IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Got a JDM import with low low kms. Thoughts on service?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM
interalian
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a JDM import with low low kms. Thoughts on service?

Hi,
I picked up a 2009 ISF from Japan in April and it only has 58,000km on it now, only had 54,500 on it when imported. I have registration information showing it only got about 5000km on it since 2019 too. I have extensive and complete service history for the car's life in Japan but age will tell vs accumulated kilometers.
So
Can you suggest preventive measures I should take to cover items that could be aged-out rather than worn out? My short list:
-accessory belt
-coolant
-ATF and filter
Other things maybe?
Thanks!

PFA: I took it to the track in June and the instructor who drove it said it was the best stock car he ever drove there, and that included an AMG GTR the week prior. (I'm afraid my bs meter was heading to the redline with that comment, but...). Only suggested putting on better brake pads, not that the originals weren't good tho.

Old Today, 10:15 AM
Lushman
Pit Crew

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts

The major variable I've just learned about the JDM import ISF's from a guy I know who has one, is the OBD2 port/diagnostics/navigation is all in Japanese, so getting a scan and performing diagnostics for codes from the average shop might not be AS easy. You may have to go to a shop that specializes in JDM cars to toubleshoot trouble codes. He said there's a guy who sells a re-flashed hard-drive to update all the menus etc. to English, but I don't drive an imported model, so I didn't write down the details.