ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Premium Audio System Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-24, 11:06 AM
Red112fl
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Premium Audio System Upgrade

I finally replaced the corner dash speakers in my 2024 ES 350 Non Mark Levinson System with 3.5" Infinity 307REF speakers. Bought them on sale at Crutchfield for $75.00 (free shipping) Had them professionally installed by a mobile installer for $100.00. The factory system were flimsy, made of plastic and typical poor quality speakers manufactured in Vietnam. The infinity's were robust construction and were significantly better quality. They fit flush with the speaker grills. The upgraded speakers have much improved clarity (higher end) and transmit low-end bass signals much better. Did not change out the front door speakers as they carry low end bass signals only. Installer told me that replacing them with co-axials would do nothing to improve the sound stage. I will post pictures showing the two different speakers and the final installation once someone tells me how to transfer them from my android phone to this thread.

Well worth the cost!
The following 5 users liked this post by Red112fl:
Denzlex (07-14-24), JLeis (Yesterday), LexFinally (07-14-24), rd8a (07-14-24), TerryNVA (Yesterday)
Old 07-13-24, 04:26 PM
DocEnuf
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

upload pictures to your Email, then from your email download to your PC (if that's what your posting from) into a file of your choice. Most pick picture files. then you can select and post here from that file to your post thread.
Brian
Old 07-14-24, 10:21 AM
rd8a
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Red112fl
I finally replaced the corner dash speakers in my 2024 ES 350 Non Mark Levinson System with 3.5" Infinity 307REF speakers. Bought them on sale at Crutchfield for $75.00 (free shipping) Had them professionally installed by a mobile installer for $100.00. The factory system were flimsy, made of plastic and typical poor quality speakers manufactured in Vietnam. The infinity's were robust construction and were significantly better quality. They fit flush with the speaker grills. The upgraded speakers have much improved clarity (higher end) and transmit low-end bass signals much better. Did not change out the front door speakers as they carry low end bass signals only. Installer told me that replacing them with co-axials would do nothing to improve the sound stage. I will post pictures showing the two different speakers and the final installation once someone tells me how to transfer them from my android phone to this thread.

Well worth the cost!
Encouraging! What about the center dash speaker?
Old 07-14-24, 12:25 PM
Red112fl
Driver School Candidate

No need to replace center dash speaker. It is 5 ohm speaker, not 4 ohm (as is required for the corner dash speakers) and amplifies phone only. I'm not exaggerating when I say that the clarity, separation, frequency response (both low and high end) improved ten-fold. Anyone who considers themself and audiophile should swap out the front dash speakers. You won't realize how flat the factory speakers were until you do this.
Old 07-14-24, 01:31 PM
Red112fl
Driver School Candidate

Default Pictures of Stock vs. Infinity 3.5" Dash Speakers

Originally Posted by DocEnuf
upload pictures to your Email, then from your email download to your PC (if that's what your posting from) into a file of your choice. Most pick picture files. then you can select and post here from that file to your post thread.
Brian
Here are the pictures. Side by side comparison of front and rear sides of the factory speaker and Infinity 307REF speaker. Photo of the Infinity installed in the dash.

Front side of stock & Infinity speakers

Back side of stock and Infinity speakers

Magnet of Infinity speaker

Magnet of stock speaker

Installed Infinity speaker
Old 07-14-24, 11:01 PM
Denzlex
Pit Crew

Received 88 Likes on 52 Posts

Your post has me considering installing these as well. Crutchfield’s installation notes says “In order to mount a speaker in this location, you will need to modify the speaker, speaker bracket or mounting surface by cutting or grinding off some material.” Did your installer mention if he had to do any modification?
Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Red112fl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Denzlex
Your post has me considering installing these as well. Crutchfield’s installation notes says “In order to mount a speaker in this location, you will need to modify the speaker, speaker bracket or mounting surface by cutting or grinding off some material.” Did your installer mention if he had to do any modification?
No cutting or grinding necessary. Dropped right in. The installer connected the factory wire to the leads of the speaker and crimped them on. Tightened down the speakers with a 10 mm socket. Grilles fit right over. No splicing or wiring harness necessary. You should hear the Doors' "Riders on the Storm" on Spotify. The keyboards at the intro come from the driver's side speaker; the rain and thunder come from the passenger side speaker. Incredible separation! Adjusted the controls on the touchscreen to add more bass. Wow! No need for a sub. Nice full sound filling the front cabin at 38-40 volume setting. This is an easy, inexpensive upgrade to the factory system. I could have done the whole thing myself for the cost of the speakers ($75) if I'd trusted myself with the installation, but chose to use a professional installer ($100) Pull the trigger. You won't regret it
The following users liked this post:
Denzlex (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:04 PM
ilkinandr
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

No cutting or grinding necessary. Dropped right in. The installer connected the factory wire to the leads of the speaker and crimped them on. Tightened down the speakers with a 10 mm socket. Grilles fit right over. No splicing or wiring harness necessary. You should hear the Doors' "Riders on the Storm" on Spotify. The keyboards at the intro come from the driver's side speaker; the rain and thunder come from the passenger side speaker. Incredible separation! Adjusted the controls on the touchscreen to add more bass. Wow! No need for a sub. Nice full sound filling the front cabin at 38-40 volume setting. This is an easy, inexpensive upgrade to the factory system. I could have done the whole thing myself for the cost of the speakers ($75) if I'd trusted myself with the installation, but chose to use a professional installer ($100) Pull the trigger. You won't regret it

Not sure if u can tell, but there is a mod to the mounting hole.
Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM
Red112fl
Driver School Candidate

Installer told me they fit without any modification, The modification you red-lined may have been attributable to the factory speaker fitment by Lexus workers during the car's assembly. The factory speakers were very poor quality and supplied by a third-party.
Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM
ilkinandr
Intermediate

Installer told me they fit without any modification, The modification you red-lined may have been attributable to the factory speaker fitment by Lexus workers during the car's assembly. The factory speakers were very poor quality and supplied by a third-party.
Yes the hole alignment is due to the factory speakers as they are a perfect fit. Your speakers don't have the same hole alignment as oem because they are bit shorter. I changed mine as how I know it's not a perfect fit. But one thing is true. You don't have to cut anything. Just figure out a way to secure the second screw.
Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 467 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by ilkinandr
Yes the hole alignment is due to the factory speakers as they are a perfect fit. Your speakers don't have the same hole alignment as oem because they are bit shorter. I changed mine as how I know it's not a perfect fit. But one thing is true. You don't have to cut anything. Just figure out a way to secure the second screw.
What speakers did you go with? It looks like a pretty easy DIY overall, just pop the cover, unscrew the OEM speaker, unplug the wire, and reverse the process for new speaker right?
Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM
ilkinandr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dezymond
What speakers did you go with? It looks like a pretty easy DIY overall, just pop the cover, unscrew the OEM speaker, unplug the wire, and reverse the process for new speaker right?
I went with KICKER 51KSC3504 and

METRA - Toyota 2020 Speaker harness - pair (72-8109. This allowed me to utilize oem speaker connectors without cutting any wires. You will be able to secure the speaker with one screw no issues and second one you will have to use washers or something. Because as previously mentioned, the mounting hole spacing are not the same on oem and aftermarket

Old Today, 05:43 AM
F3Woody
Intermediate

Received 203 Likes on 127 Posts

3.5" Infinity 307REF speakers. Bought them on sale at Crutchfield for $75.00 (free shipping) !
Looks like Amazon has them at the same price. Man, I love/hate when you people get me thinking about buying things!
Old Today, 02:03 PM
MAMOSKO
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Default So Right!

Originally Posted by F3Woody
Looks like Amazon has them at the same price. Man, I love/hate when you people get me thinking about buying things!
Amen to that! Something I don't really need that won't get out of my mind now. I'll submit pictures when I'm done. Ha
Old Today, 04:43 PM
Red112fl
Driver School Candidate

Default Crutchfield vs. Amazon

Originally Posted by F3Woody
Crutchfield told me that I could return for a full refund within 60 days, even if I have installed the speakers and decided against them after listening (but you won't) . Two-day shipping is free too. Whereas, Amazon only gives you 30 days to return and unless you are a Prime member, you'll have to pay for shipping. Both vendors sell them for $75.00. Speaking of things to buy.... have you purchased the center console tray yet? Three color options, a perfect fit, only $20 and helps to keep the center console organized instead of being one cavernous pit.