IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

Raceland Coilovers installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-24, 05:30 PM
shutterguy
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Raceland Coilovers installed

Decided to tackle this myself as I had plenty of tools to do and looking at the install video on Raceland's page, it looked pretty simple. Now, fair warning, Raceland couldn't confirm whether the IS250 (06-13) coilovers they sell, would work for the ISC. Everything I found says they will bolt right up, the ISC is about 200lbs heavier.

Took most of the day to do it, started at 930 in the morning, had everything installed and wheels back on by 5. I don't have a lift so I was using 4 jack stands and a standard jack, which after doing this I am running out to get a low profile one. Bought a bottle of Permatex Anti-Sieze for the threads. Front was pretty easy to do, I bought the ball joint separator tool, didn't even need it. Spent 30min looking for a cotter pin which I thought I lost, it ended up on the magnetic end of my work light. The rear was a pain in ***, mostly because getting the bolts back into the hub where the lower control arm attaches was a project with the coilover installed. This was my fault as I raised the coilovers to their highest setting, so I had to adjust them down to a middle setting while using a jack under the control arm to raise it to meet the hub mounting hole. Used a digital caliper to measure wheel gap distance, them pulled the wheels off, and adjusted the coilovers to cover that distance. Only had to adjust the fronts once, the rears twice as they were too low especially with the top down. I got the "Check Headlight System" warning, realized that I messed up the orientation of the ride height sensor on the drivers side rear control link, unbolted it and put it back the right way, no more warning message. Gotta let the coilovers settle then get an alignment, called my dealer, they are not sure if they can get it on the rack due to it being lowered, we'll see. So far I love the look, a little stiffer ride, steering seems more responsive, the front piece under the bumper scrapes occasionally.

Last edited by shutterguy; 07-02-24 at 05:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
primavera (07-03-24)
Old 07-03-24, 05:41 AM
primavera
Instructor

Received 312 Likes on 263 Posts

Looks great!
The following users liked this post:
shutterguy (07-03-24)