LC Model (2018-present)

Multi info display (in dash) order keeps changing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-24 | 05:11 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Default Multi info display (in dash) order keeps changing?

Hey all, I noticed the order of elements in the MID keeps changing seemingly randomly? Does anyone know the rhyme or reason?

Sometimes my drive info 1 and 2 screens will be sequential in the order, so a single down click on the arrow gets me access to all 4 of my elements, but sometimes the driver assist screen pops in between requiring an extra click to switch between the two drive info screens.

Does this happen to anyone else? Am I doing something that causes this or is it just random buggy behavior?

It's not a big deal by any means because toggling the LTA button seems to fix it, just curious if anyone else has noticed it.
​​
Video: https://streamable.com/uirrap

Last edited by np20412; 08-11-24 at 05:40 AM.
Old 08-11-24 | 02:01 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Very Strange

Lou
Old 08-11-24 | 03:52 PM
Dukeaudio
Advanced

I just checked (ignition on, engine not running), mine does not toggle. Does this happen while driving or only when you're in Park?
Old 08-11-24 | 04:51 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Dukeaudio
I just checked (ignition on, engine not running), mine does not toggle. Does this happen while driving or only when you're in Park?
It happens on a per trip basis seemingly. Sometimes I'll start the car and takeoff and when I want to switch to the other set of drive info data, it'll be the next click. On other trips I'll start it and takeoff and then when I go to switch, I'll run into the LTA info display instead, and then the next click is the second set of drive info data. I only ever notice it when I attempt to switch and discover whether it's playing nice or not, always while driving.

At that point, if I toggle the LTA button off and on again, it fixes it and the two drive info screens are back to back again.
Old 09-04-24 | 11:44 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Just to close the loop on this thread... If you turn the car off on drive info 2 screen then the next time you start the car, the LKA screen will sandwich in between the drive info screens. If you turn the car off while viewing drive info screen 1, the next time you start the car the two drive info screens will be sequential.

I solved the problem by switching data elements so that my preferred items are both on drive info 1 so I rarely turn the car off while on drive info 2.
Old 09-04-24 | 11:59 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Originally Posted by np20412
Just to close the loop on this thread... If you turn the car off on drive info 2 screen then the next time you start the car, the LKA screen will sandwich in between the drive info screens. If you turn the car off while viewing drive info screen 1, the next time you start the car the two drive info screens will be sequential.

I solved the problem by switching data elements so that my preferred items are both on drive info 1 so I rarely turn the car off while on drive info 2.
Out of curiousity, how do you swap the data elements? I couldn't figure it out using the config screens, and the dealership wasn't able to help during my 1600km service. I admittedly haven't gone through the manual in detail to understand the steps to take. p115 seems to cover it but I've still not been able to replicate what they suggest there. Ultimately I want to adjust my drive info 1 and 2 so they're not so similar (they both have "average fuel economy" I believe). Something like "since start" fuel economy and range, and then "since refuel" on the other one. If you want to point me to the right page in the manual it'd be appreciated. Ditto for modifying the HUD to include driving directions. This was all very easy to configure on the NX loaner I had, but I can't figure it out on the LC.
Old 09-04-24 | 12:01 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mehran888
Out of curiousity, how do you swap the data elements? I couldn't figure it out using the config screens, and the dealership wasn't able to help during my 1600km service. I admittedly haven't gone through the manual in detail to understand the steps to take. p115 seems to cover it but I've still not been able to replicate what they suggest there. Ultimately I want to adjust my drive info 1 and 2 so they're not so similar (they both have "average fuel economy" I believe). Something like "since start" fuel economy and range, and then "since refuel" on the other one. If you want to point me to the right page in the manual it'd be appreciated.
If you click the settings toggle in the display (so the tach slides over) one of the setting options is "meter settings" and they are in there. Vehicle must not be in motion to change these elements

For the HUD there is a set of options for HUD in those same menus where you can toggle what you see in there. Note that HUD will only display native nav or apple CarPlay nav, if you use android auto it won't pick it up
Old 09-05-24 | 07:19 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Originally Posted by np20412
If you click the settings toggle in the display (so the tach slides over) one of the setting options is "meter settings" and they are in there. Vehicle must not be in motion to change these elements

For the HUD there is a set of options for HUD in those same menus where you can toggle what you see in there. Note that HUD will only display native nav or apple CarPlay nav, if you use android auto it won't pick it up
Thanks. For whatever reason I kept thinking it was in the head unit. Appreciate this very much! I'll give it a shot this weekend. It may also be because I'm always driving when I'm playing with the steering control buttons.