NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Sourcing and installing Port-installed Accessories for NX350h Luxury

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-24, 08:01 AM
Iain78
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sourcing and installing Port-installed Accessories for NX350h Luxury

Hi there, new member looking for some info regarding port-installed accessories. Long story short, my in-laws are getting jerked around by their Lexus dealer over an order for a 2025 NX350h Luxury.

They were supposed to have some port options installed that are now not on the car that's in transit. Is there a good place to source these parts online, preferably at a discount over the dealer parts desk? I've found a few videos that indicate that luxury trim cars should have the wiring for at least some of these accessorites from the factory.

Illuminated Door Sills (PIO)
Illuminated Cargo Sill (PIO)
Side Puddle Lamp (PIO)
Rear Puddle Lamp (PIO)
Dashcam (PIO)

Has anyone bought and installed any of these after delivery? Are they plug-and-play are at least mostly plug-and-play?

thanks in advance!
iain

Last edited by Iain78; 09-24-24 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-24-24, 08:07 AM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Iain78
Hi there, new member looking for some info regarding port-installed accessories. Long story short, my in-laws are getting jerked around by their Lexus dealer over an order for a NX350h Luxury.

They were supposed to have some port options installed that are now not on the car that's in transit. Is there a good place to source these parts online, preferably at a discount over the dealer parts desk? I've found a few videos that indicate that luxury trim cars should have the wiring for at least some of these accessorites from the factory.

Side Puddle Lamp (PIO)
Rear Puddle Lamp (PIO)
Dashcam (PIO)

Has anyone bought and installed any of these after delivery? Are they plug-and-play are at least mostly plug-and-play?

thanks in advance!
iain
I would think that the first four are very easy to install. The dash cam could be a tiny bit more complicated but there are a ton of posts in here that elaborate on how to do that.
The following users liked this post:
Iain78 (09-24-24)
Old 09-24-24, 08:12 AM
Iain78
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dkaplan
I would think that the first four are very easy to install. The dash cam could be a tiny bit more complicated but there are a ton of posts in here that elaborate on how to do that.
I've read a few threads here and it looks like there is some confusion on which of these can be installed in the hybrids vs the non-hybrid models. I'll keep looking, thanks!
Old 09-24-24, 10:47 AM
StefanoS
Intermediate

Received 233 Likes on 147 Posts

Hi there, new member looking for some info regarding port-installed accessories. Long story short, my in-laws are getting jerked around by their Lexus dealer over an order for a 2025 NX350h Luxury.

Side Puddle Lamp (PIO)
Rear Puddle Lamp (PIO)
Dashcam (PIO)

thanks in advance!
iain
Our 24 NX450h+ came with the cargo illuminated strip, which is pretty much useless and the puddle lights on the front doors. I do not believe that the NX has any wiring in place for puddle lights for the rear doors but. the RX models do have this. The wiring harnesses all have these plugs in place so, yes it is plug and play. I would pass on the Lexus dash cam, as it is not all that great. The FitcamX is a far better unit (4K) and looks more like an OEM installation than the unit Lexus sells, which not even 4K. The FitcamX is a fairly easy installation. If you want more light in the cargo area, there is an upgraded LED unit for the liftgate, available on eBay which is a far better idea for bright illumination.

Last edited by StefanoS; Yesterday at 10:54 AM.
Old Yesterday, 12:07 AM
oreon333
Pit Crew

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Yes you can buy and install everything yourself, the real question is does your car has all the plugs that are necessary to connect all those You can even go the different route and get some aftermarket substitutions for some of that stuff for fraction of the cost and better appearance You can check my pimped ride
Old Yesterday, 03:04 AM
fitiam4me
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've read a few threads here and it looks like there is some confusion on which of these can be installed in the hybrids vs the non-hybrid models. I'll keep looking, thanks!
I have the 24’ Luxury and I don’t even have a spot (cutout or blank plate) for the rear puddle lamps. I even bought the Lexus logos for them before looking😭
Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM
StefanoS
Intermediate

Received 233 Likes on 147 Posts

The NX models do not have any wiring in place, nor a mounting spot for puddle lights for the rear doors like the RX models.
The following users liked this post:
fitiam4me (Yesterday)