IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

Best Coilovers for IS500?

Search this Thread

Old Today, 02:19 PM
Ganyu
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best Coilovers for IS500?

I want to lower my car while also stiffening up the drive a little bit. The two coilover brands I'm looking at are RR-Racing and RS-R, but I've read that sometimes these coilovers have issues like sagging or just looking unbalanced. Does anyone have any preferences or any advice?
Old Today, 02:29 PM
snowyblue
Driver

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

if the coilovers sag, you just adjust them to raise which ever is sagging. different from springs where you are screwed if they sag. i have the rsr active coilovers on my 500 and they are pretty good
Old Today, 02:36 PM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 358 Likes on 158 Posts

LEMS is another option for coilovers also BC Racing releasing DS-Series for the IS500 according to Figs Engineering's site
The following users liked this post:
Shoeboy4 (Today)
Old Today, 04:49 PM
theEZV
Driver School Candidate

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ganyu
I want to lower my car while also stiffening up the drive a little bit. The two coilover brands I'm looking at are RR-Racing and RS-R, but I've read that sometimes these coilovers have issues like sagging or just looking unbalanced. Does anyone have any preferences or any advice?
You're probably thinking of the lowering spring options. Coilovers are height adjustable. There are virtually no real world reviews of any of the (very few) coilovers. Now that these cars are available in Japan, hopefully we get a few more options. The lack of aftermarket support for these cars when it comes to suspension options is really disappointing. I had KWs on my last 2 cars, I am hoping they eventually bring set of V2s to market, but at this point it doesn't look likely.
Old Today, 07:32 PM
Pandonsf
Pit Crew

Received 71 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by theEZV
You're probably thinking of the lowering spring options. Coilovers are height adjustable. There are virtually no real world reviews of any of the (very few) coilovers. Now that these cars are available in Japan, hopefully we get a few more options. The lack of aftermarket support for these cars when it comes to suspension options is really disappointing. I had KWs on my last 2 cars, I am hoping they eventually bring set of V2s to market, but at this point it doesn't look likely.
I spoke to KW, they have no plans on developing anything. They said if we could find 10 people and a local car they would develop a kit and waive the R&D fee.
Old Today, 07:38 PM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Received 142 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Pandonsf
I spoke to KW, they have no plans on developing anything. They said if we could find 10 people and a local car they would develop a kit and waive the R&D fee.
Did they mention if they would be AVS compatible? If so, I'd be interested.
Old Today, 07:46 PM
Pandonsf
Pit Crew

Received 71 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Phresh2010
they didn’t mention. But would be great if we could get a group together to make this happen
Old Today, 07:59 PM
theEZV
Driver School Candidate

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Pandonsf
Too bad. 10 people could be a possibility if we could get the people in the facebook groups involved, but doesn't seem like too many people are looking to go the coilover route. It's all guys asking about which exhaust is best

Originally Posted by Phresh2010
For me, not a factor at all. The range of adjustment on the stock system seems very narrow anyway. I don't even need adjustable dampening, just a properly engineered set and forget coilover that will ride reasonably well, last, and be dead quiet.