GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Connection issue between the phone and car after the collision

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-24, 07:50 PM
msdmsdmsd
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Connection issue between the phone and car after the collision

A few days ago, a pickup truck backed into the front right side of my car in a parking lot. Since then, sometimes when I use a USB cable to connect my phone to the car, the connection intermittently cuts out. Bluetooth seems to work fine. I'm considering two possible reasons: the collision may have affected internal electronic circuits, or interruptions could be due to the phone overheating in hot weather (after removing the phone case and trying again, I haven't encountered the issue yet, but more testing is needed to confirm). Typically, I need to unplug and reconnect to establish the connection again. Has anyone experienced issues with USB cable connections to cars due to phone overheating in summer?
Old 07-04-24, 07:14 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,122 Likes on 1,513 Posts

Originally Posted by msdmsdmsd
A few days ago, a pickup truck backed into the front right side of my car in a parking lot. Since then, sometimes when I use a USB cable to connect my phone to the car, the connection intermittently cuts out. Bluetooth seems to work fine. I'm considering two possible reasons: the collision may have affected internal electronic circuits, or interruptions could be due to the phone overheating in hot weather (after removing the phone case and trying again, I haven't encountered the issue yet, but more testing is needed to confirm). Typically, I need to unplug and reconnect to establish the connection again. Has anyone experienced issues with USB cable connections to cars due to phone overheating in summer?
Your problem may be from overheating, but I'd try making sure the phone has the most recent update and turning it off and re-starting it. Restarting the smart phone often takes care of quirky, unexpected problems, much the same as re-booting a PC...

Most connection problems with a phone not connecting (or dropping the connection) to a vehicle is associated with the Bluetooth connection, not when using a cable to USB.