LC Model (2018-present)

"There is no 1,000 mile service"

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM
cburke71
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default "There is no 1,000 mile service"

Me: "Hi, I'm here for an appointment for a state safety inspection and a 1K service. I couldn't select that service in the Lexus app, but that's what I need today."
Dealer: "There is no 1,000 mile service."
Me: "There is for the model I have."
Dealer: "Oh, what do you have?"

I'm sure this dealer will ask me if they provided "5 star service" but when I have to educate the service advisors on the basics, I'm not feeling "5 star."

I purchased my 2024 LC at a different dealer a few weeks ago--they were also unfamiliar with the car in general and the maintenance recommendations. Do I just need to get used to the fact that Lexus dealers don't know much about this model, since it's pretty rare?
Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 332 Likes on 218 Posts

There is no 1,000 miles service. Check the service manual and read what’s actually being done. Pretty much nothing. Unless you want someone to take your car for a joy ride to tell you the car is perfectly okay.

So just say, I want to get an oil and filter change. I’ll pay for it. They will immediately set you the appointment. I’m going in for mine next week.
Old Yesterday, 11:14 AM
cburke71
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NickL
There is no 1,000 miles service. Check the service manual and read what’s actually being done. Pretty much nothing. Unless you want someone to take your car for a joy ride to tell you the car is perfectly okay.
Yeah, I read page 4 of the Warranty and Services Guide, which lists "First Scheduled Maintenance Service: 30 days or 1,000 miles." I understand that the bare minimum is being done, but I wanted some dealer-only settings changed (listed under "Program Lexus Personalized Settings, if requested.") My point is that I knew about this service, and the Lexus "Master Certified" advisor did not. I'm wondering if it's common that dealerships don't know much about the LC, since I'm 0-2 so far.
The following users liked this post:
StuM (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:28 AM
zmanH2
Rookie

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cburke71
Me: "Hi, I'm here for an appointment for a state safety inspection and a 1K service. I couldn't select that service in the Lexus app, but that's what I need today."

I'm sure this dealer will ask me if they provided "5 star service" but when I have to educate the service advisors on the basics, I'm not feeling "5 star."

I purchased my 2024 LC at a different dealer a few weeks ago--they were also unfamiliar with the car in general and the maintenance recommendations. Do I just need to get used to the fact that Lexus dealers don't know much about this model, since it's pretty rare?
I just had my 1k service over the weekend. I added oil change which costs $163.

I've already gotten 1 phone voice mail and 2 text messages asking for a 5 STAR rating and it's only Wednesday LOL!
cburke71 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 220 Likes on 148 Posts

There is for me, but it’s just a general inspection
StuM (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM
dknyov
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Go with the interval every 5K, it is in the Lexus app.
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM
zmanH2
Rookie

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dknyov
Go with the interval every 5K, it is in the Lexus app.
I don't know about your Lexus app, but mine shows the 1k service maintenance. (iOS/iPhone)

StuM (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM
Nevada
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cburke71

The cars that don't use synthetic oil get 1K and 5K free services. Vehicles that use synthetic oil get a 5K and 10K free. Some service writers are inexperienced with the LC, GSF and IS500.

When you get the 5K service performed, be sure the repair order states: "oil and filter change". I have witnessed several occurrences where the service writer requests a 5K "light service" for a LC500, this is a service intended for synthetic oil vehicles that only includes a tire rotation. The lube techs won't change the oil if the repair order shows "light service".
Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM
dknyov
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by zmanH2
I don't know about your Lexus app, but mine shows the 1k service maintenance. (iOS/iPhone)

MY 2024 may different, my app shows 5K 10K 15K 20K....
Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM
85NBW
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I did the same. When I arrived I told them I had scheduled a, "1,000 mile Inspection" and wanted an oil change+filter which I would pay for.
No problem, $112.60 out the door.
Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM
zissis
Pit Crew

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

I did my 1k service WITH oil change and they charged me zero. It was the first of two free services we get.
Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by zissis
I did my 1k service WITH oil change and they charged me zero. It was the first of two free services we get.
I think this is very dealer dependent and yours is in the minority, I hope mine is too!
Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM
zissis
Pit Crew

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by np20412
I think this is very dealer dependent and yours is in the minority, I hope mine is too!
You might be correct .. I bought my bespoke with cash and they probably are just kissing my *** in hopes I buy more vehicles from them.
Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM
StuM
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

My dealer Service Writer reminded me of a 1,000 service for my ‘24 coupe, the last time I visited. Said it was just a quick, general once-over on the car, checking various “nut and bolts” and OBD readout for any codes. No cost.
Old Yesterday, 09:11 PM
Nevada
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by zissis
You redeemed your second complimentary service. Lexus will only reimburse the dealer for one oil change, if the dealer provides a second oil change free of charge it will be at the dealer's expense.
Many service writers are unaware of which vehicles get a 10K complimentary service and give this away for free.