Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Link Mismatch?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-24, 04:06 AM
Carbuff2
Intermediate

Received 189 Likes on 135 Posts
Default Link Mismatch?

The past couple days we have been advised of a Link Mismatch when clicking on the Forum's post notifications in our email.

I know its a First World Problem, but can you fix it? Thx

Windows 11, Thunderbird email, both updated recently.
Old 07-03-24, 04:54 PM
IB JT
IB Staff

Received 62 Likes on 56 Posts

This is normal and this isn't something we can fix. We use an external provider to deliver our emails, in part to comply with the ever changing rules and guidelines.

Originally Posted by Carbuff2
The past couple days we have been advised of a Link Mismatch when clicking on the Forum's post notifications in our email.

I know its a First World Problem, but can you fix it? Thx

Windows 11, Thunderbird email, both updated recently.
Old 07-03-24, 05:24 PM
Carbuff2
Intermediate

But, it JUST started happening....

SOMETHING changed.

The Jaguarforums.com uses the same forum software as ClubLexus, without issue. Yes, I realize that delivery of post/topic email notifications might differ.

If you can't fix it, I'll just go directly to the ClubLexus forums, and not help WHOEVER (sendgrid.net) track me.
Old 07-03-24, 05:34 PM
IB JT
IB Staff

Edited:

I will look further into this. It does appear ClubLexus' URLs changed within the last 2 days.

I think this may have been a result of some additional updates with the email setup to isolate the sites within the network, but they have been sent through sendgrid for over 30 days now. As stated, this was done to comply with the guidelines and rules that email providers have been making and requiring us to "pass" in order for the emails to be delivered. Yes, having an understanding of engagement is always a benefit but was it not the purpose behind these changes.

Originally Posted by Carbuff2
But, it JUST started happening....

SOMETHING changed.

The Jaguarforums.com uses the same forum software as ClubLexus, without issue. Yes, I realize that delivery of post/topic email notifications might differ.

If you can't fix it, I'll just go directly to the ClubLexus forums, and not help WHOEVER (sendgrid.net) track me.
The following users liked this post:
Carbuff2 (07-04-24)
Old 07-06-24, 06:54 AM
pamelajune21
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Password Reset Link error

Originally Posted by IB JT
Edited:

I will look further into this. It does appear ClubLexus' URLs changed within the last 2 days.

I think this may have been a result of some additional updates with the email setup to isolate the sites within the network, but they have been sent through sendgrid for over 30 days now. As stated, this was done to comply with the guidelines and rules that email providers have been making and requiring us to "pass" in order for the emails to be delivered. Yes, having an understanding of engagement is always a benefit but was it not the purpose behind these changes.
The forgot password URL link being sent out in the standard e-mails is incorrect also. I had to set up a different logon to be able to send this.
Old 07-07-24, 01:32 AM
IB JT
IB Staff

Originally Posted by pamelajune21
The forgot password URL link being sent out in the standard e-mails is incorrect also. I had to set up a different logon to be able to send this.
What do you mean it is incorrect? The links all are going through Sendgrid, however, they still should function normally as they are passed.

Old 07-07-24, 01:39 PM
Carbuff2
Intermediate

@IB JT Just reporting that the issue went away the other day.