RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Rx350 fsport Highway vibration

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-24, 11:51 AM
oofzitzjack
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rx350 fsport Highway vibration

When driving on the highway, at 75 miles or up, I felt the front vibrate. passenger seat also felt the vibration. Is it a problem with the four-wheel alignment or the tires?

I talk to dealer they say cant drive that fast to check it, but slow driving is normal, only drive 75 miles and up feel the Steering wheel vibration.

Any ideas on this? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by oofzitzjack; 07-09-24 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-09-24, 02:58 PM
dvscycles
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Make sure the tires are not over inflated and cold pressure is set to the number on the drivers side door tag.
If that doesn't work get to a tire shop not the dealer and have the balancing checked.
The following 2 users liked this post by dvscycles:
coolbrazz (Today), Urlik (07-09-24)
Old 07-09-24, 05:44 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,560 Likes on 1,824 Posts

Road force balance good chance that will solve your problem unless you have a tire out of round. Vibration unaaceptable regardless of speed.
The following 2 users liked this post by mikemu30:
coolbrazz (Today), NJLEXES (07-10-24)
Old 07-10-24, 07:30 AM
Carbuff2
Intermediate

Received 215 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Road force balance good chance that will solve your problem unless you have a tire out of round. Vibration unaaceptable regardless of speed.
Agree...

First diagnostic should be to rotate tires front<-> back. If the vibration changes perceptibly, its a tire.

Potholes are tire-killers!
The following users liked this post:
pedser (Today)
Old 07-10-24, 11:40 AM
omar33
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a 350h and have similar issue, at around 77mph. Its a minor vibration but one that can be felt through the seats. I could swear when they first rotated my tires it became worse but could just be me. I called all tire shops in my area to road force balance but none offered that service. It is not a big enough nuisance for me to take further action.
Old 07-10-24, 12:44 PM
Carbuff2
Intermediate

Received 215 Likes on 154 Posts

I called all tire shops in my area to road force balance but none offered that service.
Wow, we have several within 20 miles of us that provide the service.

Kind of 'techhy' and made for the trade, but here is a description of what a RF Balancer can do:

https://www.hunter.com/wheel-balance...d-force-elite/

Type your ZIP Code into "Locate a balancer" on that page to see if there is a shop nearby..

Old 07-10-24, 12:46 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by omar33
I have a 350h and have similar issue, at around 77mph. Its a minor vibration but one that can be felt through the seats. I could swear when they first rotated my tires it became worse but could just be me. I called all tire shops in my area to road force balance but none offered that service. It is not a big enough nuisance for me to take further action.
Through the seats usually indicates a balance issue on one of the REAR wheels.
Old 07-11-24, 04:51 AM
oofzitzjack
Driver School Candidate

Default steering wheel problem

This noise is annoying, sometime when i start the car and drive cant heard it and its nomarl, but after driving for a while it start this noise
any advice ? Thx
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_9946.mov (19.75 MB, 27 views)
Old 09-09-24, 12:30 PM
jrussell
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2023 RX 350h Rear Vibration

Originally Posted by omar33
My wife's 2023 RX 350h has the same problem. I first felt it at 77mph and we have taken it to the dealership 4 times and the 4th time was today. The first time they told us that the wheels needed balancing but after test driving the problem was still there. The second time they told us 2 of the brand new tires were out of round. After waiting 6 weeks for new Goodyear tires the problem was still there. The 3rd time we told them we still have the problem and replaced the bad tires. They told us the tires were out of round. So, having soured on Goodyear tires, we replaced all 4 tires with BFGoodrich tires. Yes, the vibration was still there. Today, we took it back in for the 4th time and told them it IS NOT the tires. We just got it back and they said 3 of the 4 tires were out of balance. We test-drove it on the interstate and the problem is still there. I have called Brand Engagement and we are starting the lemon law process which is our second time (our 2022 RX 350 was a lemon).
Old 09-09-24, 01:14 PM
oofzitzjack
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jrussell
My wife's 2023 RX 350h has the same problem. I first felt it at 77mph and we have taken it to the dealership 4 times and the 4th time was today. The first time they told us that the wheels needed balancing but after test driving the problem was still there. The second time they told us 2 of the brand new tires were out of round. After waiting 6 weeks for new Goodyear tires the problem was still there. The 3rd time we told them we still have the problem and replaced the bad tires. They told us the tires were out of round. So, having soured on Goodyear tires, we replaced all 4 tires with BFGoodrich tires. Yes, the vibration was still there. Today, we took it back in for the 4th time and told them it IS NOT the tires. We just got it back and they said 3 of the 4 tires were out of balance. We test-drove it on the interstate and the problem is still there. I have called Brand Engagement and we are starting the lemon law process which is our second time (our 2022 RX 350 was a lemon).
My 24 rx350 also vibrates at high speeds. I don't know if it's a wheel balance problem. I asked the dealer and they said it's over 65mph so they can't road test, Now I'm trying to do a high-speed balance to see if it helps. I deeply sympathize with your experience. I hope balance will fix my problem.

So wat do you think caused the vibration of ur car? Shocks? or engine?
Old 09-09-24, 06:55 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jrussell
don't blame Goodyear- we have them on our 24 and the ride is silky smooth even at 80 mph.
The following users liked this post:
ColoradoDavid (09-09-24)
Old 09-10-24, 12:01 PM
SKGX
Driver

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

I have not personally felt a 'vibration' at high speed, but have other small gripes. I feel that the car has more of a lack of stability feel at higher speeds. It seems to flex very easily, and I have the F-Sport and mostly use Sport Mode when driving. I have some braces on order and will see if they tighten up the feel/ride somewhat. Another feeling during normal driving that I really dislike is what feels like a transbrake being utilized at low speeds when you let off the gas. I do know that the CVT can be known to do that (on other vehicles that utilize a CVT Trans) when letting off the gas. It will not roll/glide at speed, rather has a sensation of slight braking. So when driving at low speeds where you are constantly touch & go with the gas pedal, it has a very jerky ride (front to back feeling). And again, that just makes it feel like a loose ride too, and in no way luxurious.
Old 09-10-24, 05:59 PM
John89
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by SKGX
I have not personally felt a 'vibration' at high speed, but have other small gripes. I feel that the car has more of a lack of stability feel at higher speeds. It seems to flex very easily, and I have the F-Sport and mostly use Sport Mode when driving. I have some braces on order and will see if they tighten up the feel/ride somewhat. Another feeling during normal driving that I really dislike is what feels like a transbrake being utilized at low speeds when you let off the gas. I do know that the CVT can be known to do that (on other vehicles that utilize a CVT Trans) when letting off the gas. It will not roll/glide at speed, rather has a sensation of slight braking. So when driving at low speeds where you are constantly touch & go with the gas pedal, it has a very jerky ride (front to back feeling). And again, that just makes it feel like a loose ride too, and in no way luxurious.
Do you have the proactive safety features fully turned off? As if you don't have the off the car will automatically apply brakes at high speed cornering, or if it senses your going to fast and near other cars. It also sensors other things which may trigger that feel as it may brake particular wheels etc..
Old Today, 06:45 AM
jrussell
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by oofzitzjack
My 24 rx350 also vibrates at high speeds. I don't know if it's a wheel balance problem. I asked the dealer and they said it's over 65mph so they can't road test, Now I'm trying to do a high-speed balance to see if it helps. I deeply sympathize with your experience. I hope balance will fix my problem.

So wat do you think caused the vibration of ur car? Shocks? or engine?
It feels like the right rear area. The steering wheel has also started to vibrate at 76mph. I contacted Lexus and a case manager contacted me yesterday to collect information. She will be following up today or Monday
Old Today, 06:57 AM
jrussell
3rd Gear

It is definitely not the Goodyear tires or the new tires. Since others are experiencing this, I guess that it is a defective part. The steering has started to shake also.

Quick Reply: Rx350 fsport Highway vibration