HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

My car said turn off power and I did then it got stuck in gear, had to disconnect bat

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:08 AM
Erockzny
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car said turn off power and I did then it got stuck in gear, had to disconnect bat

Scary situation just happened 200 miles away from home at a job,y car was running ans I was charging my phone and I'm parked

I got do something for 5 minutes come back and now my dash says turn off car so i.do, I turn it back on and all the lights are and warm AC was blowing out

So I disconnected the battery once and plug it back still nothing

I do it again for a little while longer and this time it worked and my car is normal

Has this ever happened to anyone? My car has 210,000 miles and I did get the transmission replaced with the recall
Old Yesterday, 06:22 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,162 Likes on 990 Posts

Get it scanned for stored codes. Most chain auto parts stores do this for free.
Check your coolant. Both engine and hybrid cooling systems. Check oil level.
I wonder if one of the thermo sensors for one of the electric cooling fans on the radiator has failed allowing it to overheat while stationary idling which lead to your situation. I think there are 2 fans and one turns on with the A/C while the other depends on engine temperature.
Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Erockzny
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Clutchless
Get it scanned for stored codes. Most chain auto parts stores do this for free.
Check your coolant. Both engine and hybrid cooling systems. Check oil level.
I wonder if one of the thermo sensors for one of the electric cooling fans on the radiator has failed allowing it to overheat while stationary idling which lead to your situation. I think there are 2 fans and one turns on with the A/C while the other depends on engine temperature.

there is a possibility I didn't completely turn on the car and it was sitting there with the AC on running. Im not sure, I made it home fine so hopefully it was that. Its just scary when something like that happens, I was far in upstate NY and it would have been a nightmare had I not been able to start the car. luckily I remembered the battery trick. Had to do it twice though.

for some reason im scared to charge anything with high voltage in my car, the last time this happened in brooklyn I needed to get a jump because the back battery either went dead or drained out, but the car was on and my co worker was charging his phone, I noticed with the ampere app, if you turn on the car and rev the engine it will make more power come out of the charging cable, tried this on a co workers car thats another make and model. I had this happen on my old infinit, I was parked and was using I think a 350 watt inverter, that goes into the cig ligher and I ended up runing my alternator in my car doing that.

some of the chargers have fast charging and uses more watts these days, so I dont know if that might have something to do with it.
Old Today, 04:53 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,162 Likes on 990 Posts

That is possible. Still, you ought to get it scanned.