Lexus/Toyota Quality--CR

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM
romer
Intermediate

Received 155 Likes on 109 Posts
Default Lexus/Toyota Quality--CR

Aug. 27th CBS:

"Americans in the market for a used vehicle can cut their risk of having trouble down the road by considering some brands over others, with Lexus and Toyota topping a newly published list by Consumer Reports.

The nonprofit research and advocacy group's first-ever ranking of 26 brands has Lexus and Toyota holding a commanding advantage over third-placed Mazda. All three brands have held consistent average or better reliability ratings over the years, Consumer Reports noted.

"Brands like Lexus and Toyota have a history of conservative redesigns, incrementally improving their entire product line, rather than introducing many all-new systems," said Steven Elek, senior automotive data analyst at Consumer Reports. "Our data consistently shows over time that cars from those brands are reliable when new and they continue to be reliable as they age," he added.
Etc,
The following 2 users liked this post by romer:
Freds430 (Yesterday), spike20586 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:05 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,145 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by romer
Aug. 27th CBS:

"Americans in the market for a used vehicle can cut their risk of having trouble down the road by considering some brands over others, with Lexus and Toyota topping a newly published list by Consumer Reports.

The nonprofit research and advocacy group's first-ever ranking of 26 brands has Lexus and Toyota holding a commanding advantage over third-placed Mazda. All three brands have held consistent average or better reliability ratings over the years, Consumer Reports noted.

"Brands like Lexus and Toyota have a history of conservative redesigns, incrementally improving their entire product line, rather than introducing many all-new systems," said Steven Elek, senior automotive data analyst at Consumer Reports. "Our data consistently shows over time that cars from those brands are reliable when new and they continue to be reliable as they age," he added.
Etc,
In addition J D Power who surveys many more owners than Consumer Reports has Lexus #1 in dependability. Being one is great but it is about consistency. 24 out of their 28 years #1 in dependability which is an incredible feat.

Last edited by Freds430; Yesterday at 05:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
romer (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:18 PM
DenverRx
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 62 Posts

I've always (almost always; took a bath on my wife's 01' Sienna Minivan) gotten top dollar selling or trading my Toyota vehicles. No problems during ownership, top dollar when I sell. The reason I've owned only Toyota, Scion, and Lexus over the last 32 years.
The following 4 users liked this post by DenverRx:
fitiam4me (Today), Freds430 (Today), jbrnigan (Today), romer (Yesterday)
Old Today, 04:27 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,145 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by DenverRx
I've always (almost always; took a bath on my wife's 01' Sienna Minivan) gotten top dollar selling or trading my Toyota vehicles. No problems during ownership, top dollar when I sell. The reason I've owned only Toyota, Scion, and Lexus over the last 32 years.
Toyota is # 2 in the J D Power dependability study.
Toyota models with combustion engines take seven of the top ten slots in the latest list of longest-lived cars by US-based internet sales platform ISeeCars.com.There were no German cars in the top 30 rankings.