LX - 4th Gen (2022-present) Posts related to the LX600 belong in this forum

How Can Toyota Improve the LX600 in a mid-cycle refresh

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:00 AM
MisterScot
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How Can Toyota Improve the LX600 in a mid-cycle refresh

Full disclosure, I owned two prior generation V8 LX and Land Cruisers. I wish I had each one sitting in the garage or that my kids were driving them. My wife and I both own the new LX600 (2024's) and both are Luxury models with the dark appearance package - different colors. I had my wheels and badges blacked out and it looks great. Initial observations.

1. And I cannot stress this enough, bring back the split rear lift/tailgate. Deleting this was no doubt purely a cost savings measure. I have never met anyone who preferred a single gate over a dual.
2. 3rd row delete option on all models.
3. Rear entertainment screen delete on all models (I will never ever use mine).
4. Make 20 inch wheels more readily available.
5. Complete black appearance package - I realize they don't do this because it allows the dealers to further squeeze customers.
6. I love the new motor, I had the V8's when I lived at 7500 feet. The V6 feels fast. Based n build dates, I feel mine is very safe, I still can't tell with my wife's as her's is a 2 or 3/24 build date and that I think is right when they switched to the new main bearing cap part number.
7. Better seats, more adjustability and functions especially massage feature.
8. I would love an extended wheel-base option. I think another 14-16 inches would be helpful - this will get some hate, but there ain't much room in the back seat.
9. Panoramic sun roof - I know these can be problematic, but feel like Toyota could do it right.
10. A little more tuning on the suspension. Sometimes it works great, other times sharp transients flow through everywhere. I had it on the highway yesterday Dallas to Austin and back and switched it to Comfort and it was magic carpet ride smooth down and back. I do feel like the ride modes actually make a difference on this vehicle.
11. I like the split screen infotainment and vehicle control screens. The center console shifter is great, honestly would not change this as it is better than a massive slab of screen that just attracts finger prints.
12. More customization in the driver's dash display
13. Rear tonneau cover a standard feature - Lordy, you gotta cut two panels to install it and order $900 in parts.
14. More color choices.
15. AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY, A LARGER FUEL TANK

I feel like Toyota could take a page from what Range Rover has done with the wheel base and engine options on the Defender. Have an extended wheel base option, adding before and after the rear axle. Have a true F-Sport option by putting the hot V8 into it. And offer a true off road package.
Old Yesterday, 05:16 PM
pkim1078
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Longer wheel base and bigger fuel tank for me. The current one is way too small.
Old Yesterday, 05:54 PM
chuckNX
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 97 Posts

I am still puzzled why they made the new LX look like the previous GX? Although nice, I find the design already dated compared to many competitors.
Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM
RedneckJoe
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

A lot of people mention longer wheelbase. Please no this works great. They also make this platform on a longer wheelbase in the Sequoia.

Never thought this looks like a GX, not seeing it. Headlights kinda look like the Range Rover Sport from the side, which I am not a fan of.
Old Today, 12:36 AM
motin
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default so much miss my old lx570

was my dream to get the new lx600 and i got it

how come my dream came to dream again on the lx570 ?

2nd raw seats this is a shame they canceled the rear seat moving fwd and aft electrically and now left us with no move at all so uncomfortable

if i could only find some one who is able to professionally take the 2nd raw out and fix rails so they can move that would be amazing.