RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Issue with Armytrix exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-24, 08:34 AM
jjiang7
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Issue with Armytrix exhaust

Hi everyone, I recently got an Armytrix exhaust. It sounds great, but I'm having some issues with the valves. Basically when stopped for a slightly longer time, such as at a longer red light, the OBD dongle will shut off. The valve control will stop working until the car is restarted. Always possible that this is an install issue, and I have reached out to the installer. But wanted to see if anyone else in the community has had a similar issue and know what the fix is. My installer doesn't see many RCFs roll through so figured it might save time if this was an issue with a known fix. Thanks!
Old 09-22-24, 08:51 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,501 Likes on 1,800 Posts

Hey man,

Good to hear you got the Armyrrix. Looks like an installation issue. Did you use VSONE for installation as those guys are super good as we talked about it during the meet. I know you mentioned you have a dongle plugged into the OBDII port. I believe it must either using Bluetooth to talk to the controller for the servo motor that operates the valve or it is tapping into a vacuum source in the car? Do you know which one?
Old 09-22-24, 09:12 AM
jjiang7
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Rolla, thanks for the VSone recommendation. Unfortunately I didn't know about them until after the deposit was already paid at the other place, but I'll definitely be taking my car there in the future.

For the exhaust setup, it is using a vacuum line along with the OBD controller that connects to a remote or via bluetooth to an app on my phone. My guess is something is wrong with the OBD controller. For some reason it is going to sleep or shutting off when the car idles for about a minute, such as at a longer red light. Everything works properly otherwise.
Old 09-22-24, 09:51 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,501 Likes on 1,800 Posts

@jjiang7 Oh so it is a combination of both tapping into the vacuum lines and also using bluetooth connectivity. I am wondering if there is a sleep setting somewhere for the dongle where there might be a timeout for it? You might have to see if you can configure the dongle settings (Armytrix might be able to give you more info on that).

As far as installation, Eric and Steva at VSONE are insanely knowledgeable about mods on cars. They do a lot of ISFs and Lexus in general. They also did 3 different things on my RCF so they know a lot about Lexus cars (Eric owns a modified E92 M3 himself). I agree you should try first checking with Armytrix for either a faulty dongle or a configuration parameter that might be controlling the timeout. They might even send you a replacement dongle. Trying a replacement dongle should be the best way to find the root cause by process of elimination. If they say it is installation then you should have the installer diagnose it. If all else fails, you can always take it to Eric and Steve. Their charges are extremely reasonable for the amount of time they put in. I think they can diagnose this very quickly if it happens to be an installation issue.