NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Availability of Second Key FOB

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-24 | 11:19 AM
Bobcamman
10th Gear

Default Availability of Second Key FOB

I realize that this topic has been discussed much in the past, but I'm posting this today because I would like to hear from other Lexus NX owners about their experience in receiving a second key FOB.
I purchased a 2025 Lexus NX 250 on June 4, 2024 and have still not received the second key FOB. Yesterday, I received an email from Lexus saying that they apologize for the delay and that I will eventually get a first-class letter informing me when and how I can pick up the second FOB from my dealer (Lexus of Tampa Bay). I can't believe that this key FOB issue is still dragging on. Any helpful comments will be appreciated.
The following users liked this post:
SusanBC (09-19-24)
Old 09-18-24 | 11:45 AM
Droid13
Racer

Not sure exactly what help anyone could provide at this point. Your ability to negotiate from strength probably ended when you drove away with your new car instead of refusing to buy it without a second key (as a handful of people here have tried). Back in 2023 6 mths was considered "quick", My colleague that bought an NX350h 3 months before me and I both waited about 8 mths. He had forgotten all about it; took his car in for regular service and they presented him with the second key "what's this for, oh yea" LOL. He didn't remember seeing any notice. In my case I noticed the 2nd key was available via the Lexus app under service campaigns. I saw it there well before I received a letter, but it might be different administration where I am. We both had card keys too though, so it wasn't pressing matter for us. My 2nd key still hangs unused right where I put it the day I got it.
Bobcamman (09-18-24)
Old 09-18-24 | 11:58 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

I was notified on the Lexus app my key fob was in. Took 5 months.
Bobcamman (09-18-24)
Old 09-18-24 | 01:09 PM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

My dealer in, Portland, Oregon, kept bugging me to bring my 2024 NXh in for its "complimentary" 6-month service. When I replied I wasn't going to make the trek to the dealership until my second fob was available, they told me the fob would be "available next week, let's get you scheduled."

Total time from purchase to fob availability: just under 6 months.
Bobcamman (09-18-24)
Old 09-18-24 | 02:09 PM
XLR8TOR
Rookie

Bought mine in April. Dealer gave me second key at first service in August.
Bobcamman (09-18-24)
Old 09-19-24 | 08:59 AM
SusanBC
4th Gear

Default No 2nd fob for 6 months

got my RX 350h in late February and NO 2ND FOB yet!

what the heck???? 🤬

QUOTE=Bobcamman;11790335]I realize that this topic has been discussed much in the past, but I'm posting this today because I would like to hear from other Lexus NX owners about their experience in receiving a second key FOB.
I purchased a 2025 Lexus NX 250 on June 4, 2024 and have still not received the second key FOB. Yesterday, I received an email from Lexus saying that they apologize for the delay and that I will eventually get a first-class letter informing me when and how I can pick up the second FOB from my dealer (Lexus of Tampa Bay). I can't believe that this key FOB issue is still dragging on. Any helpful comments will be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Old 09-19-24 | 10:16 AM
rch
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bobcamman
I realize that this topic has been discussed much in the past, but I'm posting this today because I would like to hear from other Lexus NX owners about their experience in receiving a second key FOB.
I purchased a 2025 Lexus NX 250 on June 4, 2024 and have still not received the second key FOB. Yesterday, I received an email from Lexus saying that they apologize for the delay and that I will eventually get a first-class letter informing me when and how I can pick up the second FOB from my dealer (Lexus of Tampa Bay). I can't believe that this key FOB issue is still dragging on. Any helpful comments will be appreciated.
I know the same dealer was providing 2 fobs and extra card-like fob (depends on trim) at sale time at the end of July. You should get yours too soon hopefully.
Old 09-19-24 | 09:31 PM
websurfer
Racer

I called Lexus directly and the message indicated there's a recall. What was the recall, the 2nd key fob is ready. Waited 6 months for it. So I called the dealer and setup a time for programming and pickup of the 2nd key fob.

It was 6 months wait. Yes, I have the credit card key (part of a package) and 1 key fob already.