NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Multiple drivers behaviour?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-24, 04:56 PM
Naito
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple drivers behaviour?

so how does having multiple drivers work now? I see previous threads where people complain about issues with the app, or key not saving seat/infotainment settings?

my wife and i have iphones, the car will technically be hers, is she the only one who can have the app installed and logged in? What happens when i drive while she sits in the car?
Old Yesterday, 05:44 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 576 Likes on 407 Posts

The easiest way to select profiles is to tie them to the key fob. When Drivers door is unlocked by a key fob, it will load the profile associated with that fob and also connect the phones linked to that profile to the car.

You could also do profile selection by phones, but I find that to be glitchy and not reliable.

The issue I have is that if either of you don't lock the car and the profile is changed, the linked seat sellings are messed up.

The car will save the last seat setting on that profile when the car is locked. Automatically.

Also, only 1 person can have the app with controls. Lexus does not allow household with multiple drivers to have individual vehicle controls through app with their profiles loaded in the app. This has been as issue since 2022 and still unresolved........
The following 3 users liked this post by toyotaman7:
Billst (Yesterday), Naito (Yesterday), Tom558 (Yesterday)
Old Today, 06:27 AM
Naito
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks that clears things up a lot.
so we should use our fobs as the primary identifier really, make sure we lock the doors when we exit, and whoever unlocks the doors next their profile will load?

and treat the app as a convenience thing for one person only, don’t rely on it for identity.

does that also mean we really can only have one digital key? Or is that separate from the app login issues?
Old Today, 06:53 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 576 Likes on 407 Posts

Correct. On Digital Key, Lexus says 7. I have only been successful on installing digital keys on 3 profiles (Primary + 2 other drivers). Digital keys work for the most part.

Other drivers will not have access to see the cars location, set their navigation destinations and favorites, but I think they now can remote start the car. I have to check the latest update. At one point remote start was also not available.
The following users liked this post:
Naito (Today)