maybe you live somewhere hot so you think climate control is necessary.
Old Yesterday, 02:36 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 572 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by drox
We thought about it...The first problem is the exterior lights remain on, potentially disturbing the people sleeping in tents and trailers. The second problem is the car automatically shuts off after 1 hour when in P. We would have had to leave it in neutral or drive but with brake hold on, I had concerns with both of these.

However, we decided it was not needed as it was a cool Canadian night. Maybe you live somewhere hot so you think climate control is necessary.
When you open the door, it will say auto power off after an hour. You can select No and it shouldn't auto power off.
Old Today, 06:15 AM
drox
Driver

Originally Posted by lsft
When you open the door, it will say auto power off after an hour. You can select No and it shouldn't auto power off.
I never thought about doing that, maybe next time...
Old Today, 10:59 AM
gamma742
Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

The lights are a problem on the canadian models, I have heard due to auto running lights being the Law?
Old Today, 12:17 PM
drox
Driver

Yep, Canada requires daytime running lights.