NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

I still have a heckuva time changing from standard cruise to adaptive cruise control.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-24, 01:33 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Default I still have a heckuva time changing from standard cruise to adaptive cruise control.

On the rare occasion that I somehow accidentally put it on standard cruise control which I would never use, or I turned adaptive cruise control off, I have to pull over and start from scratch I have a heads up thing on the windshield and I just can’t remember how to do it.

On the right side of the steering wheel are the four arrows left right up down and if I move the screen from the adaptive cruise control screen it turns it off screws it up I don’t know where to go from there it’s so frustrating.

Plus it looks like I’ve just turned lane assist off somehow and will have to figure that out also.

The manual does not help me I can’t figure it out from the manual.

OK it’s dynamic cruise control versus standard and lane assist is the button on the steering wheel next to the four arrows on the right side I mentioned earlier that shows the car in the middle of two lanes.

AND

The info like mpg on the dashboard, that part of the dashboard, is not changeable? My wife has the UX and no HUD and that screen is changeable but I dont know if it is on our NX with HUD...that is the area on non HUD cars that shows several categories of info.

Last edited by LiBeRtAs; 09-01-24 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-01-24, 03:58 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 661 Likes on 438 Posts
Lightbulb

Drive Assist button changes between Dynamic Cruise Control and fixed speed cruise control

Press the Drive Assist Button: (shown in red)

You will see one of two icons displayed once you set speed (Dynamic Cruise Control ( Green) or Fixed Speed Cruise Control ( Blue)

Dynamic Cruise Control

Fixed Speed or Constant Speed Cruise Control

Good Luck and cruise safely.

YMMV,

MidCow3

The following users liked this post:
phryxus (09-24-24)
Old 09-01-24, 04:24 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Thanks, that might help a little but yeah I’ll need luck ha ha

One thing I forgot I guess if you turn heads up display off then it will be on the dashboard and might be easier to figure out how to change something back to where you want it on that I’m not sure.

The arrows on the left side of the steering wheel will change the things on the head up display to other operations I guess but I know I only asked about cruise control.
Old 09-01-24, 09:46 PM
oreon333
Pit Crew

Received 116 Likes on 86 Posts

Basically the same button you use to turn ON or OFF your cruise control is switching between two modes. One would be Adaptive Cruise Control and if you quickly press it again it will switch to regular cruise control, one button basically switches between ON/OFF/ACC/CC depending on how fast you pressing that button. So play with it to see what it does and how you do it.
LiBeRtAs (09-01-24)
Old 09-01-24, 09:57 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 661 Likes on 438 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by oreon333
Basically the same button you use to turn ON or OFF your cruise control is switching between two modes. One would be Adaptive Cruise Control and if you quickly press it again it will switch to regular cruise control, one button basically switches between ON/OFF/ACC/CC depending on how fast you pressing that button. So play with it to see what it does and how you do it.
It's the "Driver Assist Button" see post #2 : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...l#post11781114

Cheers

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 09-02-24, 01:10 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by midcow3
Drive Assist button changes between Dynamic Cruise Control and fixed speed cruise control

Press the Drive Assist Button: (shown in red)

You will see one of two icons displayed once you set speed (Dynamic Cruise Control ( Green) or Fixed Speed Cruise Control ( Blue)

Dynamic Cruise Control

Fixed Speed or Constant Speed Cruise Control

Good Luck and cruise safely.

YMMV,

MidCow3

Under the up down left right arrows what is that panel for I keep forgetting almost afraid to touch it.

I know I should look it all up in the manual but I have it but it’s so helpful to just get screenshots of some of the great answers I get here.

Last edited by LiBeRtAs; 09-02-24 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-02-24, 09:58 PM
oreon333
Pit Crew

Received 116 Likes on 86 Posts

Touch touch touch touch everything that is how you learn what those buttons do and you will remember. That button is to turn pages basically, or menue for your up down left right buttons. You got the same turn pages/menus on your left side too that switches different pages like G-Force, trip average, hybrid motor if you got hybrid, average fuel, etc. The page button on the right does not work if you drive, but if you in park it will show you a few options. What you see under those pages are customizable under settings. There are a lot of customizations for the left side, you can't change much on the right side though. Anyway, go explore, go wild, do not be afraid!
LiBeRtAs (09-02-24)
Old 09-22-24, 12:40 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Default Just now for some reason the cruise control

Icon on the dashboard instead of being green or white was red and it would not let me put it into cruise control it said see owners manual, I had to turn the car off and back on to do it, how can I fix that without turning the car off next time please?

I have HUD... and I'm talking about adaptive cruise control.

Last edited by LiBeRtAs; 09-22-24 at 01:27 PM.