LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Please help, 2010 ls460 direct port injector replacement and installation

Search this Thread

Old Today, 03:11 AM
magnat
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 ls460 direct port injector replacement and installation

Hello,please help,with 2010 ls460 direct port injector replacement and installation..do I need new seals for injector tip side,which goes into cylinder head?they are plastic ones..how to properly seat them(both sides)What sealant to use for installation?Also anymore replaced injector conectors,they brake apart...sold separately?rewire them?or just remove pins?thanks in advance

Last edited by magnat; Today at 04:15 PM.
Old Today, 03:12 AM
magnat
3rd Gear

Default Please help

Hello,please help,with 2010 ls460 direct port injector replacement and installation..do I need new seals for injector tip side,which goes into cylinder head?they are plastic ones..how to properly seat them(both sides)What sealant to use for installation?Also anymore replaced injector conectors,they brake apart...sold separately?rewire them?or just remove pins?thanks in advance

Old Today, 05:46 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,285 Likes on 994 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Lots of posts on this subject. Forum etiquette is to do a search on the forum before asking procedure questions. You'll not only find what you're asking but advice on choosing OEM vs non, also if programming is required. Other than oil and similar, the LS is very computer centric and often requires TechStream software of other capable software. Good luck with your project and ask again if the search doesn't give you answers.
The following users liked this post:
magnat (Today)
Old Today, 08:47 AM
Logicallychallenged
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Might help to put your subject problem in the Title. Many will treat strange cryptic messages for “help” as bot spam.
Old Today, 01:52 PM
Nospinzone

Received 424 Likes on 327 Posts

Good advice swfla, and thanks Logic, I edited the thread title.
Old Today, 02:17 PM
BB9
Pit Crew

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

These connectors are known to break. There are black ones on one side of the engine and the grey ones on the other side. They are sold separately and I believe it is preferable to buy grey connectors for either side because they made out of better plastic. I think all the information you need you can find in this thread
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...ce-manual.html
Old Today, 04:25 PM
magnat
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by BB9
These connectors are known to break. There are black ones on one side of the engine and the grey ones on the other side. They are sold separately and I believe it is preferable to buy grey connectors for either side because they made out of better plastic. I think all the information you need you can find in this thread
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...ce-manual.html
hi,thanks for advice,I read this post and bought connectors ,replaced them.
that post has a lot of useful info...
my concern was about bottom nylon seal installation,understood that without special tool,they can't be replaced.. also been looking info how to seat injectors properly...to the rail first,then to cylinder head.
Old Today, 05:20 PM
BB9
Pit Crew

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by magnat
hi,thanks for advice,I read this post and bought connectors ,replaced them.
that post has a lot of useful info...
my concern was about bottom nylon seal installation,understood that without special tool,they can't be replaced.. also been looking info how to seat injectors properly...to the rail first,then to cylinder head.
I see. If everything else fails try TIS. TIS portal ( https://techinfo.toyota.com/ ) might have the information you're looking for. I used that portal for the electrical schematics and some other stuff in the past. I think they have engine repair manuals as well. You can buy 2 days subscription for $25 and download whatever you need.
The following users liked this post:
magnat (Today)