NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Digital Key not Downloaded - Try Again

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-24, 12:24 PM
New2025NX
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital Key not Downloaded - Try Again

I used to have a working Digital Key, but around the time of the recent Lexus software upgrade I started noticing that I no longer had the digital key installed in my Lexus App. Has that happened to anyone else? Everytime I try to download it I see what looks like the green line attempting to advance but then after a few seconds it goes to the Digital Key not Downloaded screen - Try again - Cancel. I've tried all the things I found from Lexus:
Issue Description:
You may experience errors when downloading Digital Key. Observed behaviors can consist of being stuck on the key download screen, an error screen appearing after timeout, or quitting the key download.
Recovery Steps: Force quit and relaunch the app. Be sure to enable only ONE data connection, WIFI or Mobile, for this step in the Digital Key download. This setting must be configured prior to starting download key.
If data connection setting is configured and download fails, then allow for 3 minutes before re-attempting download key.
If you continue to experience issues please contact the Lexus Brand Engagement Center, 1-800-...
I also tried being closer to the car or even inside the car with BT and/or Wifi connected. Does anyone have any ideas or how to conect and download?

Old 08-12-24, 12:45 PM
Droid13
Racer

Received 573 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by New2025NX
I also tried being closer to the car or even inside the car with BT and/or Wifi connected. Does anyone have any ideas or how to conect and download?
Yes, I call this Monday.

Actually, its not that bad, I think after near 18 mths of ownership its happened to my twice. In both cases my solution was to not only force close the app, but also clear all the app's cached data/settings from the phone. In this case, after launching the app it will function as if the app had never run on the phone before and require you to do a fresh logon again and completely refresh the data the app stores on the phone. If that helps...
Old 08-12-24, 12:51 PM
New2025NX
Rookie

Originally Posted by Droid13
Yes, I call this Monday.

Actually, its not that bad, I think after near 18 mths of ownership its happened to my twice. In both cases my solution was to not only force close the app, but also clear all the app's cached data/settings from the phone. In this case, after launching the app it will function as if the app had never run on the phone before and require you to do a fresh logon again and completely refresh the data the app stores on the phone. If that helps...
I don't see how to clear the app's data/settings on my iPhone. I;m looking in iPhone Settings-Lexus
Old 08-12-24, 03:55 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 600 Likes on 403 Posts

I don't see how to clear the app's data/settings on my iPhone. I;m looking in iPhone Settings-Lexus
For iPhone, you go to Settings=>General-> iPhone storage->find Lexus app->delete app

Then reinstall from app store. Not sure if it makes any difference from just uninstalling the app.

Also, check if you have any Bluetooth saved for the digital key. Remove that as well.
Old 08-12-24, 05:47 PM
New2025NX
Rookie

Thanks. After downloading the Lexus app would I thenI log on with my existing username and pw? And then go into the car and redo the Bluetooth? Is there anything else that I’d lose? Profile settings or anything like that?
Old 08-12-24, 07:18 PM
oreon333
Pit Crew

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks. After downloading the Lexus app would I thenI log on with my existing username and pw? And then go into the car and redo the Bluetooth? Is there anything else that I’d lose? Profile settings or anything like that?
After you redownload the app the procedure like usual, you log in like you used to with name and pass, you will not lose anything, everything is saven in the cloud, just follow the prompts
The following 2 users liked this post by oreon333:
lsft (08-12-24), New2025NX (08-12-24)
Old 08-14-24, 12:00 PM
New2025NX
Rookie

I wanted to thank you all. Those steps worked and my Digital Key is back. My follow-up question to all of you involves the Lexus App frequently signing me out. It seems like I'm constantly being prompted to sign back in to the app. Is there any way to reduce those log-outs? Also I allow Face Recognition on the app on my Iphone, not counting the need to recognize my face twice during a login, I have 9 (Nine) other steps to perform to simply log in. Is there a way to reduce those steps?
Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM
oreon333
Pit Crew

The app logging you out is for your security purpose. But there are some timing you can change if you want in security settings. There are timers for reauthentication that goes from immediately to 12h, mine set to 15 minutes, face ID enabled, and keep me signed in disabled. Go through your settings, you doing something wrong lol Whenever I open my app, it looks at my face and logs me in, done.
Old Today, 05:32 AM
New2025NX
Rookie

I'l give those settings a try. I do like the ability to ask Siri to start my car while I'm out taking a walk, to get the car cooler or warmer. It seems those settings might add complications to that, with "You will need to unlock your phone first" Pros and Cons, so I'll try it for awhile.
Old Today, 06:21 AM
New2025NX
Rookie

Originally Posted by oreon333
The app logging you out is for your security purpose. But there are some timing you can change if you want in security settings. There are timers for reauthentication that goes from immediately to 12h, mine set to 15 minutes, face ID enabled, and keep me signed in disabled. Go through your settings, you doing something wrong lol Whenever I open my app, it looks at my face and logs me in, done.
After some experimenting (by asking Sir to lock and unlock) I realize I have to unlock my screen with my face. That's acceptable but now I get a message "Sorry cannot remote unlock, Grant is invalid (???)"
What's that about? Also I'm still unclear what the 15 mins reauth is about. Thanks for all you help!

Last edited by New2025NX; Today at 11:08 AM.
Old Today, 09:26 PM
oreon333
Pit Crew

15 minutes is basically you login into your app with your pass and it will run in the background and you can minimize switch apps etc. then you can get back in the app any time without logging in, but after 15 mins is up, it will log you out and you have to log back in again with your pass, something along these lines I think lol, I did not really experiment, and I rarely use the app anyway.