RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Lexus 2024 RX500h steering wheel stiff on the left and loose on the right

Search this Thread

Old Today, 12:24 PM
Lexussu
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Lexus 2024 RX500h steering wheel stiff on the left and loose on the right

I just got a new 2024 RX500h. On the day I drove it home, I felt the steering was off because the stiffness was different on the two sides, and the steering wheel looked a little bit to the left when the car went straight. So, I thought it was a little bit off. The dealer did the alignment and said that, in this model, the steering wheel is not parallel to the dash, but they still adjusted the steering wheel for me. However, I still feel the stiffness is different on the two sides. They then reset the computer and calibrated the sensor (because it has electric steering). That made the steering better, but I still feel a little difference: the left side is stiffer, and the right side is looser. The dealer said the two sides are the same and everything is good. I don't know what I should do. Does anyone have the same issue with the new RX models?
Old Today, 02:45 PM
Lexussu
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just figured out a way to confirm my suspicion. There is a function on the dashboard that displays the G-force to show the car's braking, acceleration, and left and right turning. I noticed that the G-force meter indicated a slight left turn (G-force to the right) from time to time, even when I was driving straight, but it did not show a right turn. I believe this proves that my feeling is correct. This suggests that the detector in the car senses the left side as stiff, making it feel like there is a left turn. I am not sure what causes this issue with the steering wheel. It could be the sensor, or perhaps the rack is deformed.
Old Today, 04:08 PM
Lexus1998
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If it showing that, all that means is your steering wheel isn't centered. That is actually an easy fix, just go dealer and have them recenter the steering wheel. Once the center it everything will feel right and you should see it zero in center.