SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SRS light and seat recliner followup post seat recover

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM
grottoman
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SRS light and seat recliner followup post seat recover

Hello all- I found this very helpful thread with two great diagrams, but with the thread being from back in 2011, I thought I'd start a new one rather than add on to an old one...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...t-on-dash.html

I've given it to my niece on her 16th birthday 5 years ago, and took it back to work on it while she was away for a bit. So now I'm trying to get it back to her with improvements (timing belt, water pump, antenna swap, hood wrap, new seat covers, etc).

So I just had her 2003 sc430 front seats reupholstered at a local shop.
In the 7-10 days it was there, the battery died and was disconnected / dead and then replaced, so the seats may have been out when the battery was disconnected, etc.
Upon pickup, the airbag light was on.
They took the seats back out and checked the connectors on the seat, all seemed ok.
But the light is still on.
Today I went to a Lexus certified tech 3rd party mechanic shop, and they ran diag on the SRS system and showed driver and passenger open circuit squib codes, plus a passenger side seatbelt code.
In addition, the passenger seat motors are all working except the recliner lever.
(I also went to a Lexus dealer who declined to help in anyway, claiming that the reupholstery by a third party meant they wouldn't work on the car).

Having found the diagrams linked in the thread above (attached here as well), it seems likely to me that while they checked the connectors in the seats, they may have loosened or dislodged the connectors below the seat...

It seems to me that it's likely / possible that
B13- the right hand seat occupancy sensor / connector
P32- the right hand / passenger seat reclining motor connector
S26- left hand / driver side airbag squib
S27- right hand / passenger side airbag squib

were all either loosened or dislodged during the removal and replacement of the seats. Does that seem possible?

Also- they reupholstered the side fabric on both doors as well (above the armrest- can't seem to upload the image of this). Is there a chance connectors or wires were dislodged or loosened in that area of the doors, that could cause the open circuits in the two squibs?

Thank you for any feedback.

(BTW, we disconnected the battery for a half hour and reconnected, but both the mechanic and dealer said the system gets tested on each startup so no battery reset has any effect).

Attached Thumbnails SRS light and seat recliner followup post seat recover-sc430door.png   SRS light and seat recliner followup post seat recover-sc430door.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
seat components.pdf (142.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: pdf
seat wiring.pdf (58.1 KB, 2 views)
Old Today, 10:09 AM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 487 Likes on 407 Posts

Yes, I agree it sounds like they didn't plug in all the wires. My guess is you can look under the seat from the back and see if you can see the wire harnesses. You can make sure they are all tight. You are particularly looking for the yellow ones.